Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Why? I thought it was just 1 game? 15 isn’t even a seasons worth.
I doubt you're a man of science and numbers but get your crayons and butcher paper out for a second. Hit pause on "Barney the Dinosaur".

A sample size of 15, 20, 25 is certainly a lot more reliable than a sample size of 3.

Further, you have the 43 other unique variables in each game (varying performance level of team mates and opposition) so it's very tricky indeed to make huge conclusions about a players entire career based on 3 games.

We use the full set of 200 or 300 plus games for a reason.

At least with finals you can often get 20, 30 or more in a players career. Martin has 16 finals, 9 great and 7 not very good. This is a start. It's far from the undisputed best record in history.

Could they be finals MVPs?
No such award existed. If you mean grand finals you have once again articulated yourself to the level of a common housefly.

You had to watch all the finals and decide. Something you are highly unqualified to do. At times you have pretended you could do it. I felt a little embarrassed for you so we stopped.

No such award existed. If you mean grand finals you have once again articulated yourself to the level of a common housefly.

You had to watch all the finals and decide. Something you are highly unqualified to do. At times you have pretended you could do it. I felt a little embarrassed for you so we stopped.
No you misunderstood again. So I’ll ask it another way.

What is possible for Bartel or GAJ to be the best player of the 2007 finals series?

No, Neale or Walsh haven’t had the most decorated seasons.
But they were more decorated than Matthews 1977 or 1978. Neale best player of the H&A (Brownlow), Walsh best player of the finals (Ayres). All Australian awards didn't exist so by your logic that would be used against Matthews too (this is how you punish each player for lack of Ayres awards).

So you'd have Matthews seasons ranked lower, right? He was less decorated in terms of the league awards.

But they were more decorated than Matthews 1977 or 1978. Neale best player of the H&A (Brownlow), Walsh best player of the finals (Ayres). All Australian awards didn't exist so by your logic that would be used against Matthews too (this is how you punish each player for lack of Ayres awards).

So you'd have Matthews seasons ranked lower, right? He was less decorated in terms of the league awards.
Was Leigh Matthews the best finals player or best player in the GF those years? Irrespective of the awards?

If you didn’t know Brownlow were voted differently back then. Which is why he never won one.

Was Leigh Matthews the best finals player or best player in the GF those years? Irrespective of the awards?

If you didn’t know Brownlow were voted differently back then. Which is why he never won one.
You tell me, you've ranked Martin alongside Matthews so obviously have made a detailed comparison of the two based on watching both of their careers.

You tell me, you've ranked Martin alongside Matthews so obviously have made a detailed comparison of the two based on watching both of their careers.

Lethal won best player of the 20th century. I don’t need to look into it further than that. It’s the ultimate accolade. But obviously is a bit unfair to use against current players if they don’t play then. But GAS can EAD he’s been eliminated from the discussion.

Cleansweep17 I think this is what you're after, the 2007 finals MVP.

2007 finals series. I'll stick to Geelong players. In the Collingwood game, Swan, Shaw or Clement could've snuck in near the bottom. Double them if you wanted tallies reflecting two coaches sets of votes.

QF vs NM

5. Ablett
4. Chapman
3. Scarlett
2. Bartel
1. Milburn

PF vs Collingwood

5. Ablett
4. Ottens
3. Bartel
2. Corey
1. Johnson

GF vs PA

5. Johnson
4. Scarlett
3. Chapman
2. Bartel
1. Enright

Leaderboard

Ablett 10 (Finals MVP)
Bartel 7
Scarlett 7
Chapman 6
Johnson 6
Corey 2
Enright 1
Milburn 1

Ablett the "finals fraud" who had a decent but not dominant performance in the GF training drill, still the MVP that season. BOG in the game that decided the premier the week before. And he showed he could do it in a training drill if he had to in the QF. Bartel not too far behind. But because they split the big awards and Johnson took the NS, all 3 have their seasons downgraded. Massively. Obviously. Falcon Logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s funny is you just proved my point without realising. (Even though GAJ wasn’t BOG in those two finals)

After Bartel gets the 1.5x weighting from the GF he wins the award. Using your own numbers no less🤣🤣
We could be dealing with someone with a genuine mental disability here.

Ablett's 2x 10 votes gives him a tally of 20.

Bartel would have 4 from the QF, 6 from the PF and 6 from the grand final (4 x 1.5), giving him 16 votes in total.

To cap it all off, a desperate last stand to try and deny the universally awarded BOGs, for games you have never watched.

Your most hilarious attempt at a post yet.

And you thought it was a "gotcha" after 4 failed attempts at phrasing a basic question.

Be serious for a second, are you 6 years old? Or just incredibly thick.

We could be dealing with someone with a genuine mental disability here.

Ablett's 2x 10 votes gives him a tally of 20.

Bartel would have 4 from the QF, 6 from the PF and 6 from the grand final (4 x 1.5), giving him 16 votes in total.

To cap it all off, a desperate last stand to try and deny the universally awarded BOGs, for games you have never watched.

Your most hilarious attempt at a post yet.

And you thought it was a "gotcha" after 4 failed attempts at phrasing a basic question.

Be serious for a second, are you 6 years old? Or just incredibly thick.
GAJ wasn’t the best in those two finals you’ve plucked that out of your ass. And you undersold Bartel.

"using your own numbers no less"

ERROR: REDACTED

Why delete the most hilarious parts of your posts? Leave the mistakes to learn from them.

Yep, the games I've watched countless times I assign made up numbers, giving BOGs to Ablett's games that definitely weren't him being the dominant player on the ground. Look at all those votes I gave him in the GF.

OR...we have a pathetic Martin tragic who has never watched the games and is trying desperately to prove no other player has been the H&A and Finals MVP. Because the Ayres awards didn't exist and he can make up his own fairytale of what did happen.

Better yet, you thought the 1.5 GF weighting only introduced in 2022 (and hence wouldn't have applied) would swing the vote someone elses way.

Failure after failure. What must your mother think?
Chapman went 17 and 5 and you don’t give him the BOG in the QF. Your cooked.

Bartel goes 29 and 1 and you give him two votes. Like do you really think we’d just overlook this?

Chapman went 17 and 5 and you don’t give him the BOG in the QF. Your cooked.

Bartel goes 29 and 1 and you give him two votes. Like do you really think we’d just overlook this?
Mooney went 17 and 5 in the grand final (plus an assist) in a game where no individual midfielder was even as dominant.

Where's his Normy?

We've certainly never seen midfielders with 32 disposals (as the best ball user in the comp), 15 contested possessions, 2 goals, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50s get BOGs before. That was all Ablett achieved in the 2007 QF, plus a million score involvements. Most of these were above his season averages in a year he won both the Coaches Association and League MVP award.

Next.

Look up what “manifestation” is. You clearly have it. You want GAJ to be the best so badly you make up s**t.
Desperate anti-manifestation would be what you're displaying here: a need to NOT have Ablett BOG in the first two finals Geelong played in 2007. You haven't watched the matches. You have no clue. You are literally making things up.

We have had a Hawks supporter choose Ablett as the 2008 finals MVP despite Hodge's Norm Smith, too. I suspect you'll pretend you didn't see that comment. So there's two.

2009 Chapman would give him a good run for his money. Ablett BOG in the first two finals but "only" 2 votes in the GF from 10. Chapman second BOG in the PF and BOG in the GF, but no votes in the QF. Bartel thereabouts in all 3 games. Ablett by a whisker. You would need the 1.5 GF weighting of 2022 onwards to have a chance at snatching it from him.

I know this is all very uncomfortable to hear. Ablett as the League MVP and Finals MVP three years in a row. It happened though. In 2010 Swan and Pendles got him. Maybe even Hayes.

Desperate anti-manifestation would be what you're displaying here: a need to NOT have Ablett BOG in the first two finals Geelong played in 2007. You haven't watched the matches. You have no clue. You are literally making things up.

We have had a Hawks supporter choose Ablett as the 2008 finals MVP despite Hodge's Norm Smith, too. I suspect you'll pretend you didn't see that comment. So there's two.

2009 Chapman would give him a good run for his money. Ablett BOG in the first two finals but "only" 2 votes in the GF from 10. Chapman second BOG in the PF and BOG in the GF, but no votes in the QF. Bartel thereabouts in all 3 games. Ablett by a whisker. You would need the 1.5 GF weighting of 2022 onwards to have a chance at snatching it from him.

I know this is all very uncomfortable to hear. Ablett as the League MVP and Finals MVP three years in a row. It happened though. In 2010 Swan and Pendles got him. Maybe even Hayes.
And yet it didn’t happen and nobody cares. All people will see is a big fat 0 next to his name FOREVER.

Now please keep screaming your delusional opinions at the wall. Just not on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back