Game Day Geelong Vs Fremantle - Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

as has been the case all year, he has his odd bad moment, but his good has always outweighed the bad. Great game by Zak, i honestly thought he would go to JPod, it seems that Ross threw him the challenge and he accepted it... all but with a lot of help from johnson, duffield, ibbotson and mcphee.

what a game

You are a joke, you didn't even think we were a good chance to win tonight and you immediately back a player that only played a half a game. Pavlich, Fyfe, Sandilands are the leaders here.

It's sad for me as a cats fan to read through the first quarter and half of the afl commentary. You blokes deserved it, and hat tip, fantastic effort, but I can't help to pause and wonder what went on with Geelong. With Scarlo going, it was just soft.

We all love footy. Well played Freo, you won it with an excellent effort. But I reckon it was just sad that a legendary club, for whatever reason, couldn't have made it more of a contest for one of the stars of the game. Of course the GFC is in slightly more pain than me.

Oh yes, a massive 21 disposals to mundy most of which he got in the first half. I'm sure I need to check my memories, you dud.
I forgot to be a good player you have to have 30+ disposals like the elite Matthew Boyd..

He was 2nd BOG. Clearance work was amazing, disposal was once again immaculate. He is our best midfielder. Who cares if he doesn't get the high number, you don't have to win 30 disposals to be good, you can win 20 and if you use it like he does, they are just as effective as the majority of 30+ disposal getters.

I
You are a joke, you didn't even think we were a good chance to win tonight and you immediately back a player that only played a half a game. Pavlich, Fyfe, Sandilands are the leaders here.
I think most people on this site know who the joke is ..........Mundy has been BOG the last 3 games or close to and your contribution to the forum has been limited

I forgot to be a good player you have to have 30+ disposals like the elite Matthew Boyd..

He was 2nd BOG. Clearance work was amazing, disposal was once again immaculate. He is our best midfielder. Who cares if he doesn't get the high number, you don't have to win 30 disposals to be good, you can win 20 and if you use it like he does, they are just as effective as the majority of 30+ disposal getters.

lol like missing directly in front of goal? That's how elite his kicking is? Pavlich nearly got his disposals and 6 goals. Mundy is not a midfielder, the guy is a flanker at best.

Mundy played decent for the first half but his second half he went missing, like he usually does. He cannot pull together 4 quarters and why I constantly berate the club for paying 750+K/year for him.

Sam Mitchell is about twice the player Mundy is and is on the same wage.

He went missing in the second half like usual. Good first half, but great players don't play half a game.
His first half gave us such a big lead, pretty much killed selwood and got in and under and was silky. In that 2nd half who else was better? Everyone was exhausted naggered. Fair go.. Total team performance.

lol like missing directly in front of goal? That's how elite his kicking is? Pavlich nearly got his disposals and 6 goals. Mundy is not a midfielder, the guy is a flanker at best.

Mundy played decent for the first half but his second half he went missing, like he usually does. He cannot pull together 4 quarters and why I constantly berate the club for paying 750+K/year for him.

Oh dear. You do need to check your memories. Mundy never had a shot at goal tonight... epic fail.

His first half gave us such a big lead, pretty much killed selwood and got in and under and was silky. In that 2nd half who else was better? Everyone was exhausted naggered. Fair go.. Total team performance.

Mundy has no very little defensive side. As to who won the game in the second half, I guess it was a a team performance of not giving up enough goals. Mundy was rarely sighted in the second half though. If you want to extrapolate his decent first half to all 4 quarters then be my guest but there were at least 7 players who played better than Mundy tonight. Mundy is our 3rd highest player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from the game, not only did our team earn respect but our supporters were unbelievable. Never had so much fun. Block N54 take a bow and the rewards were great. Geelong fans quite gracious for the most part but no choice really. End of one dynasty and hopefully the start of another. No voice left.

Gee the way your carrying on you'd think we lost.. Mundy was great tonight as well as Barlow. Not bad for players who had close to limited to no pre season.

Gee the way your carrying on you'd think we lost.. Mundy was reat tonight as well as Barlow. Not bad for players who had close to limited to no pre season.

Mundy was about 7th best on ground for our team. I'm not carrying on like we lost, I knew we would win. I was happy with Mundy's first half but like usual he didn't string 4 quarters together.

Best freo performance at the G. Period! Pav a star in a final (good for his future recognition) and claims most goals for the year. Who cares about Coleman when Jack wasn't even in a finals series. Empty award.

Loved that it was the BT crew. Darc = professional, Richo = affable, BT = epic. // Ball Magnet ftw call! Love Barlow's tagline.

Sure BT kept harping on the comeback possibilities but it rang true enough with the scoreline. It would have been their best comeback in finals ever and they could have been inside 2 kicks in the dying minute.

Anyway ;) Dockers can do that strategy vs Crows easily and shutdown Walker/Tippett. The only factor is Aami Stadium is a more home advantage stigma.

Good team performance - including Mundy.

I'm still smiling; so GTFO Mundy haters. We set up the win by getting to a 50-point lead in the first half. Mundy was a huge part of that.

Good team performance - including Mundy.

I'm still smiling; so GTFO Mundy haters. We set up the win by getting to a 50-point lead in the first half. Mundy was a huge part of that.

Yeah what other elite midfielders only play half a game. Oh that's right, none. If Mundy could play 4 quarters of what he did in the first half then he would be worth 750K/year. But he continually fades out in games and it's beyond a joke. Thankfully Ross has our lesser players covering those gaps.

Not a lot of love for ballantyne in here. I hate the little bastard but he was fantastic tonight
Agree KS he ran his guts out and got bufetted from pillar to post tonight. That knock he copped in the last quarter when he came off holding his ribs and blood coming out of his mouth did not look good, but he wanted to get out there again. A lot of opposition supporters only see the niggle but he is a serious player and competitor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Geelong Vs Fremantle - Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back