Geelong vs. St Kilda - Who do you want to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm... I'm not too sure really. Geelong have been the benchmark of the competition for the past few years and it would be pretty disappointing for them to only come away with 1 flag. But on the other hand, the Saints have dominated this year and would be hungry for their second premiership. It's really just some of their fans prancing around saying they deserve it that has pissed me off a bit.

I'd have to say Geelong, never really had much against them. As long as they never take Dangerfield or beat us in a final, then I'll always like seeing them in september.

Find me a Carlton supporter that didn't start following on the back of a GF win and I'll show you someone born into Carlton. You attract a certain type.

Heres one ...picked Carlton as my team as a 9yr old when they were middle table..just liked the name ..simple as that .

I would imagine any recent bandwaggoners would be Hawks, Cats or Saints fans.

"I'd like to dedicate this to all the women who said no" ?

And of course, no one at Geelong has ever been involved in any kind of sexual infidelity of any kind.

Seems a dislike of Milne is a pretty popular reason to want Geelong to win.

I like to think of Milburn and SOS.

I like to think of Gary Ablett reacting to losing a home and away match as if a close relative had died.

I like to think of Matthew Scarlett, and the classy way he deals with opponents after the siren.

I like to think of the how often during a game Joel Selwood feels the need to spontaneously pray.

I like to think of Scott Simpson playing in a Grand Final.

St Kilda will win. More talent and been the best team all year. Geelong's history of being spineless is still inherent in this team. Last years Grand Final is a perfect example.

Just heard Mark Doran say on SEN that with the high likelihood of rain forecast for GF day, it would better suit the Saints than the Cats.

Surely he cant be serious. The Cats have a great record in slippery conditions, so it would either suit them or have no effect, but no way can it suit the Saints more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Mark Doran say on SEN that with the high likelihood of rain forecast for GF day, it would better suit the Saints than the Cats.

Surely he cant be serious. The Cats have a great record in slippery conditions, so it would either suit them or have no effect, but no way can it suit the Saints more.
Of course it suits Cats, playing those wet days at KP and thrashing teams, Saints playing under a roof all year. Both teams have hard bodies but for Cats never lose in the wet, if I'm wrong point it out for me.:)

Edit come GF day it won't be raining.

Head- Geelong, heart- Saints, but happy for either side to snag it. Geelong deserve better than one flag for their long term dominance, but if they lose on Saturday I would say they blew their shot at it last year. Also with age and injury it's hard to see them getting another crack at it next year whiler the Saints could conceivably bounce back. Still, the Saints have dominated this year and I know a few supporters who deserve to see a flag. Having seen one myself after a long time between drinks, I couldn't begrudge them.

Can I vote for "Football"?

Geelong

After sitting in front of Francis Leach and about 4 of his mates at Footy Park this year who were being the biggest tossers I have ever come across at the footy, I hope the Saints lose. Admittedly the Saints were pumping us, but these guys were over the top and eventually got kicked out. Francis, who I didn't actually mind on radio back in the day, in his little commo hat, sneering, giggling and hiding behind his bigger and burlier mates was exceptionally punchable. I mean seriously, you are St Kilda supporters, I know you don't beat us too often, enjoy the win but don't act like absolute tools ffs. If it hadn't been for these tossers, I'd probably be behind the Saints.

I like both teams deserve to win for different reasons. These are mine:

St Kilda - Sentiment, best team all year, their supporters deserve a premiership, my friends are St Kilda supporters. Best team we played this year.

Geelong - Best team over the last 3 years. I don't want another team to win more premierships than us. A loss of $20 in a bet with a St Kilda supporter as to which of our teams will double their premiership tally.

If I had a preference, Geelong for me.

St Kilda vs Geelong - Should be a classic GF, expecting a tight, low contest and both teams are an equal chance of taking out the game. Cats have been on a mission for redemption and if they play like they did in the 2nd half vs Pies I can't see the Saints being able to restrict them kicking a winning score, Cats by make it 2/3 in a close game - Cats by 10pts

Crowd Prediction: 98,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs. St Kilda - Who do you want to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back