Preview Geelong vs WCE - Sat April 24, GMHBA Stadium @1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen how pathetically horrid our form has been? GTFO of here with that easy win bullshit. We could barely beat the worst team going around.

Can we please move donkey (SDK) down back, and stop trying to make him into something he isn't. He was an AA defender, just bloody leave him there FFS.
Scotty is probably trying to make him into a forward. You know how it works right? :wink:

A week after trying to move on from a loss we’d rather all forget, today kinda seems like a day to move on from a win that the vast majority would probably rather not watch again - though Drunkcat has offered to burn dvds of last nights match for anyone interested

While last night wasn’t one for the highlights it wasn’t all doom and gloom - Brandan Parfitt had a career high 34 disposals & that included 8 clearances, while the new general down back Tommy Stewart broke through 30 disposals for the first time in his career

On Saturday we’ll return to the seen of last nights crime against football, though there will be a couple of key differences - our opponents the Eagles will actually bring a style of game that they’ll hope will net them the 4pts and thus should bring a more attractive match from both teams for the fans to watch…but more importantly we’ll see the #5 return to KP when Jeremy Cameron makes his debut

We currently sit 3-2, have snuck into the 8 and it’s fair to say we’re playing far from our best - the intent is there, the signs are getting more positive each week but the execution is letting us down, and maybe with the inclusion of Cameron he can teach our fellow forwards how to lead at the ball carrier

We have Cameron making his team debut this week and the seemingly obvious choice to make way is SDK, though could we see a surprise and SDK hold his spot but move to the other end of the ground and line up in defence, a role that earned him All Australian honours at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships

Jordan Clark had a week off as he got to wear the “green vest” yesterday - will he return to the fold on Saturday and who makes way?

On the injury front Dangerfield finished the match on the bench after hurting his ankle, Selwood had his shoulder assessed during the match and post-match Benny from Krock spotted Tommy Stewart heading down the race & talking with medical staff over a wrist complaint

Are there other players with their positions in doubt - Dahlhaus seems to have been the most spoken about player in terms of his fortune in holding his spot and should he hold onto it for this coming match it will be game #200, while another somewhat maligned team in Rhy Stanley himself could be playing game #150 should he be the preferred option to face Nic Naitanui

Today is Monday, match selection ain’t until Friday night, so I’m sure there’s to be a fair amount of discussion and debate by the fans & within the club, between now and then

But bring on Saturday, make it a day to remember and more importantly one that does us the favour of helping to forget last night
I don't hate the idea of giving him a run as a kpd, but I doubt it.

Rohan was ok in second half. Agree he was appalling early. He is not going to be dropped any time soon. We desperately need his speed in the forward half.
His chasing is exceptional. Caused a number of turnovers with it. Pressure rated 2nd to Parfitt for the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you drop Dahlhaus after his performance on the weekend? Pretty much the perfect pressure forward game had he kicked 3.0 instead of 1.2.

People on this board really don’t understand role players do they?

Dahlhaus was fair on the weekend so if they didn't drop him last week then they won't this week but ultimately that is the problem with him isn't it.

40m directly infront. Have you got your money on Dahlhaus kicking it?

A role player still needs to step up to make the play when it is their turn.

I'd have my money on Rohan kicking it, I'd have my money on Tuohy kicking it, Dahlhaus nope.

How many "role" players can you carry? Dahlhaus is one too many in that forward line for mine.

Why would you drop Dahlhaus after his performance on the weekend? Pretty much the perfect pressure forward game had he kicked 3.0 instead of 1.2.

People on this board really don’t understand role players do they?
As always with dahl, his conversion rate is horrid. Continually wastes chance after chance. The only reason he converted one goal was because it fell into his hands in the goal square. I was actually surprised he didn’t screw that up too.

As seems be the regular look

If we want to change it we need to change the jumper to have less white. Most clubs have dark colours as its deemed more aggressive ... but I think we won our recent flags wearing white

I am a traditionalist ... but we have bigger issues than short colour atm.

Blicavs will be needed back all game, so may be forced to rush in Ratugolea. In that case, I would add Atkins to DeKoning as the omissions.

Agree with CE, no path back for Clark this week which is incredibly disappointing.

Dont think Rata is ready in terms of match fitness.

Cameron and MOC in for DEK and Dahl for mine..Stanley on notice for when Sav is fit.

As always with dahl, his conversion rate is horrid. Continually wastes chance after chance. The only reason he converted one goal was because it fell into his hands in the goal square. I was actually surprised he didn’t screw that up too.

I think he was too, given how he celebrated it.

It has been so long since we played with two actual key forwards, intrigued to see how Cameron and Hawkins are positioned in forward 50.

Just think of the amount of simple marks Rohan spills over the course of a season to realise how many looks Cameron is going to get at goal, being the second option without adding in his own unique scoring ability.

When Esava is fit he'll be straight in - some of his work in the VFL game was extraordinary.

Holmes was also outstanding and showed, with his excellent kicking, that he has the skills to go with his athletic gifts. He should come in for Dalhouse.
Close was good again and should stay in. I'd far prefer Clark to anyone of Atkins, Kolo or Bews, though Kolo has been OK in the last fortnight.

Rohan was appalling on Sunday, so he can make way for Cameron.

Very happy to read that - and i can remember when Geel played WC early in the season i think 2 years ago at KP = and the game was over at qtr time - and Sav played really well up forward - nice one grab marks

So that being the case - id bring him in this week - and De Konning goes out

Cameron is playing - and he has got pace - hes probably quicker than Dallhouse - so he takes his place - and bear in mind Eagles have got a very tall back line and tallish team .

Occonnor if fit comes in

Cats are stuttering along - however it would have been hard to get motivated for the Nth Melb game

I thought Geelongs effort and performance given the team they had in was ok against Melb - plus it was Duncans 1st game - and Menegola coming back from injury - a few of them were under done - and Melb the form side played very well - but Geel were far from disgraced

The key this week ( like that gam 2 years ago ) is put the Eagles under enormous pressure early ( especially scoreboard pressure ) and i cant see any stirring comeback from West Coast . Eagles only chance of winning - is to jump Geel at the start and lead all the way

I can't believe after our worst performance of the year against the worst side in the competition, that most on here only envisage one or two changes.

My changes that I would make.

In : O'Connor Cameron Fort Clark Holmes
Out : Kolo Stanley Dalhaus SDK Atkins

Stewart Blicavs Henderson
Bews Henry Clark
Menegola O'Connor Smith
Dangerfield Cameron Parfitt
Miers Hawkins Rohan
Fort C Guthrie Duncan
Holmes Touhy
Selwood Close

Status