Geelong vs West Coast Eagles Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this thread proves is geelong supporters are the most arrogant and ignorant in the league...:eek:

How is it ignorance? Geelong finished higher on the ladder, have a better recent record at the MCG, and had a week off. Logic save Geelong go in as favourites and with good reason.

Theres no reason to suggest West Coast couldnt win, its just that the odds suggest they wont. It wouldnt be the first time the underdog wins, wont be the last.

This thread:

- Cats supporters: we'll probably win, WC very slight chance though
- WC supporters: we'll probably lose, but have a chance of winning
- Hawks/Pies supporters: hoping WC win
- Blues supporters: most (not all) having a cry or tipping cats to dominate due to said cry
- Neutral supporters: cats to dominate

Me: cats to be too good, eagles to stay somewhat in touch, cats to run away with it by around 40.

Fair summary... West Coast are going to need some luck to win, after having played in the two toughest finals so far this year to back it up for a third week in a row is unlikely.

Just a real pity kerr did not get up for the game against the pies, would have been closer with him, who knows we may have pinched it.

Eagles can beat the cats but under current conditions it will not be easy.

I do not expect the eagles to roll over though, they have not done so once this year, they didn't do it against the pies and I don't expect them to do it against the cats.

It will be a tough game and the cats will know they have played in a prelim.

Geelong by 66, sorry to say the eagles fairytale will be over.. they'll be found out by a much better side. Wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the 8 in 2012. They'll recieve a much tougher draw and usually these "fairytale" teams will often drop out miserably when they lose their older players.. as Brisbane of '09 and Fremantle '10 found out.

Geelong by 66, sorry to say the eagles fairytale will be over.. they'll be found out by a much better side. Wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the 8 in 2012. They'll recieve a much tougher draw and usually these "fairytale" teams will often drop out miserably when they lose their older players.. as Brisbane of '09 and Fremantle '10 found out.

What older players are we expected to lose next year?

Sorry, who is planning on retiring this year?? Cox, Glass and Embley all seem to be going fine. Kerr is only a few months older than Judd. Though, old man Judd did seem a bit shite on the weekend, so maybe you are right.

Fremantle had so many injuries this year, this is what affected their performances. Almost no good players retired that helped them in 2010 (only guys like Hayden who were injured all the time anyway). Maybe we will be as unlucky with injuries as them though, you never know. Same could happen to the Blues though and you won't make the 8. Take out as many of your starting 22 as they had out and you would falter too no doubt.

A solid 1 point.. Confidence must be high..

You guys were clearly the better team over the year, so I think most WC supporters are hoping for a win, but expecting a loss. The boys won't though, they will go in there knowing they can win if they play to their potential. I guess that is a bit obvious though. They've beaten you already this year.

On paper Geelong look so much stronger

But I can still see this being a real close game
Without being biased WC's Press and their very underated backline will make it
impossible for Geelong to hammer WC. Like ALL teams have found out this year

LOL @ at the morons saying Cat supporters are arrogant.

The bookies have it $1.20 or something for a Cat win and 5.20 for the Eagles..

The Eagles certainly have a chance, but of course we're going to be confident?! What did u honestly expect?...

On paper Geelong look so much stronger

But I can still see this being a real close game
Without being biased WC's Press and their very underated backline will make it
impossible for Geelong to hammer WC. Like ALL teams have found out this year

I expect a tight first half, but then the week off will tell.

Cat's by 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest factor in WC's improvement this year has been the coming of age of several kids. Can't see why they wouldn't improve even more with the hardness of a tough finals series seasoning them up a bit more.

We'll be there abouts next year.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves, eagles are still in it this year.

Will be bloody tough this week, but at our best we have shown that we can absolutely beast the cats. They looked lost against us in the first half in our clash earlier this year before recovering to lose narrowly.

Cats deserve favouritism, and no doubt play the G far better than us. But we aren't without a show. Get the feeling a loss will have more to do with the fatigue of 2 bloody tough finals hitouts in 2 weeks and 2 wet games in the fortnight before that taking it's toll on young bodies.

Happy to be still in it, and sore bodies or not, you can bet your house that blokes like Cox and Embley are getting stuck into the guys this week telling them that prelims don't come around all that often.

Still tipping the cats to get us, but it's no lay down misere

LOL @ at the morons saying Cat supporters are arrogant.

The bookies have it $1.20 or something for a Cat win and 5.20 for the Eagles..

The Eagles certainly have a chance, but of course we're going to be confident?! What did u honestly expect?...

It's arrogant to say 60+ points. Nothing suggests it will be even close to that big of a margin. Not saying it counts for anything but having already beat you and almost knocked off the pies the other week suggests it will be a very close game. You deserve to be favorites 100%.

But then again that's only some cat fans, mainly Carlton fans that are still having a cry about saturday night.

I think the cats should win by 30 points but if Cox and Nic Nat get on top of ottens then anything could happen.

Going to be some sore eagles this week.

If Cloke didn't outmuscle MacKenzie, Hawkins won't.

He'll be playing on Glass anyway, so won't get a kick.

Couldn't care less about Hawkins's and Podsiadly's stats. It's the team that wins games, and to make arguments like Kaiserchief's (which is actually a dang good band) saying that only our small forwards will kick the goals is just outrageous. Especially since we only have 2 small forwards in our best 22, who usually help in the middle anyway.

And what makes you think Hawkins isn't as strong as Cloke? You don't have a lot to base it on. It was only a few weeks ago that he started using his strength and height properly, let alone stopped avoiding contests!

Do i think we will win saturday? no
Do i think we can win saturday? absolutely

Geelong being at home gives them the advantage as well as the weeks rest.We have had a very tough couple of weeks,and look a tired and sore team.

However i believe we are capable of beating Geelong without doubt,i dont think we will,but we are certainly capable.

If we dont win,i wont be overly disapointed,this year they have performed above expectations,and will have learned a lot from playing 3 tough finals.However in the next couple of years,look out coz i think we will definately be seriously challenging for the flag.We have so much improvement with the likes of Shuey,Gaff,Darling etc.

Also think cats fans arent showing us the respect we deserve in this thread.

Anyway hope we win saturday.

i feel west coast will make a game of it then the likes of chappy, bartel, kelly, selwood, corey, stevie j, enright, scarlett, j pod, ottens, will just be to experienced and to good, and will run over the top of them.

Pods has played around 30 senior games. If that's too experienced for WC, then I'm lost.

Although I think his 8 years of experience outside of the ones, after not being picked for almost a decade will give him a stronger mental attitude than most players out there.

As for him being "too good" for the Eagles, according to some WC supporters, he'll get blanketed and it's up to our 2 small forwards to kick all the goals :eek:

It's arrogant to say 60+ points. Nothing suggests it will be even close to that big of a margin. Not saying it counts for anything but having already beat you and almost knocked off the pies the other week suggests it will be a very close game. You deserve to be favorites 100%.

But then again that's only some cat fans, mainly Carlton fans that are still having a cry about saturday night.

I know what you're saying but I think the Cats by 12 goals (if we take the foot of it in the last).

I would be worried against the blues and next week against hawks/pies but I don't see the Eagles as even the slightest threat. I was ecstatic when they won last week because it's a certain GF for us.

Grand Final is 50-50 though

Eagles supporters need to remember how we were talking ourselves up last week before the Carlton game. It's called belief in your team to beat a team that finished below you. Carlton were cocky but had nothing to base their arguments on besides a few injuries last time we versed.

Which supporter base looked like idiots ? Geelong are us this week, we are in Carltons position but we did beat them earlier in the year.

This doesn't count for to much as Essendon did the week before and they had some big names out and some young players in.

Can't wait for this game, will be a cracker.

I know what you're saying but I think the Cats by 12 goals (if we take the foot of it in the last).

I would be worried against the blues and next week against hawks/pies but I don't see the Eagles as even the slightest threat. I was ecstatic when they won last week because it's a certain GF for us.

Grand Final is 50-50 though

lol you know what i'm saying? really?

Good luck, you will need it.

Couldn't care less about Hawkins's and Podsiadly's stats. It's the team that wins games, and to make arguments like Kaiserchief's (which is actually a dang good band) saying that only our small forwards will kick the goals is just outrageous. Especially since we only have 2 small forwards in our best 22, who usually help in the middle anyway.

And what makes you think Hawkins isn't as strong as Cloke? You don't have a lot to base it on. It was only a few weeks ago that he started using his strength and height properly, let alone stopped avoiding contests!
Honestly you are comparing Hawkins to Cloke :eek:. Hawkins will be beaten by Mackenzie or Glass on 1 leg with both their hands tied around their back. If the key forwards don't kick the goals who will? The small forwards and half forward flankers. The midfielders will chip in with a couple as well most likely but Hawkins and Pods wont get anymore than 2-3 between them.

You know when you get those visions when you can see the exact margin and then it actually happens lol? and theyre never wrong?

well ive, just got one and it says that Geelong will win by 9 points.

Feel free to thank me for my opinion in a message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back