Geelong vs West Coast Eagles Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong by 66, sorry to say the eagles fairytale will be over.. they'll be found out by a much better side. Wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the 8 in 2012. They'll recieve a much tougher draw and usually these "fairytale" teams will often drop out miserably when they lose their older players.. as Brisbane of '09 and Fremantle '10 found out.
A tougher draw?:eek: What, are they going to make us travel interstate every week next year instead of every other week?

Wouldn't mind the Brisbane fairytale actually. The one where they were the last team to go from wooden spoon to top four in 1999, closely followed by a three peat!

Just give it all you have got West Coast, that is all we supporters ask at this stage!

How is it ignorance? Geelong finished higher on the ladder, have a better recent record at the MCG, and had a week off. Logic save Geelong go in as favourites and with good reason.

Theres no reason to suggest West Coast couldnt win, its just that the odds suggest they wont. It wouldnt be the first time the underdog wins, wont be the last.

Didnt say geelong are not clear favourites..they are
But for Geelong supporters saying they will win by 100+ points is arrogant.

I know what you're saying but I think the Cats by 12 goals (if we take the foot of it in the last).

I would be worried against the blues and next week against hawks/pies but I don't see the Eagles as even the slightest threat. I was ecstatic when they won last week because it's a certain GF for us.

Grand Final is 50-50 though

Case in point....sheesh:eek:

Honestly you are comparing Hawkins to Cloke :eek:.
I wouldn't have even talked about Cloke had you not said "How many did Cloke and Dawes kick last week?". :eek:

Hawkins will be beaten by Mackenzie or Glass on 1 leg with both their hands tied around their back.
Nice to know:thumbsu: Have you been paying attention to any of my previous replies? All regarding that we have too many options for you to cover? We could throw any one of our midfielders up forward and know they'll do more than Hawkins anyway.

If the key forwards don't kick the goals who will? The small forwards and half forward flankers. The midfielders will chip in with a couple as well most likely but Hawkins and Pods wont get anymore than 2-3 between them.

You are just about to learn that Geelong aren't a two-man team. We won our first 13 games when Hawkins was running away from contests and Pods was in bad form. Mooney was out too.

The small forwards should kick goals, but you stated that they would be our only source of goals. I reckon the midfielders, heck even our defenders will chip in with a lot of our goals if Hawkins, Pods, Ottens and West don't kick many.

In fact I reckon the goals (just from midfielders and defenders) could be:

Bartel - 3 goals
Christensen, Selwood - 2 goals
Hunt, Corey, Kelly, Wojcinski, Mackie - 1 goal

(Ling would be up there if he wasn't going to tag)

The rest should be forwards:
Johnson - 3 goals
Podsiadly, Hawkins - 2 goals
Chapman, Stokes - 1 goal

I think it will be a high-scoring game, with both teams giving it their all.

Good luck :thumbsu:

P.S Kaiser Chiefs = legendary band.

Honestly you are comparing Hawkins to Cloke :eek:. Hawkins will be beaten by Mackenzie or Glass on 1 leg with both their hands tied around their back. If the key forwards don't kick the goals who will? The small forwards and half forward flankers. The midfielders will chip in with a couple as well most likely but Hawkins and Pods wont get anymore than 2-3 between them.
I seem to recall O'hailpin taking a few contested marks against Mackenzie, who's to say Hawkins (who played very well against Hawthorn) won't do the same.

Think the game will follow the same path as the game Geelong vs Hawthorn game. Eagles to look good early then Geelong will have a dominant second quarter and have it won from there.

Didnt say geelong are not clear favourites..they are
But for Geelong supporters saying they will win by 100+ points is arrogant.

No its not.....

Its stupid....or a wind up.

Take no notice...Geelomg should win....but it wont be 100 points thats certain.

I would be worried against the blues and next week against hawks/pies but I don't see the Eagles as even the slightest threat. I was ecstatic when they won last week because it's a certain GF for us.

Grand Final is 50-50 though

Bit like 08 GF eh? Hawks weren't even the slightest threat according to Geelong people were they. It's that kind of arrogance that loses games that should be won.

Embers said the boys pulled up well after beating Carlton, and we will have a full strength team going into the prelim which is good news. I also don't think the last two weeks will impede the Eagles' effort or intensity going into the game as a lot of people are suggesting - they will be playing to win. They played in all four finals weeks in 06 and won the flag, albeit with two home finals.

Whether their skill level is good enough on the day is the crucial factor. I expect Geelong to win the game but it will be a tighter contest than most people think, and Eagles will be going into the game with a good sense of belief after round 16. Nobody should completely write them off after what they've showed this year.

Bit like 08 GF eh? Hawks weren't even the slightest threat according to Geelong people were they. It's that kind of arrogance that loses games that should be won.

I actually tipped Hawks in 08. Were clearly the inform team and best finals team heading into GF.

Can't wait to bump my posts on Saturday

Errrr... I doubt any of these anonymous posters are current Geelong players so any so-called arrogance on display here is of little relevance to the game scheduled on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errrr... I doubt any of these anonymous posters are current Geelong players so any so-called arrogance on display here is of little relevance to the game scheduled on Saturday.

No kidding. I was referring to the Geelong players of the 08 GF - they were cocky and did not respect their opposition enough, and that played a significant role in the defeat. Maybe the Hawks were the form team of that finals series but just about everybody, including the Cats players, expected that Geelong were going to win the game. It was theirs to lose.

Awesome.

I just watched What's Your Decision? with the Giesch and he said everybody's favourite umpire Razor Ray is going to be ruining this match.

I'm sure the players/coaches didn't just stroll in thinking they would win...the supporters arrogance has nothing to do with a win/loss.

I wasn't one of the people that was saying that. I actually thought the Hawks would win. Don't go saying "Geelong people" referring to all of us, as most of us aren't like that. Every club has arrogant supporters, but given we actually have bragging rights, it's a little more acceptable.

As for "that sort of arrogance loses games that should be won".....can't agree with that. The attitude of the supporters should have no effect on the players if they are a good team. I am fine to admit that Hawthorn played better on the day. But the reactions of fans don't lose you games, and I don't think the players possessed that attitude then and especially since then.

EDIT: Ah, Liam beat me to it.

No kidding. I was referring to the Geelong players of the 08 GF - they were cocky and did not respect their opposition enough, and that played a significant role in the defeat. Maybe the Hawks were the form team of that finals series but just about everybody, including the Cats players, expected that Geelong were going to win the game. It was theirs to lose.

Unless you had a spy camera in the Cats rooms, with recorded evidence of players saying that they were a sure thing, your post isn't believable.

19 pages of Geelong supporters with their backs up and Carlton fans blaming the umps for last Saturdays game. *yawn*. Blaming the umpires, we still do that?
Guarantee if Carlton won by 3 points you lot would've been chirping about how 'fair' the umpiring was.

I love the excuses for Geelongs loss to West Coast this season - 'Heavy training load' 'player outs' 'travelling' 'away game'.
Those are some mighty good excuses for a top 4 team that got beaten by the previous years wooden spooners.

I hope for Geelongs sake those 'naughty' umpires don't ref this game.

Were arrogant sometimes because our football side is one of the greatest of all time.

Weve won bigger games against harder and better teams than this wce squad.

You cant deny or ignore that.

If you are the greatest there has been a massive underperformance in finals.

Bigger games against harder teams - you have also lost against softer teams.

You have to be favorites comming up against a team with several 18-19 year olds in.

Don't choke again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back