Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel so happy for Blicavs, Stanley, C.Guthrie, Tuohy, Bews, Kolaj. Been servants of the club for a long long time and I think I would have been heartbroken if they never won a flag.

And for danger..done so much for the club and deserves this.

Feel sorry for the guys who helped us get here that havent won one.

So has Selwood retired?

Not yet..i imagine any of the guys retiring wont announce it (they might tell their teammates tonight but the public wont be told yet) for a week or two until the trade period. But the emotion at the end told me thats his last game i reckon 😥

Big shout out to Chris’s Scott. Took no salary for 2020 and has delivered a premiership. Selfless people at the club and he’s at the top
Courageous call this year to change style and play more attacking football
The only way our club plays.
Held his nerve too when the temptation late in year would have been to go defensive

He must be feeling content now

Not yet..i imagine any of the guys retiring wont announce it (they might tell their teammates tonight but the public wont be told yet) for a week or two until the trade period. But the emotion at the end told me thats his last game i reckon 😥

Could have just been relief we've finally won another flag. He has tried to get us over the line the past 11 years.

They'll be back and refreshed for a new season ...
The negative people like me won't be, this year is exactly what I have been bleating about since we went from a super attacking team early 2019 to a control based team.

We had weapons, we didn't use them. This season, we played an exciting, direct, quick moving brand of football to make use of our gun forwards.

As long as we don't go back to that short kicking, controlling, crap football, you won't hear a peep.

The style of football we played this season was the best I have seen at times since 2007/08/09. Was utterly incredible and the coaches deserve all the credit for implementing this gamestyle and sticking with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know what it is, but except for maybe 07 this one just feels different. It felt like such an uphill climb and a culmination of all the past few seasons. I am exhausted emotionally.

Me too i said the same thing to my mrs about 1/2 hr ago. Exhausted but so very very happy.

As long as we don't go back to that short kicking, controlling, crap football, you won't hear a peep.

The style of football we played this season was the best I have seen at times since 2007/08/09. Was utterly incredible and the coaches deserve all the credit for implementing this gamestyle and sticking with it.
I remember after the GWS game the media was trying to say we were going back to control football. That didn't eventuate and I applaud Chris Scott for keeping strong in the face of a few bad results.

I made a boxing analogy in the Game Day thread. I got it wrong.

It was early Mike Tyson getting up in the Swans' faces and it was them having to backpedal and defend.

That was 2007-esque today. Relentless. Won every quarter. Showed why we had won 15 on the trot.

Hawkins' two ruck work ones in the first quarter. "Oh you just can't let that happen" say the commentators, "He's been doing that for 7-8 years." Maybe it's because he's one of the dominant forwards of the modern era who has changed the role to fit his attributes, and there are very few players who can match him for body strength when it comes to muscling up on a throw in.
Smith's first two goals - just running.
Selwood's goal off the outside of the boot from 48. That was special.

Had them almost constantly on the back foot and it showed. Their delivery into the forward line (when they could get it there) was mostly high balls and scramble. The opportunities where they had time and could lower their eyes, they generally did ok, but there weren't many of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back