Remove this Banner Ad

Jentleman Geff

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 11, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Credit where credit's due, hey?

Adelaide aren't much chop, but after hearing so many clubs whinge about injuries (mine included), it was great to see a side have youngsters and relative nobodies slot in for a range stars and still put a lesser side to the sword like they always do.

That club does a lot of things right, and for a neutral they are still a joy to watch.

• Banned
Geelong won?

*yawn*
They sure did. But they did it without Bartel, Selwood, Ottens, Kelly and (effectively) Ablett.

I know teams have momentum and can patch over missing players against weaker teams from week to week, but considering how they were written off at the start of the season, and the way in which their young players have slotted in easily, you can't deny they have been very impressive.

They sure did. But they did it without Bartel, Selwood, Ottens, Kelly and (effectively) Ablett.

I know teams have momentum and can patch over missing players against weaker teams from week to week, but considering how they were written off at the start of the season, and the way in which their young players have slotted in easily, you can't deny they have been very impressive.

Ablett? We won without Daicos last night too.

Good win by the Cats, some seriously good young talent coming through. We won QB with similar quality out, then when some of it came back this week... we struggled! Just depends on your opponent on the day. Oh and you forgot to mention Scarlett got subbed off too!

Collingwood won by a greater margain against Melbourne on QB with a far less experienced side than Geelong fielded today.

• Banned
Ablett? We won without Daicos last night too.

Good win by the Cats, some seriously good young talent coming through. We won QB with similar quality out, then when some of it came back this week... we struggled! Just depends on your opponent on the day. Oh and you forgot to mention Scarlett got subbed off too!
I don't think Daicos is quite the same, do you?

People were writing off Geelong hard at the start of this season, partly based on Ablett's departure. The thinking was the same as West Coast's loss of Judd. On top of his loss, they have a heap of more outs, and still destroyed Adelaide.

My point is, they're undefeated for a reason - it isn't a fluke related to a run of luck or having their best available team at full power each game. As a club they have a good system for remaining competitive no matter who is out there.

I'm really enjoying this season - we're getting game into the kids (Christensen, Vardy, Simpson, Brown, Cowan) plus the likes of Menzel, Duncan and Taylor Hunt have become permanent fixtures in our line-up. Future looks good.

But Adelaide were beyond pathetic today. We could have taken another 7 out and still won.

Collingwood won by a greater margain against Melbourne on QB with a far less experienced side than Geelong fielded today.
That's great for Collingwood, but did they lose their best player at the end of last year? That's what impresses me about Geelong, a number of other clubs would whinge about that loss. They just get on with it and win, and can do it in spite of further players being unavailable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about the Cats, did you know that in the last few weeks Carlton have beaten Port, Brisbane, and Sydney??!

(Please Blues fans, I'm not having a go at you guys or your team, rather the shallow media that apparently reports on the AFL.)

Oh FFS. You're wrong, Geelong went into today's game with an average 89.2 matches experience, Collingwood against Melbourne had 94.7 avg games experience. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off, clown.

Thanks for the thought Jeff, unfortunately you're mainly going to get shit like this.

Jentleman Geff is such a loser. He is trying to take attention away from the Eagles winning against Carlton at Etihad. In the other thread he reckons Geelong beating Adelaide at Skilled Stadium is more impressive....

Seriously Geff, you really are a sad person.

Jentleman Geff is such a loser. He is trying to take attention away from the Eagles winning against Carlton at Etihad. In the other thread he reckons Geelong beating Adelaide at Skilled Stadium is more impressive....

Seriously Geff, you really are a sad person.
This has nothing to do with West Coast.

Geelong are seriously impressive as a club. I want my club to learn from what they've done and are doing.

This post ain't about Collingwood. Deal with it

Cool story bro.

Pies fans rave on about their depth. You could at least acknowledge that Geelong just totally dominated a team without their first, second, or third best midfielders, their two best rucks, two starting defenders and a quality small forward. When you throw in the fact that Mooney and Ablett are gone from the 2007-2010 team it's not a bad effort.

As for your claims about experience, after today's game:

Christensen: 7 games
Hunt: 18 games
Duncan: 19 games
Menzel: 15 games
Gillies: 7 games
Motlop: 2 games
Simpson: 3 games
Brown: 1 game

Average games played by Geelong team which just played Crows: 89.2
Average games played by Collingwood team which beat Melbourne: 94.7

In summary, you are wrong.

Oh, and if you want to make comparisons to other games, we beat the Crowsbots by more than the Pies did at the MCG with all of their stars playing.

Oh FFS. You're wrong, Geelong went into today's game with an average 89.2 matches experience, Collingwood against Melbourne had 94.7 avg games experience. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off, clown

Haha, I wasn't going to look up the stats, but I suspected there was something wrong about that post. Good get.

One of the arguments against us coming into this season was that, like the Saints, we had no decent youth coming through. It was believed that due to the natural cycle of a consistently top team getting low draft picks, we would be destined to have spud youngsters, meaning a severe drop down the ladder.

As good as it has been to win every game, it's been good to get a look at our young guns coming through, some of which look better than guys at clubs that have bottomed out to gain the high draft picks.

I wonder if the fact that we are playing these young guys alongside a team full of such experienced, hardened champions, in a club that has built a winning culture is far better for their development than playing in a team full of young, early round draft picks.

Still...not getting ahead of ourselves here. Adelaide are a shit team and were lucky the margin ended up as it was. As we have tended to do recently, we let them grab some easy goals late as we knew we had the game iced. Evidently, that team against a top 4 side would have been beaten. The signs from the young guys were certainly good though.

With Vardy impressing and now Brown showing good signs, Hawkins would be worried about his future I would think.

Adelaide are a shit team and were lucky the margin ended up as it was. As we have tended to do recently, we let them grab some easy goals late as we knew we had the game iced.
Are you kidding? I reckon the Crows were extremely flattered by the scoreboard. We had long periods of domination where we only kicked 1-2 goals.

If Collingwood win another flag (or two) get four years down the road and win a game without:

Jolly, Brown, Swan, Daisy, Pendles, HarryO, etc etc. by almost 10 goals I will give them the big thumbs up! :thumbsu: Until that day, **** OFF!

The point is we have completely defied what is considered the norm of the AFL, the cyclical movement up and down the ladder. We havent finished bottom 4, we didnt get given an extra $600,000+ to spend on players, we didnt have a draft pick greater than 7, we had the AFL (yes the ****ing AFL) steal our best player, yet have managed to win two flags, play in finals for the best part of a decade, dominate the comp for 4 years and become one of the strongest off field clubs.

I dont think supporters from other teams have any idea how rare this is, especially considering the rules and regulations of the national comp. This is not a state league in 1954, this is the AFL in 2010!

If you want a look at how hard it is, 2 of our biggest rivals of the last 4 years are shot to hell (Dogs snd Saints), whilst the Hawks are only just coming back from 2 years as a complete non event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back