List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker's a lively figure at the Cattery and has been for a few years now. Be extremely surprised if he did leave as he also has family history with the Cats and he would understand he is needed given Podsiadly is 31 this year and may only have another 2 maybe 3 seasons left in him (no signs of slowing down just yet though).

Then again, Walker may feel he needs to be played right now rather than have to play sporadically here and there over a 2 year period.

All I know is that other clubs are keen

Walker needs to be signed and soon.
sharks in the water... Still, he needs to understand the Geelong way will not be short and flashy but he will get games...

Go Catters

He’s doing the sensible thing which is wanting to be absolutely sure that the plans being put into place by Port put them in a position to be competitive. That entails not only on-field plans but off- field ones too. It’s a big decision for him and I don’t blame him at all for holding off until all the ducks are in a row at Port before making his call.

Bomber Thompson said during the week that they would be interested in Caddy and Boak but he wouldn’t want to give up too much for either as developing players from within was the way to go. They are my feelings for us really as it has proven to be a very successful formula.

You could be right AM but I tend to think there is more to it. Boak had ample time to re-sign before Primus departed yet he didn't , now that Primus is gone and if Boak was staying because of loyalty to him it's more likely he'll leave IMO
As we saw with Jnr you wear an awful lot of pressure when you delay this type of decision and it makes no sense to put you and the Club through it if you are going to stay - provided the deal is to your liking.

The interesting part in all this is that Boak doesn't just come out and say publicly that he wants to sign on with Port and that he will sign a contract with Port. The Port board are saying its close and if it is that close, I don't know why Boak or his manager don't make noises about how he will be at Port next year. There seems a lot of stalling and not enough positive noise coming from the right people. It seems that Boak is getting positive media without having to say anything, everything is completely deniable so when he walks, he isn't aubject of the "liar" lines or anything like that.

I also don't think he is any chance of going to North. I don't think that announcing that Boak's management was chasing North is a positive sign for them. All that does is put the heat on Boak and clubs would never put the heat on a player who is going to sign for them. To me, North have basically given up any chance of getting Travis Boak. They could become a player but I would think it will be absolute last resort.

i am hearing that it has all done a u turn and he is now coming again
his family always wanted him to come, and were under the impression he was coming
primus assisted him to change his mind - the reason for the cat dash

family believes he will be a better player being in a system and pushed, and not allowed to coast

Me thinks you're making most of this up. Lets wait 2 weeks hey.

You could be right AM but I tend to think there is more to it. Boak had ample time to re-sign before Primus departed yet he didn't , now that Primus is gone and if Boak was staying because of loyalty to him it's more likely he'll leave IMO
As we saw with Jnr you wear an awful lot of pressure when you delay this type of decision and it makes no sense to put you and the Club through it if you are going to stay - provided the deal is to your liking.
Don't think Junior delayed his decision. Just delayed revealing it.

Me thinks you're making most of this up. Lets wait 2 weeks hey.
I just cant see why he hasn't signed by now if he was going to stay? If his loyal he wont care what coach you get, so should have signed. ITs not like his waiting for your B and F to sign in front of everyone. Its suss is all im going to say.

Hey I would love for him to come here, but I hope he stays for your clubs sake.

Don't think Junior delayed his decision. Just delayed revealing it.

...yes....for twelve months.

The epiphany on Hamilton Island bullshit was an insult to his (then) club, teammates and supporters. I look at him now in a completely different way....more because of this than his decision to leave for the money.

Port CEO said this today
Travis Boak

It’s great to see Travis back to some very good form after frustrations with injury. Our discussions with Boaky continue, albeit there hasn’t been a lot of action in the last couple of weeks.

When all the fuss about Geelong talking to him was in the media, Travis was still considering whether it was time to return to his home state to be closer to his family.

We hadn’t even seriously begun talking about the contract terms at that time. Travis made the decision that he was happy to stay in Adelaide, and contract discussions began in earnest. Then came the Matthew Primus decision. Quite rightly, Travis wanted to know how that would affect the future direction of the club and he came to speak to us about it with his manager. Since then, our contract talks have resumed and we feel very comfortable with where they’re at today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta lock it when it gets to 119 mods!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back