List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon you will find out (that he's staying) next saturday... as gut feel is he will announce it at our b&f the night before.
Who really cares. Good luck with your next 20 years of failure, if you survive that long.

Who really cares. Good luck with your next 20 years of failure, if you survive that long.

Obviously you care given you're reading this thread.

Thanks im looking forward to the next 20 years. I mean to think as bad as we've been this year and givwn our tough draw it looks like we've still got melboune and dogs covered.

I reckon you will find out (that he's staying) next saturday... as gut feel is he will announce it at our b&f the night before.

OK but at what point do you think he is going. What if he says nothing at the B&F. What if he just stays "Mum" till all his duties are done as he see no advntage to anyone by saying he is going before that.

Obviously you care given you're reading this thread.

Thanks im looking forward to the next 20 years. I mean to think as bad as we've been this year and givwn our tough draw it looks like we've still got melboune and dogs covered.

No I just wanted you to reply to see whether or not there really is an insect in my screen. Thanks for clearly that up for me.:thumbsu:

OK but at what point do you think he is going. What if he says nothing at the B&F. What if he just stays "Mum" till all his duties are done as he see no advntage to anyone by saying he is going before that.

I dont think hes going.... but if all of that happened then I'd suggest he has been less than honest in his dealings with our club or our club has been less than honest with us.

Either way we will know well before his contracts up. And either way he's had a tough decision to make - family of friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s doing the sensible thing which is wanting to be absolutely sure that the plans being put into place by Port put them in a position to be competitive. That entails not only on-field plans but off- field ones too. It’s a big decision for him and I don’t blame him at all for holding off until all the ducks are in a row at Port before making his call.

Bomber Thompson said during the week that they would be interested in Caddy and Boak but he wouldn’t want to give up too much for either as developing players from within was the way to go. They are my feelings for us really as it has proven to be a very successful formula.

He’s doing the sensible thing which is wanting to be absolutely sure that the plans being put into place by Port put them in a position to be competitive. That entails not only on-field plans but off- field ones too. It’s a big decision for him and I don’t blame him at all for holding off until all the ducks are in a row at Port before making his call.

Bomber Thompson said during the week that they would be interested in Caddy and Boak but he wouldn’t want to give up too much for either as developing players from within was the way to go. They are my feelings for us really as it has proven to be a very successful formula.

Yeh hopefully he doesnt get sucked into ports empty promises of premierships.

Developing players is crucial, but sometimes filling a depleted midfield with a promising gun (otto) is also a good move.

I remember how confident Frank Costa was that Ablett would stay, even a couple of days before it was announced that he was leaving. Frank was on 5AA (Adelaide's equivalent of 3AW) interviewed by Cornes and Rowe, telling them about all of the wonderful benefits that will come his way if he stayed. After Frank laid down the extensive array of perks which he speculated (and perhaps subtly hinted) that Gary would benefit from by being a one club player in the Geelong fishbowl, even I started to believe that there was perhaps still hope that he would stay.

In hindsight, one could be forgiven for thinking that Frank was very niave in thinking that Gary was still a chance to stay. I doubt that very much and in fact believe that he knew full well Gary was going, and instead tried to demonstrate to the Football world that Gary was about to make (in his opinion) a very poor and ill-considered decision.

The forces that were potentially keeping Ablett in Geelong were a lot stronger than Boak staying in Adelaide. Those forces are obvious from the outset - Father/son, brownlow medalist, 2 times premiership player etc compared to Trav who's only got a bunch of young mates in Adelaide and that's all. The only difference between the two will come down to loyalty, and even then if Trav does leave, the loyalties of the two can not be compared, as Travis has A LOT more reason to leave Adelaide and come home than Ablett did to leave home for a franchise club. In fact Trav will actually be paid less to come and play back in Victoria, whether it is with us or anyone else.

The problem I see for Port between now and when Travis does make his decision, is that there's nothing that they can say or do to quell the expectation that he is leaving. The only thing that will stop the speculation is for him to sign. At least for the Cats it came across as credible when they said they were "very confident he (Ablett) will stay", but when Port says the same thing about Tavis, in my opinion it comes across potentially as nothing more than trying to save face. If Travis loved the club as much as they say, which if you are to believe the Port hype it's unconditional, then he would have signed no matter what. He still may sign, but up until then, no amount of "confidence" that the Port board have can be taken seriously.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole Boak thing too.

Every time I read on this thread how someone wants to sell off the farm for Boak, I just about pop my carotid artery.

I think is only dragging on Jazzee because Boak and Geelong/North cant say anything.

I reckon he's gone from Port...contract expires October 1...we will hear a lot more then.

Hit the nail on the head there!
I am of the belief that he is leaving & the inner sanctum of the cats have instructed him to keep quiet until after we finish our finals campaign.

He will announce he is becoming a cat the week after.

i am hearing that it has all done a u turn and he is now coming again
his family always wanted him to come, and were under the impression he was coming
primus assisted him to change his mind - the reason for the cat dash

family believes he will be a better player being in a system and pushed, and not allowed to coast

geelong will not trade hyphen or murdoch,
offer will be 2 picks, and a pick back, port will make noise, but he does not want to come here and go to north, or melb etc

and north will leave itself open for a raid on its own young on-ballers

walker needs to be signed up, clubs are sniffing, and his price will jump up in next few weeks, mumford type situation on the horizon (but we have cap room)
hawks are looking for someone as a key back to release shoenmaker, or a big forward to send ruff back,

we need to be smart and hold firm

club not keen to pay market value for a wce defender, will take him at a discount if he wants to come home, but believe has players for cover in that possie
macintosh might make noises to get out, but the pies will be after a ruck and tall forward, (fev experiment will be interesting- as guess who is paying the fitness bill)

his family always wanted him to come, and were under the impression he was coming

family believes he will be a better player being in a system and pushed, and not allowed to coast

offer will be 2 picks, and a pick back, port will make noise, but he does not want to come here and go to north, or melb etc

walker needs to be signed up, clubs are sniffing, and his price will jump up in next few weeks, mumford type situation on the horizon (but we have cap room)
hawks are looking for someone as a key back to release shoenmaker, or a big forward to send ruff back,

club not keen to pay market value for a wce defender, will take him at a discount if he wants to come home, but believe has players for cover in that possie
macintosh might make noises to get out, but the pies will be after a ruck and tall forward, (fev experiment will be interesting- as guess who is paying the fitness bill)

Every time you write this sort of thing you make Boak sound like a teenager who has no idea what he is doing and needs him Mum to point him in right direction. I cringe every time I read it. He is a professional athlete for christ sake, with a manager, who will be attempting to do what is best for himself, his family and his bank account. I doubt he sits in a room with his manager and says, "I have to go to Geelong, Mumsy says I will play better there"

yep, heard similar whispers. a chance we could lose walker if we are not careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back