News Geelong's position in Essendon investigation and ACC report

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything that helps put a stake through vlads heart can't be all that bad

would that actually kill him? doesnt it need to be made of silver and dipped in holy water to kill the unholy beast?

Carlton did cheat the salary cap. We accepted our punishment. We didnt threaten the AFL with injunctions and court cases to try and avoid our punishment.

We also cleaned house after the scandal broke and sacked the guys responsible for it.

And Carlton have been investigated a number of times over 95. We were clear that year.

Then you appointed Richard Pratt.

I say let clubs such as Essendon and Carlton bicker amongst themselves along with the afl whilst we mind our own business and concentrate on winning premierships.

I am doing this as an Aussie Rules supporter... how can I, being based currently in the UK, promote our game as being a fantastic sport when the commission refuses to take a serious stance on doping.

Players in the EPL, in or out of competition, who get caught sniffing coke or doing PEDs or even just fail to show for a drugs test get banned... immediately for a minimum term of 6 months. If Jobe was playing for Manchester United and admitted on live TV that he had taken banned substances, he would have been called in to the FA and been asked to explain his actions... and would have been promptly banned for 9-12 months.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I am intruding on to important things on your board, but with the latest bit of favouritism from Andrew Demetriou (Fat Vlad to all us mere mortals) towards the Essendon football club, I have had enough of the AFL Commission and their entire handling of the situation.

Earlier this year, I started up a petition for a vote of no confidence in the AFL Commission. I feel that with this latest episode, the wording of the petition is more appropriate towards a vote of no confidence and I hope that you all share the same sort of feeling as I do and that you will go and sign the petition at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/vote-of-no-confidence-in-the-afl-commission.html.

Once again, sorry for intruding on your board but I felt that this really needed to be shared properly this time.

Dramoth (AKA Mark)
Get stuffed mate.

Like you know what it takes to run a multi billion dollar business.

Giving opportunity to plebs like you to reach an audience and create ground swell on any issue is where the internet fails miserably as a tool for the human race.

Get stuffed mate.

Like you know what it takes to run a multi billion dollar business.

Giving opportunity to plebs like you to reach an audience and create ground swell on any issue is where the internet fails miserably as a tool for the human race.

The internet, where I actually work, is a tool for the dissemination of information for the masses. It can also be used as a tool for raising the awareness of the ignorant masses.

And how do you know that I dont know how much it takes to run a multi-billion dollar business... and if you are alluding to the AFL being a multi-billion dollar business, I think that you need to look at it annual figures to realise that you are completely exaggerating the amount of money it makes in a year. A multi-billion dollar business is something like Google, Microsoft or even BHP where it will make profits of billions of dollars in a single year.

The AFL is a commission overseeing the running of a sport. It is not even being run professionally.

So while this is your opinion on what I should do... I would like to point out that we are on a public forum where anyone can have a say. You just said your piece in response to my post about how I feel about the AFL commission. If you dont like what I had to say... and obviously you didnt, you should have just ignored it and carried on instead of carrying on like a 2 bob watch.

And how do you know that I dont know how much it takes to run a multi-billion dollar business... and if you are alluding to the AFL being a multi-billion dollar business, I think that you need to look at it annual figures to realise that you are completely exaggerating the amount of money it makes in a year. A multi-billion dollar business is something like Google, Microsoft or even BHP where it will make profits of billions of dollars in a single year.

Summed up and answered right there.
You have absolutely no idea how to value a business.

Stop trying to piss fart around with my game from a million miles away just because you can.
I didn't even read the petition by the way.

Have you put you're name and contact details on it for us all?

So while this is your opinion on what I should do... I would like to point out that we are on a public forum where anyone can have a say. You just said your piece in response to my post about how I feel about the AFL commission. If you dont like what I had to say... and obviously you didnt, you should have just ignored it and carried on instead of carrying on like a 2 bob watch.
Didn't you just contradict yourself?
If, as you say, we're on a forum where anyone can have a say then why should vinum just ignore it...

I'm also sceptical of this part of the petition:
We also call on the AFL commission to suspend, with full pay if necessary, those persons at Essendon football club who were involved in or participated in the illegal drug scandal immediately while awaiting the outcome of the ASADA and ACC investigations.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Summed up and answered right there.
You have absolutely no idea how to value a business.

Stop trying to piss fart around with my game from a million miles away just because you can.
I didn't even read the petition by the way.

Have you put you're name and contact details on it for us all?

you can email me through the petition...

And as for it being your game... are you Andrew Demetriou? or are you just some other mug supporter like me who loves the game of Aussie Rules?

And I know how to value a business... and good will is a massive asset in the valuation of any business... and Andy D seems to be quite content to destroy any good will that he has amongst the supporters by allowing a club like Essendon to get away with the type of behavior it has the last couple of years.

Like I said, it's your opinion... I am not just appealing to you, but to all Aussie Rules supporters. If you dont want to read the petition, then dont... but dont bitch about it without knowing the basic wording.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can email me through the petition...

And as for it being your game... are you Andrew Demetriou? or are you just some other mug supporter like me who loves the game of Aussie Rules?

And I know how to value a business... and good will is a massive asset in the valuation of any business... and Andy D seems to be quite content to destroy any good will that he has amongst the supporters by allowing a club like Essendon to get away with the type of behavior it has the last couple of years.

Like I said, it's your opinion... I am not just appealing to you, but to all Aussie Rules supporters. If you dont want to read the petition, then dont... but dont bitch about it without knowing the basic wording.

Just as a matter of interest to all football fans, who do you think is interested in buying the AFL?

The Dramoth evaluation of a fish and chip shop.

"So how many employees do you have"
'Four generally, but we need 8 on weekends'
"Awesome, so what does the company make each year?"
'About $10,000'
"Oh, so you're a $10,000 business then?"

Is this the market for your petition?

Nope, I am actually aiming at a knowledgeable segment of the market, that being the average Aussie rules supporter.

If I was aiming for the ignorant masses, there would be a lot more txt sp34k in it and I wouldnt use large words.

If you feel that you fit the former, go and read and sign the petition if you agree with it... if you fit the latter, I can help you with some of the bigger words if you like :)

Just as a matter of interest to all football fans, who do you think is interested in buying the AFL?

Everyone who buys an AFL membership each and every year. Every year, they buy a part of the AFL competition.

If they feel that the AFL isnt acting in the best interests of the game as a whole, they wont buy a membership and they might just feel constrained to buy a membership for their club.

Like the English FA it is just the regulating body of a sport. It isnt the sport and you cant buy the whole sport... in English football, you can buy the clubs, but you can't buy the whole organisation... unless of course you want to buy FIFA... I heard that they would do anything for money.

If Essendon fall over before the finals who's the likely beneficiary?

I hope that they arent banned from the finals... they should get knocked out in the first week and then the AFL should strip their points for next year.

Carlton are not good enough this year to do more than just make up the numbers if we fell into contention.

Carlton did cheat the salary cap. We accepted our punishment. We didnt threaten the AFL with injunctions and court cases to try and avoid our punishment.

We also cleaned house after the scandal broke and sacked the guys responsible for it.

And Carlton have been investigated a number of times over 95. We were clear that year.

I suppose you didn't tank there a few years ago? Maybe you should start directing your energy to straightening up your own patch first. But yeah, always someone else's fault..

That's interesting

ASADA had advised everyone in documented form that each substance must be considered for S1-9 before S0 can be applied.

ASADA considered AOD under S2 which they considered not prohibited, therefore, S0 is not applicable to AOD9604.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Geelong's position in Essendon investigation and ACC report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back