News Geelong's position in Essendon investigation and ACC report

Remove this Banner Ad

Just as a matter of interest to all football fans, who do you think is interested in buying the AFL?

NRL, so they can shut us down and claim to be No.1

Seriously we are so far behind EPL et al, I can't see anyone or any body "buying" the AFL in my lifetime

The Dramoth evaluation of a fish and chip shop.

"So how many employees do you have"
'Four generally, but we need 8 on weekends'
"Awesome, so what does the company make each year?"
'About $10,000'
"Oh, so you're a $10,000 business then?"

How many repeat customers do you get each year?
Do people come into the store on word of mouth from your existing customers?
How good are your suppliers?
Arent they the sorts of questions that get asked in a due dilligence?

Stop trying to put words in my mouth that arent actually there.

How many repeat customers do you get each year?
Do people come into the store on word of mouth from your existing customers?
How good are your suppliers?
Arent they the sorts of questions that get asked in a due dilligence?

Stop trying to put words in my mouth that arent actually there.
lol

Confirmed, you aren't a thousandairre.

Just pi55 off.

lol

Just pi55 off.

Unless you are a confirmed millionaire and can actually prove it, I probably earn more take home in a week than you do in a month. You dont know me... all you are doing is judging me by the fact that I post on this board and I am a Carlton supporter.

Do you mean cherchez la femme?

...c’est l’hôpital qui se moque de la charité...

DameHelenMirren2.jpg

lol

Just pi55 off.
Unless you are a confirmed millionaire and can actually prove it, I probably earn more take home in a week than you do in a month. You dont know me... all you are doing is judging me by the fact that I post on this board and I am a Carlton supporter.

Get your penis's paychecks out boys.
Let's see who the top dog is!

You dont know me... all you are doing is judging me by the fact that I post on this board and I am a Carlton supporter.

Sounds fair to me :D

HANG THIS MAN!!!!

That's interesting

ASADA had advised everyone in documented form that each substance must be considered for S1-9 before S0 can be applied.

ASADA considered AOD under S2 which they considered not prohibited, therefore, S0 is not applicable to AOD9604.
And the AFL know this..... maybe means that AOD isn't what the issue is....
Also just to further confuse.. Richard Ings tweeted after that it doesn't matter in the end what ASADA say... WADA is what matters (or words to that effect)

WADA of course have said that AOD is banned... AND when the AFL announced the charges AOD9604 was clearly named as a WADA prohibited substance....

The plot thickens....

Exactly what one would expect from a Carltank supporter....pulling their own dick by blabbering about how much money they have.....

What a sickening mob they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding investigation by the AFL. I have often been critical of them in the past but they have handled this process very well. That was quite a thrilling read, if you are a nerd like me, and like these type of reports.

Essendon have really lost the plot. The charges are bad enough, but their response has been worse. I find it bizarre that common sense has been thrown out the window by some pretty smart and successful people on their board.

On the brightside, Matthew Egan might be senior coach this week, because I can’t see how Hird and Thompson (unfortunately in his case) can seriously front up after all that is out there.

I cant see me reading it.
Over 30 pages isn't it?

Whats the gist of what Hird and Bomber did or are being charged for?

I cant see me reading it.
Over 30 pages isn't it?

Whats the gist of what Hird and Bomber did or are being charged for?

Hird's finished in the AFL...

"Some other startling facts from today's release of charges against Essendon:
- James Hird allegedly suffered side effects from being administered Melanotan II, but he "did not recognise or respond to the indication that the supplements program potentially posed a risk to the players' health, welfare and safety."

- There would have been 26,000 injections administered to Essendon players if the regime had continued

- The reports states that it is "reasonably likely" that some Bombers were administered with Thymosin Beta-4, which is prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code.

- The charges uncover the 'missing letter' from club doctor Bruce Reid, which mocks the supposed benefits of some of the supplements being used, and expressing his frustration at their use instead of the club "keeping a drug-free culture"

- there are details of the 'Mexican' drug allegedly administered to Essendon players, sourced from a patient suffering a form of muscular dystrophy, and a list of 16 substances (one redacted) that were allegedly used by the club in an extensive regime.

"On August 5 2011, James Hird sat across the table from an AFL integrity officer and an ASADA representative and was told to stay away from peptides.
"The AFL's detailed charge sheet against Essendon, released on Wednesday afternoon and based on a joint AFL-ASADA probe, explicitly details how Hird chose to ignore all warnings and put himself, his players and his club at the centre of one of the biggest scandals in Australian sport."

Hird's finished in the AFL...

Just listened to his press conference. He is ****ed. Like proper ****ed and he knows it. Burying the lead big time talking about "AOD/9604" and "natural justice" these are not really relevant at all to the case the AFL is pressing. He may as well be talking about "Ice-cream" and "kittens"

Also not sure how you square wanting natural justice and due process with complaining the accusations are out in the open.

Exactly, Essendon have been baiting the AFL the whole way too.

P.S. Page 30 makes for some interesting reading...

1. On 15 January 2012, Charter contacted Alavi via SMS stating:
    Hi Mate. Thymosin – 20 x 5 ml vial Steve request. Do you know when it will be ready.
  2. In reply Mr Alavi stated:
    Should be ready today sometime.
  3. On 16 January 2012, Alavi advised Charter via SMS that he had:
    a few problems with the Thymosin formulation. Not dissolving very well, also I am sending you a trial which may be of interest.
  4. Mr Charter then replied to Alavi that he had:
    contacted the manufacturer to get some ideas. Try the CJC that is the next one [Dank] needs.
  5. The Club was originally billed by Alavi for 7 vials of Hexarelin (in addition to those supplied on 10 January 2012) and 26 vials of “peptide Thymosin” (at a combined cost of $9860) which are listed on the invoice as having been delivered on 18 January 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Geelong's position in Essendon investigation and ACC report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back