No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free kicks IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GROUND spread the field I think you meant to say, because free kicks along the boundary line -where the ball spends the majority of its time when it isn't locked inside a forward pocket- simply moves the defense and the congestion further back towards goal.

Like I said, the AFL & TV Networks have people with far sharper football brains than ours studying this problem. I'm pretty sure if it was solvable merely by awarding more free kicks they would've done that a long time ago.

Personally I would rather NOT give the umpires we had against the Bulldogs license to award more free kicks, but you may feel differently.
Your argument is failing as evidenced by the fact you are now choosing to qualify it to specific areas of the ground.

Kicks travel further on average than handballs.

That is what you need to convince me is incorrect.

Best of luck.

Hey gang, I'm sorry, I don't want to keep going on about this kind of thing, but....isn't Umpire 23 continually making bad calls in all his games?
I think he needs a break, lol.

Your argument is failing as evidenced by the fact you are now choosing to qualify it to specific areas of the ground.

Kicks travel further on average than handballs.
handballs into space generate more scoring opportunities than kicks down the line into packs.

Specifics are kind of important mate.

It’s nice that other clubs are copping this crap umpiring after hearing the free kick Hawthorn bullshit and posts like “hawk posters whinging about umps, the ****ing irony”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, Hipwood for Brisbane has kicked 5 goals by half time.. pretty impressive display
Getting kissed on the dick by the umps. But that's a common occurance.

At least Brisbane's next month of opponents won't have to plan for him. Your quintessential once-a-month player.

It’s nice that other clubs are copping this crap umpiring after hearing the free kick Hawthorn bullshit and posts like “hawk posters whinging about umps, the ******* irony”
The Coll/WCE has been much better than last night's. People don't know what is to be reamed by umpires until they cop 3 goals in 4 kicks like we did last week.

0 weeks because he’s a superstar who plays for a high drawing club who are struggling.

With everything that have happened for the last 3 weeks it wont be surprised me at all. In fact they might fines De Boer for tagging Dusty ;) .

That "sliding" free + 50 was ridiculous.

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk
So the Collingwood player is on the ground, sees the ball at arms reach but, according to the AFL rules, he shouldn’t take possession of it in case a player comes in from the blind side and sits on his back. WHAT THE HELL IS SUPPOSED TO DO ? Farcical doesn’t begin to describe it.
Christ this game is a mess right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back