No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, he ****** up but 10 games is even a bigger suspension than what Gaff got. The actual suspension was 22 games, with 12 suspended. That is huge.
gil slaps a player with one hand whilst signing another multi-million dollar gambling sponsorship with the other.............

Stephenson placed three same game multi-bets in three separate matches this season in which he played. The bet stakes totalled $36.
The matches in question were against the Western Bulldogs in round four, Essendon in round six and St Kilda in round nine.

The multi-bets included legs on:

• Collingwood to win,
  • Collingwood winning margin,
  • Stephenson to kick a goal,
  • Stephenson to kick three or more goals,
  • Collingwood teammates to kick a goal,
  • Collingwood teammates to kick two or more goals, and
  • Collingwood teammates to have in excess of a number of disposals.

The team mates bets could be construed as attempts to "match fix". Bloody lucky not to have a year holiday.

Has he got a gambling addiction?

Nicely timed to play finals.

Seriously though, what an idiot.

10 week suspension falls in line with the Filth having 10 H&A matches left in the season.

He will be available Rnd 1 of the finals.

How convenient!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on Twitter ...

Collingwood's new Sponsor :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

D9ZQbL2U0AcRYl-.jpg

Looks like Eddie got his way. MS3 said the AFL wanted to ban Stephenson for the season, but Eddie was trying to work the ban until end of home and away. 10weeks brings it up to the first week of finals I’m pretty sure. If correct, why are the AFL be even talking to him?

Self-reported on May 19 but a suspension only now. Interesting to hear what caused the investigation to go so long.
14 weeks out would be no good for a finals tilt, 10 is doable ... while still sending a very strong message, of course.

Really stupid thing he did, he self reported though. For those lamenting the softness of his punishment, I read he's still received the biggest suspension in AFL history for a single player betting on games. Baby steps for the AFL. I would've thought their betting partners would be furious and putting pressure on to make the punishment worse, bookies hate manipulation of their odds etc.

Only $36 worth of bets. I would be happier if his and Stratton's suspensions were reversed
Three separate offences.

Would only be a week if he played for the Cats ...

Only $36 worth of bets. I would be happier if his and Stratton's suspensions were reversed
This is a clever remark. The governing body loves to be seen to be socially aware even when it isn't. It continues to bottle it when it comes to the hard calls on players, particularly favourites/superstars............looking at you Ablett, you nasty little turd.

On other news... Community Cup this weekend. And other dates in other states. Get along for some fun “footy”, music and raising money for Reclink

Reclink Community Cup National Dates 2019
Melbourne: Sunday 23 June @ Victoria Park, Abbotsford
Brisbane: Sunday 28 July @ Hickey Park, Wilston Grange
Adelaide: Sunday 4 August @ Coopers Stadium, Norwood
Sydney: Sunday 11 August @ Henson Park, Marrickville
Hobart: Sunday 18 August @ Queenborough Oval, Sandy Bay
Canberra: Sunday 8 September @ Jamison Oval, Belconnen
Fremantle: Saturday 5 October @ Fremantle Oval, Fremantle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad