No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think i have heard media personalities reference the Demons being annoyed about missing out on Mac Andrew due to the AFL changing the rule after JUH went at 1, about 10 times since the AFL changed the rules back, but I haven’t heard anyone mention that North just last year missed out on Sanders.

Give it a rest.

I think i have heard media personalities reference the Demons being annoyed about missing out on Mac Andrew due to the AFL changing the rule after JUH went at 1, about 10 times since the AFL changed the rules back, but I haven’t heard anyone mention that North just last year missed out on Sanders.

Give it a rest.
North complaining about missing out on anything would be laughable considering all the help they've been given.

I’m actually with Fly on that one. Pretty clear 50m penalty.

But also, **** Collingwood haha
It’s the whinging which is the problem. Coming from the coach of a team that just got gifted a prelim win, and another game this year by a more blatant 50 not being paid to North.
They’ve been looked after by the umps so many times over the last 2 years, 1 bad decision and he’s going on about it.

It’s the whinging which is the problem. Coming from the coach of a team that just got gifted a prelim win, and another game this year by a more blatant 50 not being paid to North.
They’ve been looked after by the umps so many times over the last 2 years, 1 bad decision and he’s going on about it.
So what? He’s the coach of that club. He’s made it public but I guarantee every other coach in the league would’ve disagreed with that call had it been their team on the recieving end.

I appreciate coaches being honest in their thoughts. You may think it’s whinging but it beats the cliche answers that always come.

So what? He’s the coach of that club. He’s made it public but I guarantee every other coach in the league would’ve disagreed with that call had it been their team on the recieving end.

I appreciate coaches being honest in their thoughts. You may think it’s whinging but it beats the cliche answers that always come.
I don't appreciate coaches taking the opportunity to effectively belittle umpires as he did.

I don't appreciate coaches taking the opportunity to effectively belittle umpires as he did.
I get it.

But umpires shouldn’t be protected from criticism. Especially in a situation that’s cost a team the game.

He could’ve had the conversation in a more professional way but footy is an emotional game. The coaches ride this game like the rest of us.

A warning is the right move from the AFL.

I get it.

But umpires shouldn’t be protected from criticism. Especially in a situation that’s cost a team the game.

He could’ve had the conversation in a more professional way but footy is an emotional game. The coaches ride this game like the rest of us.

A warning is the right move from the AFL.
He also criticised the “deliberates” as a “circus”, it wasn’t only the non 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t stick a mic in front of a player or coaches face straight after a win/loss, then piss and moan if they say something you don’t like.

If you want real answers, with real emotion, then people need freedom to express themselves

He also criticised the “deliberates” as a “circus”, it wasn’t only the non 50
Well to be fair, I think that's more a crack at their 'rule of the week'. Must be frustrating as a coach to turn up on a Friday night and have the umpires crack down on a random rule for that week, with no prior knowledge.

For the two late in the 4th - I believe Cox's was deliberate, Moore's less so. Think there's enough doubt in them they probably shouldn't have been given (especially two in a row that led to the winning goal) but that's the home ground advantage teams are naturally given.

For the two late in the 4th - I believe Cox's was deliberate, Moore's less so. Think there's enough doubt in them they probably shouldn't have been given (especially two in a row that led to the winning goal) but that's the home ground advantage teams are naturally given.
On the scale of deliberate (the old rule) to the 'insufficient intent to keep the ball in' those 2 were closer to deliberate.

On the scale of deliberate (the old rule) to the 'insufficient intent to keep the ball in' those 2 were closer to deliberate.
Yeah I think that argument can be made. It's one of those where it's open to interpretation. I'd feel aggrieved if it happened to us but I get it.

The missed 50m isn't really open to interpretation though and they missed that really badly. He was right to call it out, saying it would've been paid on the MCG was pretty stupid thing to say though.

The missed 50m isn't really open to interpretation though and they missed that really badly. He was right to call it out, saying it would've been paid on the MCG was pretty stupid thing to say though.
When they won the game against North due to a much more blatant 50 not being paid I think he would have been much better just shutting up about the umpiring.

It's not like he mentioned the blatant high tackle not paid to the Giants (amongst other shocking decisions) in the prelim.

Hearing the AFL is pissed that not 1 of the big four are in the 8…

Happy to have the swans and Giants but the rest don’t rate!

Some plans for finals week have already been canned and packages that were being held over are available because there are no takers!

Saving grace is that the Broncos missing the finals but the bigger Sydney teams are right in it…

Disaster!

Wondering if Freo are going to get as much scrutiny for choking their season as much as we did? They were equal second on the ladder 3 weeks ago, now half a game out of the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back