No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ron was delighted to support the club to name a medal in his honour, to the captain of each winning VFL/AFL grand final team.

I think he would have got the medal anyway, the judges love selecting favourites and the big name, on the winning captain getting the medal, its a medal for nothing in my view, they get the medallion for winning the GF already, injured in the first minute, still get the medal, get no touches, still get the medal.

I would have thought naming the cup would have been more fitting.
From memory Ron Barassi went on record saying that he didn't want the cup named after him, I remember one of the footy shows playing audio of it.

Oh hello!

WEST Coast defender Tom Barrass has confirmed his intention to be traded to Hawthorn.

The 28-year-old has been the subject of trade speculation throughout the year and confirmed his desire to move to the Hawks at his exit meeting on Tuesday.

:think:

Career suicide, unless Ch 7 replace 80% of their football commentary staff and completely change their culture.

Korn will stand out like a sore thumb amongst that lot. Korn will be forced to take off all the harsh edges like 'normal' spongebob.

GBCcl97XwAAJcaR

Dear Kate
Love Christian

PR disaster. Kate hasn't spoken to Christian or his family. FMD. A lot of corporate weasel words. yuk.(just my take) Don't walk away Christian. RUN.

Dear Kate
Love Christian

PR disaster. Kate hasn't spoken to Christian or his family. FMD. A lot of corporate weasel words. yuk.(just my take) Don't walk away Christian. RUN.

She's all over the place haha. Also, referring to him as "Trac" is wild to me. You're the club president, at least try and sound professional.

"We've spoken about some issues, some of them are good issues"

"No I don't (have a clear grasp about where he thinks the club have failed him)"

Nightmare interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve just read a transcript of the interview. It might be me but I hear rambling responses in an angry voice. Sometimes when you’ve got nothing to say because you’ve not involved yourself in the process then the answer is simple. Say nothing.
mr narrins GIF

images

Sounds like a very honest and genuine woman.Pride myself on recognising BS.

Likely she has allowed the relevant personnel to address the issue until now. She is President, not CEO and should only be involved in operational issues in extreme circumstances. Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Almost hope it comes to a head and the individuals “responsible” for the malcontentment are sorted.

Not hanging out for Trac at Blues. Short of losing an integral player, we cannot afford him. To accede to pay him according to his Demons’ contract would blow up what has been built at our club.

Surely is not happening unless contract is torn up and re negotiated. Anyone here think CP would accept a pay packet ~$1m as opposed to what he is owed to allow him to better build his off field “brand”?

Battle and Barrass will solidify them very well. Frees up Sicily a bit more and strengthens their weakest part of the team I feel. Will be interesting to see how they go not only next Friday but also next season with these two
Don’t know about Battle still. Always thought he benefited as a third tall in a defense first side that would load the backline. Barrass is a good get if he’s over his back issues

Sounds like a very honest and genuine woman.Pride myself on recognising BS.

Likely she has allowed the relevant personnel to address the issue until now. She is President, not CEO and should only be involved in operational issues in extreme circumstances. Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Almost hope it comes to a head and the individuals “responsible” for the malcontentment are sorted.

Not hanging out for Trac at Blues. Short of losing an integral player, we cannot afford him. To accede to pay him according to his Demons’ contract would blow up what has been built at our club.

Surely is not happening unless contract is torn up and re negotiated. Anyone here think CP would accept a pay packet ~$1m as opposed to what he is owed to allow him to better build his off field “brand”?
100%. There isn't a supporter anywhere that doesn't want to see Trac in their club's colours in an ideal senario.
But not at any cost. Blowing up our salary cap and culture in one foul swoop is not what we need right now.

If he took a massive pay cut, and we could still address or defense issues, I'm all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back