No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee kingy & Robbo nearly came to blows on afl360. Robbo reckons that Kingy has a vendetta against Chris Fagan and called him out on it. Kingy reckons that Robbo put words in his mouth and mis-represented him to Fagan.

Kingy stands by his commentary about Kingsley coaching better than Fagan last week. Seemed to be genuine animosity.

Gee kingy & Robbo nearly came to blows on afl360. Robbo reckons that Kingy has a vendetta against Chris Fagan and called him out on it. Kingy reckons that Robbo put words in his mouth and mis-represented him to Fagan.

Kingy stands by his commentary about Kingsley coaching better than Fagan last week. Seemed to be genuine animosity.

I hope they both lose.

It’s an awful awful show. Montagna is the only one worth listening to.

It’s an awful awful show. Montagna is the only one worth listening to.
The same Montagna that said the Hawthorn rebuild would be 10 years long and there was no chance Sam Mitchell would be there next time they played a final?

Real Nostradamus is Leigh.

Kingy seemed overhyped last nite. The whole segment...not just that exchange.

Kingy seemed overhyped last nite. The whole segment...not just that exchange.
I reckon Kingy is more reactive and his opinions are pretty much 100% based on champion data stats. The further the Lions go the worse he looks with his "they can do better by getting rid of Fagan" diatribe.

When he's right it's with with pretty obvious stats based things. When he actually expresses an opinion he's got anaverage track record.

Fair bit of tail wagging the dog at Melbourne right now. Watch this space.
They'll bend over backwards trying to appease him now which will put everyone else's nose out of joint.

If he's not traded, I wouldn't be backing Melbourne to finish top 8, that's for sure.

I suppose you call everything correct in life hey.
There's getting things wrong...and then there's getting things diabolically wrong.

He's the one that made the big claim, he deserves to eat the humble pie that follows.

I reckon Kingy is more reactive and his opinions are pretty much 100% based on champion data stats. The further the Lions go the worse he looks with his "they can do better by getting rid of Fagan" diatribe.

When he's right it's with with pretty obvious stats based things. When he actually expresses an opinion he's got anaverage track record.
Was he not drawing attention to the Lions letting Hogan get a hold of them by not playing Andrew’s on him?

We all focus on wins and losses and if the Giants had of prevailed the narrative on Fagan would be totally different.

I actually think Brisbane will win the GF but if they fail to make it and win, I’ll still feel Fagan is what’s holding them back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that he explains stuff I wouldn't get without seeing it in action. Joey does that well too. If you are already good with that, I get that they wouldn't do much for you.

But...it doesn't always work.
Dogs are a great case in point. But then, when your calculations don't play out, maybe you feel you need to defend them!😄
Which I think Kingy might be a bit caught up in?
Might be way off here...but he was in a mood on 360 and I wonder if First Crack misssing out on a footy media award stung? Especially when Cornes got best analyst
( 🤣)
He doesn't really back down from his stance.
For a non footy tech head, it seems that a mix of some stats, along with the eye, and intuition make for the best insight.

It's definitely way too stats driven atm and can fail to give the correct picture.

Was he not drawing attention to the Lions letting Hogan get a hold of them by not playing Andrew’s on him?

We all focus on wins and losses and if the Giants had of prevailed the narrative on Fagan would be totally different.

I actually think Brisbane will win the GF but if they fail to make it and win, I’ll still feel Fagan is what’s holding them back.
No. He said mid season that the lions would be better off replacing Fagan and has doubled down most of the rest of the year. I think Robbo must have been interviewing Fages and asked for his response. Kingy accused Robbo of putting words in his mouth. Etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back