No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter's career is quietly done.

Now it's official.

A shame he couldn't get the one additional game.

Might have to start watching AFL360 :tearsofjoy:

Bye Robbo 👋🏻

GYsbIodawAA52Ef

Jason Dunstall, providing he wants to do it, should be offered the first choice to do it…
Best candidate by a mile…
Interesting. He has a commanding presence and not sure it goes well with Gerard's. And I imagine Gerard has to be the main concern..if he's staying.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. He has a commanding presence and not sure it goes well with Gerard's. And I imagine Gerard has to be the main concern..if he's staying.
They’ve worked really well together when Robbo was off on that extended health leave, the way he sees the game is simplistic but possesses all the tactical layers of breaking down a game to whatever the situation, players impact and game trends…

He also has the same ability about the game in general across the board, with all different aspects that cover the Clubs AFL Tribunal Rules etc etc…

I’m not sure there are many that has his all round football expertise and experience also successful impact on and off the field, across almost 40 years…

They’ve worked really well together when Robbo was off on that extended health leave, the way he sees the game is simplistic but possesses all the tactical layers of breaking down a game to whatever the situation, players impact and game trends…

He also has the same ability about the game in general across the board, with all different aspects that cover the Clubs AFL Tribunal Rules etc etc…

I’m not sure there are many that has his all round football expertise and experience also successful impact on and off the field, across almost 40 years…
I remember, but I thought he pulled focus from Gerard because he has that commanding presence.
I can't see it if Gerard stays but agree he's really good. A natural host.

I remember, but I thought he pulled focus from Gerard because he has that commanding presence.
Alway thought if Whateley had a better cohost other than Robbo, that the show would have been a much better show overall, Robbo as much as you could see his passion for the game, he was incredibly ordinary in his position as a cohost…

Let’s hope whoever they get to replace him, the person can make watching the show a lot more enjoyable and tolerable…

Gerard announced today that he has knocked back 7 and will stay on Fox and SEN. Will also be calling for Fox next year when you can listen to their calls on the main Thursday/Friday and big games instead of having to listen to B.T. etc

Gerard announced today that he has knocked back 7 and will stay on Fox and SEN. Will also be calling for Fox next year when you can listen to their calls on the main Thursday/Friday and big games instead of having to listen to B.T. etc
Very good news.
4k still trumps.

I can’t wait until the digital/audio rights catch up with the rest of the world.

With the rise of “watch alongs” & fan based media I don’t think it will be too long until we get to listen to whatever call we like.

I’m a big fan of the “blue call” for the finals & even “press red for Ed (always liked Ed’s calls for our games- he had a proper dislike but enormous respect for us, knows more about our history then most fans).

I think we will end up with the option of picking the commentary we want to hear, I’d happily pay a reasonable subscription for it.

Actual professional commentary would be game changing, how good would it be to have an ex player (with a bit of personality) who is/has been a line coach providing you insight watching from behind the goals.
No bull shit about a players dogs name or hyped up/sensational garbage, but real tactical analysis on how the game is unfolding & actually increasing people technical knowledge of the game.
You get such a limited understanding of what’s happening with the shitty camera angles.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back