No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Post AFL he will never replicate the demands of preseason and game day fitness.
Unless he has no life he won't be in a gym 6hrs a day.

Well they're not in the gym 6 hours a day while playing either. I have seen plenty of ex-players out and about who don't look that far off their playing physique.

Post AFL he will never replicate the demands of preseason and game day fitness.
Unless he has no life he won't be in a gym 6hrs a day.
A few points, no AFL player trains for 6 hours a day - but even if his activity does reduce, hunger tends to reduce with it.

Typically the footballers who blow up after retirement are the ones that look as though they're barely holding it together while playing. Guys like McGovern, or Buddy, will struggle not to blow up - Fyfe on the other hand has had a ridiculously low body fat forever, so I doubt it's going to change.

53290989-10434059-image-a-2_1642998609957.jpg

More and more this seems like Clarko is bringing in these coaches and players in order to return to the well on his old game style, and I just don't see that paying dividends in modern football with modern players.

We need him to improve them enough to not get a priority pick.
The best thing for North is to be so bad the AFL has to give them pick 1 as a priority next year.
Pick 1 and 2 in the 2023 draft would set them up well.

A few points, no AFL player trains for 6 hours a day - but even if his activity does reduce, hunger tends to reduce with it.

Typically the footballers who blow up after retirement are the ones that look as though they're barely holding it together while playing. Guys like McGovern, or Buddy, will struggle not to blow up - Fyfe on the other hand has had a ridiculously low body fat forever, so I doubt it's going to change.
Where did I say AFL players are training 6hrs a day?
How to miss the point 101.

More and more this seems like Clarko is bringing in these coaches and players in order to return to the well on his old game style, and I just don't see that paying dividends in modern football with modern players.

Free coconut water for the players though I'm sure!

I don't think they'd be really considering historical numbers. I think it's as simple as neither Hawthorn or GWS are expected to be contenders next year and so there's unlikely to be much interest from neutrals.
Why did it have to be our home game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I CAN SEE THE STITCHES WHERE THEY PUT THE ROBOTIC ARM IN!!!
Those are slow release stitches, disguised to look as though they've sewn robotic arms, but they are laced with slow release "vitamins"

Wonder who else will join Clarko at North?

Got monkhorst as chief lolly eater. Watched Howe on social media saying it was like the first day of school….. is he gonna cop as much flak from North supporters as he did when he played for us.

Will Shiels’ cousin now pop up on North social media? He was good to watch on HFC videos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need him to improve them enough to not get a priority pick.
The best thing for North is to be so bad the AFL has to give them pick 1 as a priority next year.
Pick 1 and 2 in the 2023 draft would set them up well.
The AFL would never give them Pick 2 compensation at most it will be end of first round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back