No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan Morris 9 touches 2 goals gains a rising star nom. Dear has had a more impressive season to date so Morris getting a nomination before him is disappointing. Very similar stats with Dear playing more as a legitimate key forward against some quality key defenders. Dear far superior with the defensive side of his game e.g tackles and one percenters and definitely more superior in the air, in particular contested marking.

Logan Morris 9 touches 2 goals gains a rising star nom. Dear has had a more impressive season to date so Morris getting a nomination before him is disappointing. Very similar stats with Dear playing more as a legitimate key forward against some quality key defenders. Dear far superior with the defensive side of his game e.g tackles and one percenters and definitely more superior in the air, in particular contested marking.
He'll get one against the Cats. Wiz this week.

Anyone hear Petracca on 360 tonight. Seems such a level headed guy, found it intriguing that he didn’t once say anything on the support of MFC do certainly believe there’s fuel to the fire that he is unhappy with the club and may move on. Hope so too cause if he’s available I’d rather him than Smith
He's going nowhere.

To be honest they’ve both been very good, they’re hard to split but the fact Morris has kicked multiple goals almost every game since his debut is probably what gets him there. Also helps when there’s 3 less games for the weekend

Was always going to be hard for Calsher to get a nomination this week

Anyone hear Petracca on 360 tonight. Seems such a level headed guy, found it intriguing that he didn’t once say anything on the support of MFC do certainly believe there’s fuel to the fire that he is unhappy with the club and may move on. Hope so too cause if he’s available I’d rather him than Smith

My own take is that the only person moving on from Melbourne will likely be Goodwin. Players like Petracca and Oliver won't be going anywhere. The issue for the club is finding the right coach given where the team is at.

Hard to feel sorry for any AFL player more than I feel for Max Gawn right about now tbh. Made a decision to become the most professional bloke in the league, became arguably the greatest ruck of all time, only to finish his career with half his teammates and his coach doing all the same shit (and worse) that he cut out.
Only silver lining is he does have a flag as Captain even if they really should have had more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My own take is that the only person moving on from Melbourne will likely be Goodwin. Players like Petracca and Oliver won't be going anywhere. The issue for the club is finding the right coach given where the team is at.
Just about anyone would be better than goodwin right now. But an experienced coach who can bring the group together and help heal the club would be ideal. Ross lyon would probably be a good choice if he wasnt already at saints.

Just about anyone would be better than goodwin right now. But an experienced coach who can bring the group together and help heal the club would be ideal. Ross lyon would probably be a good choice if he wasnt already at saints.
I’m not sure Ross Lyon is ever a good choice.

Would be a great choice for Melbourne, already have the no scoring bit right, just adjust the defence.

I’m not sure Ross Lyon is ever a good choice.
Aints right now...

Milk was a bad choice. | Ross; ...WAS A BAD CHOICE | image tagged in milk was a bad choice | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Ross Lyon ??

He should never be allowed to coach football again including & not limited to Auskick

That doesnt leave a lot of room for my dream of trac in the brown and gold. Couldn't you re-word it so there is a chance? 🤪
He's almost certainly going nowhere, and if he does, it is highly unlikely to be Hawthorn.

1719369641356.png

I'm not sure I see what you're seeing. He's not having his best season but he's still been very good and looms as an incredibly important player for Gold Coast given their midfield is promising but very young. Nowhere near being dropped.

I think he'll see the most success as a player like Cotchin, when he's not the number 1 guy in the team.

I guess I'm seeing a guy who is skipper do some things that surely must go against the team ethos.

Poor decisions, poor skills and TBH he's keeping blokes like Humphrey Flanders Read etc from a really good spell in the guts to show what they can do.

I know that should be Hardwicks call, but the lack of rotation through there is staggering.

He still works hard - but with his terrible disposal (and it really is bad) and insistence to demand the cheap possession when others are better placed,makes me wonder if it might be better for TM to be moved on for the sake of the club as a whole.

Their supporter base has turned against him for sure.

Miller is what - 29? so someone will snap him up for sure.

There are advantages:

Increased midfield exposure for the young players

Trade bait for a player GCS want to fill a 'need'

TM tastes success elsewhere.

I dunno - sometimes a club makes a decision that shows they have turned the corner, gotten serious about winning - maybe this would be such a decision.

One thing's for sure - if GCS don't make finals, they will struggle to keep all their better players - and the merry-go-round up there continues.

It could be a massive win/win for all concerned.

But then I read on their forum that they are still after Dustin Martin and know that they will still be a perennial failure for the next 5 years!

Their supporter base has turned against him for sure.

They'd need a supporter base for this to be true.

In terms of his disposal numbers - his effective disposal stats are pretty much unchanged this year (70% vs career average of 68%). I know stats don't always tell the whole story but his current averages this season versus his career averages don't indicate his form going off the cliff like you suggest.

I hate Danger but fair enough that tackle gets thrown out, if a Hawks player laid a similar tackle I'd want the same outcome.
Couldn't agree more.

I thought Danger did all he could under the circumstances to exhibit the requisite duty of care - and I say that as someone who, having arrived in Australia in 1990, dislikes the Cats more than the Bombers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back