No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two observations:

1. Geelong appears to have played their Grand Final against us.

2. North is showing a familiar pattern. For two years now, they are playing well in the season’s garbage time after playing so poorly when it mattered. I was tired of that pattern at Hawthorn.
I think Geelong came into that game with a good plan to combat our strengths on their unique shaped ground and they executed it well from the first bounce and it unsettled us. Other factors were the short break and travel from WA for us, and Jeremy Cameron putting in a dominant performance for them. I'd be confident against them at the MCG in a final this year if that eventuated.

As for North, they've looked relatively good since their bye. Couple close wins, a lot of close losses also. I hope our season doesn't come down to having to win by a large margin against them in round 24 because I think they'll be up for a fight and with the game being at UTAS it could end up being a scrap.

It’s like they have a green light to dispose of it however and whenever they like. Staggering how much they get away with it although with the new HTB, the AFL have once again taken something that was broken and broken it even more.

It’s not so much about Geelong losing, to make it easier for us to make finals, it’s more the fact that Geelong loses. Their supporters are on Carlton/Ricmond/Essendon levels. So them losing, will shut them up for a couple of days, can’t wait for the cliff to come, and they go back to obscurity for a couple of decades.

Norths zone is horribly weak. They're banking on winning clearance and cheating ahead of stoppage but they're completely at sea when the cats win it back.

It’s like they have a green light to dispose of it however and whenever they like. Staggering how much they get away with it although with the new HTB, the AFL have once again taken something that was broken and broken it even more.

That is what happens when Whiskers puts on his Laura Kane wig, and Chris starts sooking on 360. Mission Accomplished.

Has the new stricter interpretation of holding the ball gone out the window again? Cats have been caught dead half a dozen times this game and not been called.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In the game against us, we caught them a few times holding the ball, which were ignored. They are 1 of the few teams, that constantly get looked after. With Stephen McBurney as head of umpiring, it shouldn’t be a surprise. When he umpired, he definitely had navy hoops on his undies.

Has the new stricter interpretation of holding the ball gone out the window again? Cats have been caught dead half a dozen times this game and not been called.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finey mentioned this last night - was annoyed that it had reverted back when in his opinion, it had changed the game for the better

Finey mentioned this last night - was annoyed that it had reverted back when in his opinion, it had changed the game for the better
I mentioned it a few weeks back, Chris Scott had a sook a month ago and doesn’t want black and white decisions. He coaches his team to be better in the greyness and how to get away with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned it a few weeks back, Chris Scott had a sook a month ago and doesn’t want black and white decisions. He coaches his team to be better in the greyness and how to get away with it
They play the odds. They’ll drop, throw and incorrectly dispose of the ball 20 times and maybe get pinged once. Risk low, reward high. It’s not on the Cats, it’s on the AFL to do something about it which they don’t.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. I'd rather 40 goals from a forward who does other things well over 70 from Larkey. I don't reckon there's another forward who has less impact outside of the goals they kick. He's a below average mark, he doesn't cover much ground, he doesn't set up other scores, he doesn't do much at ground level. He's just targeted a lot and either gets a free kick or gets them out the back.

Kudos to him for being able to kick goals, taking nothing away from him there as that's clearly not easy, but North will be better when they find other targets and he's kicking less of their score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back