No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't count on Curnow been fit with that dodgy ankle next week. Some juice to get him back out there but once it cools down, it will be bloat fish 🐟 type of swelling. İn fact, it's better that he plays ... probably. Suck shit carlolton , and again, it's lions and doggies that are in the box seat for mine.

Wouldn't count on Curnow been fit with that dodgy ankle next week. Some juice to get him back out there but once it cools down, it will be bloat fish 🐟 type of swelling. İn fact, it's better that he plays ... probably. Suck shit carlolton , and again, it's lions and doggies that are in the box seat for mine.
Yep. They've lost Curnow, Cottrell and Cerra from last night.

If we make it to finals, I reckon every team but Geelong will be nervous to meet us.
If they rock up with the same mindset they will just roll over us again than they should fear us too. We should know what to expect playing them now. Next time we smash into them all game see how they can handle it.

Was out for dinner last night but I might have to watch the replay of the 'Swannies' getting pantsed as a curtain raiser to our game. Would give me a lot of joy if those pricks turned into the Philadelphia Eagles and went out in straight sets.

Yep. They've lost Curnow, Cottrell and Cerra from last night.
Given it’s such an even season injuries going to be a big swing factor.

We’re at full strength (ex views on Lewis) and have been for weeks on end and have been flying.

GWS missing Kelly, coniglio, Cummings and Riccardi today (and rumour Briggs might not get up). And from above Carlton might be missing curnow, Cottrell, cerra from last night plus TDK, Williams, Doherty etc.

Take a similar 4-5 from our side and we may not make finals. But if we stay at full strength a deep run isn’t out of question.

Got flogged by Carlton & Footscray recently.

Soft run into the finals not sure how good they actually are.
Geelong’s last 7 weeks are;

Blues - got flogged
Bombers
Hawks
Pies
Dogs - got flogged
Norf
Crows

On top of that they hate playing Freo, don’t like like playing Port and they are pretenders. It is not Geelong.

It is Brisbane.

Dogs in best form to challenge followed by Freo. Port unreliable, GWS won’t make it, Carlton and Swans crashing and burning - they cannot win three games in a row.

Brisbane are going to sail through. They will finish top 2, win two home finals and avenge last year.

Brisbane are the best list, they are the healthiest list and they are in form.

Hawthorn to annoy everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowser what the hell happened last night?

Swans getting SMASHED. Embarrassed.

I had a feeling Collingwood would line up well against Carlton - but not actually beat them. That was a surprise.

What a weekend of footy.

Hoping today that Freo absolutely smash Essendon to the point that Scott's position comes into question, and will be interesting to see if Saints good form carries into the Brisbane game.

86,879 was the crowd for Pendlebury's 400th game and lets not forget that this was a Collingwood vs Carlton match. A bit disappointing to not even get to 90,000 at least...

Well done to the many Hawks fans who turned up for the Richmond vs Hawthorn match a few weeks ago at the MCG.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240804_092020_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240804_092020_X.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 34
I know what you mean but the pre finals bye acts as a big reset imo, I think they'll still finish top 2 and host a qf
Their style of play which made them so successful in the first half of the season has been worked out and now opposition teams are working them over with eaise. Biggest question mark over the Swans is where is the Plan B and do they have enough time to implement it? I don't think so.

Good chance they will still finish top 4 because they play Collingwood (H), Essendon (A) and then Adelaide (H) but you can almost guarentee they will go out straight sets and I'll be pissing myself laughing as they do.

I think we're at the point where the season is too long for a team to be at the top from start to finish.

Swans, Carlton, Essnedon spent a lot of the year in the top 4 together and are all speeding down the ladder.
Hawks, Lions, Doggies had a slow start and just keep banking the wins now.

Then the log jam of jekyll/hyde teams.

We've still got a month left before finals - so hard to know who is timing their run properly.

I think we're at the point where the season is too long for a team to be at the top from start to finish.

Swans, Carlton, Essnedon spent a lot of the year in the top 4 together and are all speeding down the ladder.
Hawks, Lions, Doggies had a slow start and just keep banking the wins now.

Then the log jam of jekyll/hyde teams.

We've still got a month left before finals - so hard to know who is timing their run properly.
That's why the pre finals bye is such a joke- it completely arrests any momentum teams have accumulated in the final month of the h&a.
Remember, the only reason we have the bye is the betting companies lobbied hard after top sides were resting players and punters were making big $ in the final round

That's why the pre finals bye is such a joke- it completely arrests any momentum teams have accumulated in the final month of the h&a.
Remember, the only reason we have the bye is the betting companies lobbied hard after top sides were resting players and punters were making big $ in the final round
Those damn betting companies taking over the sport.

Amazing nobody kicked up a fuss when Gil just wandered off to become Tabcorp's CEO.

Those damn betting companies taking over the sport.

Amazing nobody kicked up a fuss when Gil just wandered off to become Tabcorp's CEO.

Pre show on Fox on now all about gambling. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back