No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He just had so much self belief in his ability and skill even as a kid.

Harley does have it...but not to this extent.

Watson I think comes very very close.

Cyril had it in spades as well.

Its exciting to watch as its such a rare trait.

He just had so much self belief in his ability and skill even as a kid.

Harley does have it...but not to this extent.

Watson I think comes very very close.

Cyril had it in spades as well.

Its exciting to watch as its such a rare trait.
Daicos has it the most of any young player. Burgoyne had it. It's knowing exactly where to be and what to do to win a game and the complete belief in being the person to do it. It's what separates the absolute greatest from those who stockpile All Australians, B&Fs, Brownlows etc which reflect consistency but not necessarily matchwinning on the big stage. Martin is the best i've seen at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Dusty retiring it has got me thinking about the credibility of AFL journos. For the last 3 months i have heard numerous journos stating categorically that Dusty was 100% off to the Suns for a 2 year deal. Watching him on the weekend and this year he has looked cooked & really couldn't see how he would improve the Suns.

In this case they have got this 100% wrong. These guys/gals hide behind their so called informants, it's fluid blah blah blah. What this tells me is that these clowns have absolutely no idea what is going on most of the time, they put 2 & 2 together and get 5.

Next time a journo comes out and says player A is off to a certain club for $$$$ - Just ask yourself REALLY is that really happening or are you just making shit up.

Each year we hear of players moving clubs, reported as fact nek minute that player signs back on with his current club.

There a few good journos but 90% of them can't be trusted to report any factual info.

Any way Hawks by 33 over the Baggars

With Dusty retiring it has got me thinking about the credibility of AFL journos. For the last 3 months i have heard numerous journos stating categorically that Dusty was 100% off to the Suns for a 2 year deal. Watching him on the weekend and this year he has looked cooked & really couldn't see how he would improve the Suns.

In this case they have got this 100% wrong. These guys/gals hide behind their so called informants, it's fluid blah blah blah. What this tells me is that these clowns have absolutely no idea what is going on most of the time, they put 2 & 2 together and get 5.

Next time a journo comes out and says player A is off to a certain club for $$$$ - Just ask yourself REALLY is that really happening or are you just making shit up.

Each year we hear of players moving clubs, reported as fact nek minute that player signs back on with his current club.

There a few good journos but 90% of them can't be trusted to report any factual info.

I think it's symptomatic of most "scoop" reporting in the AFL media industry. By that I mean there is little to no accountability or fallout for being wrong but there is great reward for being first to break a big story. And on top of that there seems to be more working in the industry than ever before making it a very competitive field if you want to be a news breaker.

If a journo gets a tip about something then there's every possibility that others have got that same tip. News doesn't break at 6pm on TV or the next day in the paper any more. It's straight onto social media. So the window to verify a story is miniscule if not non-existent if you don't want to risk losing your scoop.

I'm sure most of the player movement story tips originate from player managers anyway. No doubt giving out different versions to different journos so there's continuous debate and discussion that could help generate more competitive offers from clubs.

I think it's symptomatic of most "scoop" reporting in the AFL media industry. By that I mean there is little to no accountability or fallout for being wrong but there is great reward for being first to break a big story. And on top of that there seems to be more working in the industry than ever before making it a very competitive field if you want to be a news breaker.

If a journo gets a tip about something then there's every possibility that others have got that same tip. News doesn't break at 6pm on TV or the next day in the paper any more. It's straight onto social media. So the window to verify a story is miniscule if not non-existent if you don't want to risk losing your scoop.

I'm sure most of the player movement story tips originate from player managers anyway. No doubt giving out different versions to different journos so there's continuous debate and discussion that could help generate more competitive offers from clubs.
The lack of accountability is the issue

Give it 6 months to see what pans out

Must say I will be much happier watching us play the Cats without Hawkins.

I guess he is one of the many reasons we have such a fierce rivalry.

I will never forget Hawkins rag dolling Schoey like it was nothing.

Clarko just refused to move him.

So angry at Clarko that day.

Just being stubborn.

The Cats players must of been thinking how good is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back