No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how 1 below average season and the Craig McRea mystique has completely worn off. Looked unflappable last year, always on top of things. Has had many vulnerable moments in the coaches box and the post game pressers this year.
He was gifted and established list and the best 18 year old the game has ever seen.

No Pies sympathiser, but that deserved a 50m penalty every single day of every single week according to the mountains of other 50m penalties that I have seen paid for far less egregious oversteps of the mark over the years. There was no attempt to slow down until well after the mark, and it was several metres over, not just one or two. I'd be mighty pissed if I was a Pies fan.

Plus, **** Sydney.

Honestly blaming the umpires. It's the norm these days. Sadly there is no acceptance of ure own deficiencies

Also such a fine line for them. If they pay 50, there is a world where the outcry is 'That is such a big penalty at the end of the game, where is the 'common sense' '? They were heavily criticised for paying holding the ball for a clear decision earlier in the year just because it was right at the end of the game, but it was 'dragging it in' every day of the week. The commentators this year have really put the spotlight on the umpires, and some of our games it seems almost every free kick is critiqued.

My understanding of the rules (yeah, I know..) is that it couldn't have been 50 because the umpire hadn't called him to stand. Could be wrong though.

My understanding of the rules (yeah, I know..) is that it couldn't have been 50 because the umpire hadn't called him to stand. Could be wrong though.
McCartin slowed up as quickly as you could expect, then back pedalled 4 steps at the same time McStay decided to play on.

Nothing wrong with the call as McCartin was doing what the umpire told him to do. McStay wasn’t hampered in his ability to move the ball to where he wanted it to go.

Spare a thought for those of us living in Sydney. First we have GWS pulling off the apparent comeback of the millennium and now the ever so brave Bloods did the same within a week. The Sydney media are insufferable. I think I’ll hibernate for a few days.
I hope GWS are torn a new one by the Lions today, after last week.
I live in Sydney too and tbh the Sydney AFL media (such as it is) aren't too bad.
The sport on the 6pm news is 9 minutes of NRL and 1 minute of AFL. You can understand why Buddy enjoyed his time here.

Honestly blaming the umpires. It's the norm these days. Sadly there is no acceptance of ure own deficiencies
If the game is close enough that an umpiring decision can decide it then you weren't the clear better team. It's what I always tell myself.

If the game is close enough that an umpiring decision can decide it then you weren't the clear better team. It's what I always tell myself.
Haha, exactly. They missed some opportunities to put the game out of reach late in the third quarter and in the last quarter too, including one shot from Row D in the stands. :)

Spare a thought for those of us living in Sydney. First we have GWS pulling off the apparent comeback of the millennium and now the ever so brave Bloods did the same within a week. The Sydney media are insufferable. I think I’ll hibernate for a few days.
They’re only ever the Bloods when they win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch it, hes about 10m over the mark when he stops running, then pulls back about 3 or 4 to set the mark.

At any other point in a game thats 50.
A collingwood player stood 3 m over the mark about three minutes before that so not sure of the point here. That should have been fifty and since it was on the arc, it should have been a goal.

A collingwood player stood 3 m over the mark about three minutes before that so not sure of the point here. That should have been fifty and since it was on the arc, it should have been a goal.
The point is that it was a fairly clear free. As were probably 10 others in the game that went either way. I really couldn’t care less, Sydney deserved the win, and Pies shouldn’t be blaming the umps.

Reckon GWS will get a touch up this week. Spent a lot of petrol tickets to get over the line against us, equal 2nd most repeat sprinting efforts for a team this season.
Would not be at all surprised they mulligan this match and focus all their energy on their last two. Game should be over already as it is and I really can't see any sort of comeback in this match unless the Lions let up their intensity.

Would not be at all surprised they mulligan this match and focus all their energy on their last two. Game should be over already as it is and I really can't see any sort of comeback in this match unless the Lions let up their intensity.
Dockers and Dogs to come after this. Could lose out from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back