Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This melbourne situation is interesting
They recontracted Gawn for 2 years at 32 years old

Petraaca wants out and is unhappy
Viney abit flaky according to what he's said in interviews
Oliver been on a rollercoaster probably wants out

they can put these guys to market and get some solid picks and fast track a rebuild with high picks before tassie comes online. is it hanging onto a chance to bounce back? or is the clubs stance of "keep" just to put up thier value?

The dees list isn’t even that bad. Oliver has only just turned 26 and his value open market has never been lower. Would definitely back him to re find some form. Hes had a shit year but prime Oliver is a clear BnF Winner for them.

Feel like a coaching restructure fixes them real quick and should be the absolute #1 priority before even touching the list. You would hate to see how painful they would be to play against with a decent coach at the helm.

North will rise pretty quickly if they acquire a couple of quality senior players in the off season.
Agree the other two are stuffed though
They’ve already got 15 first round draft picks, several of whom are 23-28 years of age.

Hasn’t got them anywhere.

You know, if we win and Essendon and West Coast show any amount of personal and competitive pride we could finish 4th.
What I find wild is that if those results occur and Hawks and Freo win (Freo game should be earlier in the round!) then a win for the Bulldogs will have them finish 4th, but a loss would see them miss finals in 9th.

You know, if we win and Essendon and West Coast show any amount of personal and competitive pride we could finish 4th.
Genuinely think the Dons could roll Brisbane, but West Coast will be bowling at GMHBA and the Cats will pile up the runs.

Genuinely think the Dons could roll Brisbane, but West Coast will be bowling at GMHBA and the Cats will pile up the runs.
Interestingly it's been the interstate sides that have proven to be some of the bigger challenges for the Cats playing at GMHBA this year. 3/3 games all decided by a goal or less.

It's hard to see Eagles doing it given what we saw of them last week, but they have been better in the 2 weeks prior, so perhaps a slim chance they can finish off the year with one last impressive performance. The result can't effect their draft hand either way so no reason not to try and finish off their season with a W.

I don't think personal and competitive pride is likely to play any more of a role than it should for North against us. Geelong and Brisbane are just comfortably better than those sides and should thrash them.

It has nothing to do with the fact that it feels American. To turn that first sentence back on you - if it's bad luck finishing 7th on percentage because you've had 23 weeks to qualify, why can't I just say bad luck to the team in 9th who also had 23 weeks to qualify? The Wild Card round is rewarding a team who finished 10th with pretty much the same chance of winning through as 7th, home game excluded.

Just making finals means clubs play weeks and weeks of elimination finals to get there, we've seen it this year with us, the Dogs and Freo having almost no room for error for about 10 weeks.

If the answer is "Well better to have more footy than a week off" it's a bit disingenuous. Feels a bit silly to introduce more games to fill a pesky week off when the AFL themselves introduced that pesky week off less than a decade ago.

I was turning that sentence back on old mate. Doing exactly what you have done here.

It doesn't mean 7th has the same chance as 10th at all, you said so yourself, 7th gets a home game.

Anyway, its happening. I dont need to get into a shit fight about it.

It makes sense as the comp moves towards 20 teams and the fixture is already comprimised as it is.

You're are all just going to have to live with more finals footy.

Sarcasm. Cheers
A little, maybe. Let me be more expansive then...

A Wildcard round is not needed.

A Wildcard round is not "better."

A Wildcard round is just...American....and different

To a lot of the media pack, happily sucking on the knob of American sporting culture, anything "American" and "different" is automatically needed and better.

It ****ing isn't.

Whoever finished eighth earned the right to be eighth.

Whoever finished ninth didn't.

It's that simple.

More bullshit won't make it better.

If tanking is the issue, there is a much easier solution; a lottery for the top 4/6 picks, rather than strict order.

How on Earth is 24 rounds of football not enough to decide placing a for a finals series? 20 teams? Make a finals series of 10. Didn’t make it after 24 rounds? Not good enough for finals, too bad. It is such a bad idea, imagine working your arse off all year to make the 8 and then losing your ‘wildcard’ game because a couple of key players go down.

**** the idea right off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think there would be more chance of me farting a rainbow, and then collecting a pot of gold, then west Coast actually showing anything

This year is the perfect example of why a wildcard weekend is a terrible idea and another way to make the comp unfair.

We have worked our backsides off this 2nd half of the season and proven we deserved to make the 8 (aslong as we take care of the Roos). Us and the doggies are clearly top 8 material and have proven so. Essendon and Collingwood etc don't deserve a chance to enter the finals. Both have s**t the bed and have shown to not be good enough over the 23 rounds. Imagine us losing a few players not quite ready for finals (Day and let's say Scrimshaw or others didn't get up in this example). It's BS that the Bombers or so have a chance to sneak into our spot for some silly round of football.

Plus as a neutral it was a pretty cool story seeing the Dogs win in 2016 after finishing 7th.

You can almost certainly rule out 7th and 8th ever winning again if they have to play 5 finals whilst the other 6 rest a week.

If you haven't noticed I think Wildcard weekend is a shocking idea.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Anyway, its happening. I dont need to get into a shit fight about it.

It makes sense as the comp moves towards 20 teams and the fixture is already comprimised as it is.

You're are all just going to have to live with more finals footy.

If it’s a final 10, just have a genuine final 10 not filler for a bye week that wasn’t there a few weeks ago

I was turning that sentence back on old mate. Doing exactly what you have done here.

It doesn't mean 7th has the same chance as 10th at all, you said so yourself, 7th gets a home game.
What if Geelong finish 7th and Collingwood finish 10th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back