No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's very sad news.

I've known his name for years, but his face only from Midweek Tackle.

It's funny, you sort of feel you know them...

Devastating for all his loved ones. RIP.

What would it look like if the USAFL decide to add a Wildcard week? Seems like it's just some contrived nonsense.

I suppose the simplest way to add the two extra sides would be:

Week One - during the usual week off.
1 - rest
2 - rest
3 - rest
4 - rest
5 - rest
6 - rest
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

Week Two - normal finals format.

It makes finishing fifth or sixth a little bit more rewarding I guess.

Here is the hidden BTS footage from the meeting where they came up with the "Wildcard" idea:

Plus what most of us think in response:

That's very sad news.

I've known his name for years, but his face only from Midweek Tackle.

It's funny, you sort of feel you know them...

Devastating for all his loved ones. RIP.
Yep. Me too.

Just awful circumstances and it can happen in the blink of an eye…to any/all of us or our nearest / dearest.

Thoughts to the family and those who knew him well.

RIP Sam

This is tragic news

Jesus - this happened just as my family was driving through there. Unbelievably sad.

Granted it may not have been the motorists fault - but the amount of people who seem to think the speed limit on Chirch Street is 70kmh is baffling. If you’re in that neck of the woods take caution as drivers can be flogs.

RIP Sam - condolences to anyone passing through here who might have known him or his family.

The dees list isn’t even that bad. Oliver has only just turned 26 and his value open market has never been lower. Would definitely back him to re find some form. Hes had a shit year but prime Oliver is a clear BnF Winner for them.

Feel like a coaching restructure fixes them real quick and should be the absolute #1 priority before even touching the list. You would hate to see how painful they would be to play against with a decent coach at the helm.

where are all the decent coaches?

bringing back lyon and brad scott suggests there are no good coaches in existence

bringing back lyon and brad scott suggests there are no good coaches in existence
Ross Lyon’s team is about to finish 14th and Brad Scott’s 11th with Clarkson 17th for good measure.

Would suggest recycling all three has been less than successful at this stage.

Whereas 1st timers in Kingsley & Mitchell have their clubs going in the right direction.

Back someone in to create an environment that coaches will thrive in.

People sometimes just need to be given a chance. Our coaching panel outside of Hickmott were people that were readily available for a lot of clubs to recruit into their coaching teams.

Andy Collins, David Hale, Hickmott, Kade Simpson all at the time they came to our club you could argue would’ve been gettable if you’d reached out to them in their prior roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dees list isn’t even that bad. Oliver has only just turned 26 and his value open market has never been lower. Would definitely back him to re find some form. Hes had a shit year but prime Oliver is a clear BnF Winner for them.

Feel like a coaching restructure fixes them real quick and should be the absolute #1 priority before even touching the list. You would hate to see how painful they would be to play against with a decent coach at the helm.
They have lost Brayshaw and Jackson though, effectively lost Oliver because he is an idiot, lost Petracca to injury and now Neale-Bullen is gone.

Oliver might pull his finger out, Petracca will be back. But losing 3 top 10 players in the middle of a premiership window is a huge problem.

Houston copped five weeks for his bump on Rankin ruiling him out for the finals.
Feels fair. Can't argue it wasn't intentional and the medical report from the Crows nailed the coffin shut.

Zach Tuohy has announced his retirement, and with Mark Blicavs (33yo) about 50 games behind Breust (who will probably play on) it looks like our man will hold the record for most games by a player first recruited via a rookie draft for quite a while. At least until Newcombe hits 300+ games…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back