No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newk stiff too
Yep. I guess at the end of the day you look at the squad, look at analogous players who missed out, and think who would I rather on my team, and then realise the AA selectors have no clue.

I was thinking Meek was a slim chance of a squad spot.
I'm a big a fan of the Man Mountain as anyone but he is still a way off the absolute premium rucks like Marshall, Gawn, Xerri, etc.

But honestly that's not bad because you don't need the best ruck. You just need a good, hard, competitive beast who makes the oppo ruck earn it which he most definitely is.

In fact it's a much better deal paying someone like Lloyd $600k a year to get say 80% of the output of someone like Marshall on $900k a year.

Still if he keeps his current trajectory next year who knows, he could make the squad (the big thing will be for him to improve his marking to take the next step).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo - most overrated list in the comp? Those so called brilliant mids couldn't get them to two finals series in a row!
Though, Young is a player who reminds me of Shaun Burgoyne the most. Awesome clearance player, beautiful kick and can hurt on the scoreboard. The rest? Dime a dozen of those in the comp .
Moore, Sicily and Massimo are the top few in their positions, so I wouldn't be surprised if all make the 22.

Freo - most overrated list in the comp? Those so called brilliant mids couldn't get them to two finals series in a row!
Though, Young is a player who reminds me of Shaun Burgoyne the most. Awesome clearance player, beautiful kick and can hurt on the scoreboard. The rest? Dime a dozen of those in the comp .
Moore, Sicily and Massimo are the top few in their positions, so I wouldn't be surprised if all make the 22.
If home ground adv couldnt get them over the line with finals on the line it never will. But reckon that loss to Essendon would have to the worst in the history of the club. Surely Fyfe and Walters are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back