No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe Toby Greene didnt get a look in for AA squad.

If home ground adv couldnt get them over the line with finals on the line it never will. But reckon that loss to Essendon would have to the worst in the history of the club. Surely Fyfe and Walters are done.

Thought they were pathetic yesterday all things considered. That said Port played really well but considering what was on the line - wow. Can't remember a Freo player not fumbling.

Cant believe Toby Greene didnt get a look in for AA squad.
Happy Sausage Dog GIF by Unscreen

Has been a horrible year for him personally

Happy Sausage Dog GIF by Unscreen

Has been a horrible year for him personally
A horrible year for him is still better than pretty much every other small forward out there. Significantly better year than Rayner and statistically a better year than Stengle (who probably makes the team).

It’s only that he’s getting marked against his own high standard that it seems like he hasn’t been really good where he’s probably been the second best small forward behind Moore.

Thought Toby Greene’s form dropped off this season. Obviously still a gun. Just as likely to go bang this September. 31 next month - gee time flies.

View attachment 2092912

Wasn't huge on him during his draft year, collected heaps of the ball but did nothing with it.

Same here. Some were spruiking Tsatas on here (we all have our favourites each season), but Mackenzie's class by foot made him a much better and more appealing prospect IMO.

We have already seen Mackenzie pull off some great kicks to date that Tsatas could only dream about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petraca sounds like a right c**khead. No surprises there.
He's really not, the Goodwin and Oliver situations are far worse than being openly reported, and it's not at all just limited to them.

Not only that, do you feel like Sam and our club doctors would have let Will Day (or any of our players) go back out there against Collingwood on that day? I'd wager we wouldn't play chicken with our players lives even on GF day.

If a Taranto or Hopper said I want out of here I didn't expect to be shit, I'd say well you signed the deal.

Trac almost died, had f*** all support from the club around it, had to announce that his own season is over because the Dees wanted to keep the door open, his coach has a history of doing drugs and punting with his own players, his best teammate spent the entire preseason doing drugs and then played basically every game off of no preseason.

Then after all that the club is steadfast in their support of Goodwin and Oliver and Gawn gets wheeled out constantly to tow the company line. I'd be out of there too.

He's really not, the Goodwin and Oliver situations are far worse than being openly reported, and it's not at all just limited to them.

Not only that, do you feel like Sam and our club doctors would have let Will Day (or any of our players) go back out there against Collingwood on that day? I'd wager we wouldn't play chicken with our players lives even on GF day.

If a Taranto or Hopper said I want out of here I didn't expect to be shit, I'd say well you signed the deal.

Trac almost died, had f*** all support from the club around it, had to announce that his own season is over because the Dees wanted to keep the door open, his coach has a history of doing drugs and punting with his own players, his best teammate spent the entire preseason doing drugs and then played basically every game off of no preseason.

Then after all that the club is steadfast in their support of Goodwin and Oliver and Gawn gets wheeled out constantly to tow the company line. I'd be out of there too.
The similarities between Petracca and Melbourne and Judd and west coast is crazy. It’s just that Petracca is contracted. No one blamed Judd for leaving the eagles

The similarities between Petracca and Melbourne and Judd and west coast is crazy. It’s just that Petracca is contracted. No one blamed Judd for leaving the eagles

All these years and “poor Judd” still gets trotted out. The only similarity is that once again a players wants desperately out, but then places conditions on where he goes

Petraca sounds like a right c**khead. No surprises there.
The whole "brand" stuff is clearly the media trying to add mayo to the story.

I don't know him personally, but live near where he grew up and everyone I know who knows him couldn't speak more highly of him.

Dees culture is an absolute dumpster fire and it's totally in his right to try get out of there.

One gets the feeling it could be either Petracca or Goodwin that will depart.
I’d be saying bye bye Goodie and rebuild the whole joint culturally.

Yup - if I was trying to rebuild a club culture I would be doing it around Petracca, not Oliver and Goodwin. Get rid of Goodwin, any management that has permitted the shit culture and trade Oliver and use this draft to start rebuilding around Petracca and just hope you can get him to agree to stick around for a mini-rebuild before Tassie enter.

Yup - if I was trying to rebuild a club culture I would be doing it around Petracca, not Oliver and Goodwin. Get rid of Goodwin, any management that has permitted the shit culture and trade Oliver and use this draft to start rebuilding around Petracca and just hope you can get him to agree to stick around for a mini-rebuild before Tassie enter.
From the outside it looks like one of the problems is how close Goodwin is to some of the 'bad eggs' in the playing group - the ones that Trac probably has issues with.

Getting rid of Goodwin might upset a large section of the playing cohort... more trouble from a whole club perspective than just allowing Trac to leave.

Very interesting watch, that is for sure.

I wonder if the AFL's "We'll help you not get caught when you party hardy on the coke and whatnot" was running overtime at Melbourne. There could be a few fevered conversations and whatsapp groupchats on private phones cleanups underway. But all communications, private device or not, are discoverable...

From the outside it looks like one of the problems is how close Goodwin is to some of the 'bad eggs' in the playing group - the ones that Trac probably has issues with.

Getting rid of Goodwin might upset a large section of the playing cohort... more trouble from a whole club perspective than just allowing Trac to leave.

Very interesting watch, that is for sure.
Then you cut the head off, they've wasted their list.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then you cut the head off, they've wasted their list.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No argument from me.

I said at the start of this year that Melbourne would miss the finals and Goodwin would be the coach most in trouble other than Simpson.

In the short term it doesn't matter what they do - they are going to miss the 8 next year regardless of whether Trac stays or goes, or whether Goodwin stays or goes.

Long term, they must act now if they want to avoid another decade at the bottom of the ladder.

You know, Hawks attendance being 6th in the league despite playing 4 games in Tassie at an average of 12k attendance is pretty impressive. Replace those with MCG games at average attendance and we slot in at 4th.

Reckon Essington are only up there by virtue of all the "special" games they get. Anzac Day, Dreamtime etc.

TeamAttendanceAverage
Collingwood
1367002​
59435​
Carlton
1277120​
55527​
Essendon
1148090​
49917​
Hawthorn (MCG Replacement)
Richmond