No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was my old Chiropractor
When I went to the chiropractor, I never actually saw the bloke, I just went in to steal all the waiting room magazines. Now I've got heaps of back issues.

Petracca and Melbourne have been a joke since they cancelled a boot camp in 2017 because the players didnt want to do hard training, they got it together in 2021 season when they had the "be less selfish" motto at the club, which is what cost them in previous years and they won the premiership that year, but now its a bunch of guys taking drugs, a drunk in Stephen May telling everyone they shouldve won the premiership in 2023 at the best and fairest, bar fights at random pubs, whatever is happening with Oliver and Smith and their drug habits, the club not supporting Petracca when he got injured and was in ICU fighting for his life with blood transfusions apparently, while his GF Bella was freaking out and family seeing him in bad shape while the club is lying about him being available if they make finals ect, good player, but terrible view on life and his whole career has been people catering to his spoilt child personality... now Melbourne have crossed a line and he is having a stubborn tantrum that could see him move clubs, now people are saying he is leaving because it could be good for his social media career, im glad we dont have any divas like Petracca at the HFC.

From the outside it looks like one of the problems is how close Goodwin is to some of the 'bad eggs' in the playing group - the ones that Trac probably has issues with.

Getting rid of Goodwin might upset a large section of the playing cohort... more trouble from a whole club perspective than just allowing Trac to leave.

Very interesting watch, that is for sure.

Where does Gawn sit I wonder!

The club’s biggest duty of care is safety of players and Melbourne stuffed up badly. I would be horrified if my family member was in the same situation as Petracca in ICU and Melbourne were talking about his football availability in the first instance. Media were also highly critical of Melbourne for that at the same. Strange some of the same media have now started to turn on Petrecca for requesting a trade, after all year they had been ridiculing the Dees’ culture. Melbourne should trade both Petracca for as much as they can get and reset rather than capitulate internally and a slow and painful decline down the ladder.

Petracca and Melbourne have been a joke since they cancelled a boot camp in 2017 because the players didnt want to do hard training

No, they didn’t want to do pointless training that led to injuries the year before. ‘Commando/SAS’ training for footballers is beyond pointless. SAS training is intense because they need soldiers who can endure the very worst of conditions, including being tortured. Footy players don’t need this skill set. Jordan Lewis, who would have done hard training at Hawthorn, questioned the relevance of it and I dare say he’s a better judge than you and I.

I always felt Melbourne weren't amazing at actually playing football but were the first team to completely annihilate opponents from stoppages exploiting the 6 6 6 rule. As soon as that stoppage dominance waned they came back to the pack.
They're in big big trouble now. And Clarko and his bestie Todd played an absolute blinder getting Jack Viney another bumper deal, can't believe the dees didn't see that for what it was lol

It's very interesting to see the rise and fall of WC and Melbourne in line with the involvement of Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis.

Could be complete coincidence.

It's very interesting to see the rise and fall of WC and Melbourne in line with the involvement of Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis.

Could be complete coincidence.

Good point. Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a comment by Lewis on the Petracca situation? I wonder where he falls on the club/culture vs Prima Donna narrative.

I don't get the criticism of Petracca.

Elite sports people have such short careers, I can totally understand they want to be in elite environments that give them the best chance of success.

Melbourne clearly isn't that anymore. Lots has changed signed since he signed his extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the criticism of Petracca.

Elite sports people have such short careers, I can totally understand they want to be in elite environments that give them the best chance of success.

Melbourne clearly isn't that anymore. Lots has changed signed since he signed his extension.

I actually lean toward Petracca in this BUT he did sign a seven-year contract. That’s a LONG time to be committing to an employer and he got a LOT of dough in return for the commitment. The justification for a player dishonouring that commitment would need to be overwhelming.

For example, “I signed a long-term deal with Norf and they will suck balls forever so I want out” is not an overwhelming justification. You jumped in that frying pan, son.

IF, however, Melbourne’s club rooms look like Tony Montana’s office with mounds of coke scattered about and Petracca’s mortal health was deliberately disregarded, then that crosses the overwhelming justification barrier for me. I can best describe that barrier as the point where the bad faith is so bad that I would rather not play football than kick another pigskin in that club.

He has all the power here. Its basically a forever contract he signed which, perversely, means Demons are incentivised to move him AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if they feel they cant rectify the situation, as every year his trade value declines.

Similarly, given its probably his last major contract, if he starts going at 75 / 80%, doesn't do his usual two-way running, body on line stuff, Demons are basically paying someone $1.2m a year which will be detriment to the rest of their team.

Blame entirely on Melbourne for mine. You do whatever it takes to keep your best player and it is completely damning that he is wanting to leave for another Melbourne based team. If Buddy had wanted to go to a Melbourne-team on same coin we were offering, we would rightfully be asking what is it about the Hawks that he doesnt want to be there.

IF, however, Melbourne’s club rooms look like Tony Montana’s office with mounds of coke scattered about and Petracca’s mortal health was deliberately disregarded, then that crosses the overwhelming justification barrier for me. I can best describe that barrier as the point where the bad faith is so bad that I would rather not play football than kick another pigskin in that club.

tony montana GIF

Giants just signed Brent Daniels to a new 6 year contract they certainly love long term deals.

St.Kilda must be holding it's exit interviews as they have just announced that Seb Ross has been delisted. News on Battle's intentions may not be far away.
Two time BNF winner.

Jack Steven has won 4 Saints BNFs (Trevor Barker Medal)

Here are some Hawthorn players who have 2 Peter Crimmins medals or less:
Luke Hodge (2)
Lance Franklin (1)
John Platten (2)
Dermott Brereton (1)
Peter Knights (2)
Chris Langford (0)
Darren Jarman (1)
Shaun Burgoyne (0)

Over to you Josh Battle, would you like 3 flags or 7 Trevor Barker medals?

You seriously think that he said that - the guy earns a mil a year playing footy, has nearly 500k followers on Insta alone, major sponsors for his cooking podcast, as well as sporting sponsorships, celeb chefs cooking with him, appearances at food festivals and you think that’s the reason he has given.

I’ve got absolutely no doubt that this is coming from the club to make him look like a, what was it, “a ********”

Melbourne made a decision to pander to Oliver and his behaviour - at least two seasons they’ve seen his crap, then there was the shit with Smith and all the demons can do is trot out Gawn and their “great culture, culture, culture” bullshit

The straw was sending him back out against the pies. Shameful that pies players were the ones who expressed concern ON FIELD

The guy nearly lost his life and there’s still those who are buying into this “I want to promote my brand” bullshit
I have no idea if he said that beyond what Sam Maclure reported – which was exactly that, him wanting greater exposure to boost his brand. Not to say Maclure is correct... doens't seem like the most trustworthy journo out there. But he's also not necessarily the worst either

So when you say you have absolutely no doubt it's coming from the club do you have contacts saying he didn't say this, or is that your opinion?

Being a content producer or influencer (whatever you want to call it) is obviously important to him, so not going to begrudge him of that – as one should always pursue what makes them happy, even more so if it ties into one's career. But given he's breaking a long term contract, all while breaking Demons fans hearts, maybe keep his list of demands to himself. If indeed true.

Two time BNF winner.

Jack Steven has won 4 Saints BNFs (Trevor Barker Medal)

Here are some Hawthorn players who have 2 Peter Crimmins medals or less:
Luke Hodge (2)
Lance Franklin (1)
John Platten (2)
Dermott Brereton (1)
Peter Knights (2)
Chris Langford (0)
Darren Jarman (1)
Shaun Burgoyne (0)

Over to you Josh Battle, would you like 7 flags or 3 Trevor Barker medals?
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back