No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting way ahead of myself, but seeing as I’m already going to one fantastic Friday night game, I’m already greedy for a second. I hope we win (of course) as well as Port so that we have Geelong at the G the week following and two straight Friday night blockbusters.

It’s this sort of greediness that is leading the collapse of civilisation.

I feel for Yze.

He was sold a Mercedes and has ended up with a 60's beetle with 300,000 miles on the clock.
I do feel for Yze but I think the signs were there for him as a coach too. I don't know too many other coaches who have gone for and been rejected for quite so many senior coaching roles.

Wonder if David Hale will go for the West Coast coaching job? Think he's on record stating he wants to be a senior coach and the fact Sam Mitchell poached him suggests he'd be a good candidate. No much competition by the sounds of it.

wasn't reporting what Petracca said, was his own speculation
He reported that Petracca has told Goodwin and senior figures that. Which means either Petracca has or those people have made it up and are feeding lies to make him look petty and selfish

Nah, not buying any of the other excuses by petracca, it's definitely reared its ugly head on two fronts. The off field stuff that seems to be pushed away with too many people at the club feelling comfortable with where they're at plus the awful way his injury was handled! The club are so stupid, that they were thinking that he'd be ready to go for finals, all the while the poor bloke was 50/50 in a hospital bed!!! Something gotta give at the Dee's, but not sure who blinks first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no he was reporting it

He reported that Petracca has told Goodwin and senior figures that. Which means either Petracca has or those people have made it up and are feeding lies to make him look petty and selfish

"and there's some reasons that go into this. It all started, in my belief, with the club's refusal to deal with the machinations and all of the significant ramifications that came out from the Clayton Oliver situation last year. Christian Petracca thought..."

He is reporting on the story, but he is not reporting directly on what Petracca has said. Exit meeting, club left in no doubt, uncomfortable team function. The reasons given for Petracca wanting out are his own speculation (or are being given via 'source' which he isn't explicit about).

So Richmond and Melbourne are recent premiership winning teams and are falling apart.

Richmond about to lose Rioli, Bolton, Baker, Graham possibly Lynch

Dees lost Neal-Bullen, maybe Petracca, maybe Pickett and Viney

Both clubs look like they are going to spend a long time in the wilderness

...this is why the hawks are so great

After 2016 there was no rush from players to leave. Even though we were ón a downward in the years that followed it was the club pushing players out not players running to the exit.

Its meant a continuity. Breust and Gunston still there and playing selflessly to teach and nurture the new generation

From finals in 2018 to getting back into finals in 2024 having had a success dynasty shows what an amazing club this is.

"and there's some reasons that go into this. It all started, in my belief, with the club's refusal to deal with the machinations and all of the significant ramifications that came out from the Clayton Oliver situation last year. Christian Petracca thought..."

He is reporting on the story, but he is not reporting directly on what Petracca has said. Exit meeting, club left in no doubt, uncomfortable team function. The reasons given for Petracca wanting out are his own speculation (or are being given via 'source' which he isn't explicit about).

No it's based on him speaking to those who attended the meeting

"He has told coach Simon Goodwin and other senior figures that he is frustrated with continuously playing in front of small crowds.

In two of Melbourne’s last three home games, the crowds have been 16,246 (against Greater Western Sydney) and 17,867 (against Port Adelaide).
He has also told them that representing a larger club could increase his brand and marketability. Petracca’s representatives have denied that personal brand issues are having any impact on his decision-making."

But at least his people are denying that last bit as it's not good for his brand.

Read the article

Melbourne is a mess. Losing Brayshaw was terrible for them. Oliver already running at a mere 30% of his ability and it doesn't look like they managed him well at all. Smith got suspended for coke. Petracca, as much as I'm on his side, has created a circus. And now Neil-Bullen and Kosi Pickett wants to leave.

These are just facts.

Then there's the innuendo of Oliver's off field situation, Goodwin's issues - the place stinks from top to bottom

Melbourne is a mess. Losing Brayshaw was terrible for them. Oliver already running at a mere 30% of his ability and it doesn't look like they managed him well at all. Smith got suspended for coke. Petracca, as much as I'm on his side, has created a circus. And now Neil-Bullen and Kosi Pickett wants to leave.

These are just facts.

Then there's the innuendo of Oliver's off field situation, Goodwin's issues - the place stinks from top to bottom
So why did Luke Jackson go home the first chance he got :think:

Culture of that club is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back