No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am told that one of their biggest issues at Melbourne is their CEO. Apparently, an extremely nasty person who has the gift of the gab but will execute anyone who dares question him. Too many backslappers as a result.

Toxic person and was the same at Collingwood until they woke up.

Last edited:
yep , that was a trump-esque train wreck.....

she described petraccas issues as "good issues".... probably the best issues ever...hilarious

denying the culture problem.....as a wise man once said, denial is a river in eqypt
Yeah I was listening to that.
There was a touch of the comical Ali's about her. She hasn't spoken to "Tracc" personally but "I'm in constant dialogue with him". "No need for an external review as we know what the issues are..".
The corporate verbal sludge so many of the modern execs use just shits me.
"We're in constant dialogue.. we're wrapping our arms around him... the process is ongoing..".
Whatever happened to plain English, FFS.

Roffey used to be a good listen on ABC NB back in the day. Clearly the dam wall is busting and she's running out of fingers. Either clean up or step aside and let someone else do it.

I listened to the replay of that interview on Spotify. If she’s not gone from Melbourne within a week, then Melbourne aren’t back in finals for 15 years. They’ll make Essendon look like the rebuild story of the century. I have endured some vapid corporate mishmash in my day, but good golly, that was some grade A garbage. Possibly the worst interview in of any sort since “Please explain.”

Tracc, Tracc, Tracc, Tracc, Tracc, Tracc, .......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so they have talked to him the whole time, but dont know anything OR are unwilling to share anything, even though they complain that the media doesnt know the whole story and are unwilling to share the whole story, She seems to not want to even entertain the idea he might want to leave and unless he tells it to her face it seems she wont believe he wants to leave, its a mess...

I doubt he actually is. The Dees’ better players have seen the writing on the wall.

Petracca will either be gone or he’ll be forced to stay and the environment at Demonland next year will be toxic.

Gameplan is outdated and boring to play. The Dees fans stopped showing up as soon as finals were off the cards. They’ll probably be playing in front of seagulls and tarps in a few years.

Their premiership window has shut. Abandon ship.
They could salvage it. But they won't.

Gary Pert is a rather dull narcissist will close to zero ability as an executive officer of anything, that's why he fits in so well into an AFL administrative environment. Kate Roffey has nowhere near the experience or intelligence to handle the woke appointment gifted to her.
They are the two main reasons that Melbourne is an absolute train wreck.

All this talk about whether or not to select the best mids instead of wings in the AA side is so frustrating. This idea that the 6th or 7th best inside mid is as important to the team as a wingman just feels wrong. Every club no matter how good or how terrible has an inside mid with a case to be planted on the wing in the AA team, but only the best teams have them on the outside.

Almost every flag for the past decade has coincided with clubs that have had a jet wingman either traded in, or one that announces themselves as a jet wingman in that year. Daicos at the Pies, Smith at Geelong, Langdon at Melbourne, Kane Lambert at Richmond who may well be the most underrated wingman of the past 20 years, Hill and Smith again at the Hawks.

Often the difference between the premier and an also ran is that guy on the outside doing thankless running, linking up, covering holes in defence and getting involved in chains moving forward. Teams with no one on the outside are terrible to watch because they have no movement, like Geelong pre-Smith and Melbourne pre-Langdon. Richmond without Lambert covering for Dusty's lack of defensive effort was a 5-6 goal worse side. Media pundits need to start treating the wingmen with respect for the impact they have.

Last edited:
All this talk about whether or not to select the best mids instead of wings in the AA side is so frustrating. This idea that the 6th or 7th best inside mid is as important to the team as a wingman just feels wrong. Every club no matter how good or how terrible has an inside mid with a case to be planted on the wing in the AA team, but only the best teams have them on the outside.

Almost every flag for the past decade has coincided with clubs that have had a jet wingman either traded in, or one that announces themselves as a jet wingman in that year. Daicos at the Pies, Smith at Geelong, Langdon at Melbourne, Kane Lambert at Richmond who may well be the most underrated wingman of the past 20 years, Hill and Smith again at the Hawks.

Often the difference between the premier and an also ran is that guy on the outside doing thankless running, linking up, covering holes in defence and getting involved in chains moving forward. Players with no one on the outside are terrible to watch because they have no movement, like Geelong pre-Smith and Melbourne pre-Langdon. Richmond without Lambert covering for Dusty's lack of defensive effort was a 5-6 goal worse side. Media pundits need to start treating the wingmen with respect for the impact they have.
It's the justifications they use that annoy me. The idea that a player who played 99-100% time as a centre square mid wasn't quite good enough to secure that spot over others in the AA team but it is assumed they would have been a top 2 winger in the comp had they played there instead. Which could be true, but it's still not evidence based.

As King said on 360 last night, if we're going to do that then might as well just name a top 25 players in the league and leave it at that. No point naming players in positions if they didn't play them.

The last couple seasons there has been a big shift to the importance of quick ball movement between the arcs and a move away from the slower repeat stoppage style. The AA team should act as a time capsule representing the prevailing game style of that year and feature the players who were the best at achieving that for their own teams. Which is probably going to naturally lead to an AA team featuring those players from the better clubs as you were talking about earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back