No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him - walks to his own drum does Joe and it’s refreshing to see

On another note - he would of frustrated the hell out of me if he played for us 😉

I think we finish on top of the ladder next season.

I thought Brisbane would finish on top next season and us second. I reckon now we've Daniher retiring, that's a lot of responsibility for Hipwood to take.

Joe Daniher has officially retired according to Tom Morris
Amazing end to a very interesting career. Never hit the heights expected in the very early days but was a very good player and finished his career with a bumper finals series and a flag. He will retire happy and always seemed a good fella.

Big loss for the Lions. Wonder what they do here. This will free up about $1M cap space and they will be happy to get rid of their first pick given Ashcroft incoming. They would be a very enticing option for a key forward interested in a move. JUH?

The Bombers will be pleased: Daniher family has good footy genes and he finishes his career with 96 games at the Lions, 108 at Bombers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if players actually enjoy playing underneath Kingsley.
I think these decisions are all money based. You cant have 6-8 millionaires in your side and hope everyone else is happy to play for 300K

James Peatling of GWS has informed the club he wants to play for Adelaide next season

Feel like Adelaide have plenty of B grade defensive mids.

They lack A grade talent.

Amazing end to a very interesting career. Never hit the heights expected in the very early days but was a very good player and finished his career with a bumper finals series and a flag. He will retire happy and always seemed a good fella.

Big loss for the Lions. Wonder what they do here. This will free up about $1M cap space and they will be happy to get rid of their first pick given Ashcroft incoming. They would be a very enticing option for a key forward interested in a move. JUH?

The Bombers will be pleased: Daniher family has good footy genes and he finishes his career with 96 games at the Lions, 108 at Bombers.

Good shout on the JUH suggestion, that would be huge for the Lions. Wonder what the Dogs would be asking for him.

Good shout on the JUH suggestion, that would be huge for the Lions. Wonder what the Dogs would be asking for him.

Lions have to cash in on Ashcroft - they’d have a future first only to play with. Can’t see it happening.

This is the treatment that Geelong gets from the media which baffles me - Geelong take on Bowes' contract, Gold Coast use that and give up a pick to get the contract off the books, then Geelong are able to restructure his salary down to nothing anyway. Same shit proposed here with Oliver, are we just supposed to be okay with the Demons being able to get out of a terrible contract with Geelong being able to facilitate that while being able to reduce the amount owed for some reason?

I'm not even one to get caught up in the Geelong BS, but if the AFL have moved to block deals before then this is where they should be doing it again.

This is the treatment that Geelong gets from the media which baffles me - Geelong take on Bowes' contract, Gold Coast use that and give up a pick to get the contract off the books, then Geelong are able to restructure his salary down to nothing anyway. Same shit proposed here with Oliver, are we just supposed to be okay with the Demons being able to get out of a terrible contract with Geelong being able to facilitate that while being able to reduce the amount owed for some reason?

I'm not even one to get caught up in the Geelong BS, but if the AFL have moved to block deals before then this is where they should be doing it again.

He has serious personal issues and a monster contract but ability and credentials wise (2x Coaches award winner, 4x B&F and aged 27), Oliver is the best player to move clubs since Buddy. What is being proposed as the trade price (about pick 20 after bids) is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back