Roast Generation Change

Remove this Banner Ad

I envy those of you who grew up with the ever-successful PA!

I only started following Port upon their entry to the AFL when I was 6!
I vividly remember the outrage and disgust at our performance in '91, where we lost the elimination final. We finished 5th that year coming off a 3-peat, and of course won it again in '92. That was the level our standards were at. It was such a great time to be a supporter of this club. Now we pat Ken on the back for keeping us competitive.

I envy those of you who grew up with the ever-successful PA!

I only started following Port upon their entry to the AFL when I was 6!

To be honest, not only has the league changed but port adelaide changed, the game has changed and society has changed

Imagine a time when football was a dominant part of culture, where they were the only rock stars that came to town and your team gave everything to win.

I vividly remember the outrage and disgust at our performance in '91, where we lost the elimination final. We finished 5th that year coming off a 3-peat, and of course won it again in '92. That was the level our standards were at. It was such a great time to be a supporter of this club. Now we pat Ken on the back for keeping us competitive.

I was at that elimination final with my "Here We Go For 4 In A Row" headband on. By the time Westies started pummeling us 10.5 year old me couldn't fathom that we were not going to win the flag that year. Certainly made up for it the following season though!

Hinkley has embedded that mentally weak fragility further. We perform like a club scared of success, failing on almost every big game occasion.

The perfect microcosm. Our game against Richmond in early 2019, when they were coming off back-to-back 7 goal losses and would be without Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli & Rance.

Before

D21E4DD0-EB00-4792-9689-E91E487C5210.jpeg

After

1696829D-C355-411B-B1EF-AE2B0481B7E1.jpeg

🍼

Remove this Banner Ad

Back