Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to interchange the word "Lang" for Pick 40, 50 whatever Carlton will give us for Lang.
So Pick 35+40 for Ablett, etc.

I wouldn't even like the 35 + Lang, tbh.
I don't even like Lang <--> Ablett truth be told. Still holding out a slim hope that we can convince him to stay. Hopefully those proposed scenario are just the media reading what currency we have and what they 'think' will happen. Will find out in 24 hours max at least.

It would be but they will not offer that.. I get the feeling , recent events have pulled the rug from under us ..and we now almost have to get the deal done..
Unfortunately we have always had to get the deal done. Geelong committed to this a year ago and it's obvious to me told Ablett and Pickering they would move heaven and earth to get him. GC have been in a difficult spot but so have GFC.

Unfortunately we have always had to get the deal done. Geelong committed to this a year ago and it's obvious to me told Ablett and Pickering they would move heaven and earth to get him. GC have been in a difficult spot but so have GFC.

What did Wells say in 2015, "we owed it to Patty and his family to eliminate all risk of him not getting to Geelong."
I know it's a different situation but I can't help but think we may end up hearing something similar when we pay slightly overs.

I think we need to interchange the word "Lang" for Pick 40, 50 whatever Carlton will give us for Lang.

Well said.

Carlton have offered GWS pick 40 for Kennedy which would leave us with pick 58 at best for Lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I am going to say is this...
If we are willing to give up a 22 yo Darcy Lang and Pick 22 or even 35 for a 34 year old player that has at most 30 GOOD games left.
WE ARE A BLOODY STUPID !!!
That will be TWICE this bloke has screwed us over.

We had the better players definately But the cost was four times higher in draft picks. Although given you dont seem to think young players age I could understand your conclusion. :)
Four times higher for 7 times better players.

Did you find your Premiership team of sub-24 year olds yet?? :)

Sounds like its time to prepare the lube for our annual trade week reaming. And for once it felt like we had balls this trade period. Come on wells. Bring out the balls.
Hardly think it’s an annual reaming, I would argue that giving up a 1st and 2nd for danger was a massive win given the context of what’s happening this trade period. Tuohy trade last year was clearly a win as well. Only spud deal I can think of was Stanley.

Not sure we should be patting ourselves on the back for that.

Which top 8 side would be trading a 21yr old who's in their best 22 (he did break a leg again this year) for a pick above 40.

Just give me a name of a player? One under 28 will do. We get conditioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back