Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How else do you base your views other then perception?- some magical sixth sense?

Fair point.. its just that I really don't see a winner or a loser from this time of the year.. it means little till they are actually playing. Im not even sure how Watts fits into their side. Plenty of players move and it doesn't work. I will say the deal they apparently got him on P31 and Melb paying so wage... sounds a good deal. I also get that clubs have paid too much etc..

Hardly think it’s an annual reaming, I would argue that giving up a 1st and 2nd for danger was a massive win given the context of what’s happening this trade period. Tuohy trade last year was clearly a win as well. Only spud deal I can think of was Stanley.

Let's not argue this in hindsight again. We pay more than full value for trades.

Won't happen, Suns have pick 2,21,24,26,37,39. Another two picks in the 30s does nothing for them.
I meant if Lang goes to the Gold Coast....
"Lang" to us supporters might have a value in our heads but we are either going to lose him for a pick in the 40's or 50's or part of the Ablett deal.

Not sure we should be patting ourselves on the back for that.

Which top 8 side would be trading a 21yr old who's in their best 22 (he did break a leg again this year) for a pick above 40.

Just give me a name of a player? One under 28 will do. We get conditioned.
Didn't say it was good. Just that we are going to lose Lang for pick in the 40's or 50's to Carlton or part of the Ablett deal.
Made no comment on whether it was great, good, acceptable or horrendous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How else do you base your views other then perception?- some magical sixth sense?
Ex ante vs ex post.

One is mere opinion the other has the benefit of evidence in which to rely.

That's how I see i things too
To think that we could have gotten Watts, the best available player in the trade, but meekly stepped aside for Port .....is really quite galling.
Heading into 2018, we are down Mackie & Lonegran, but we've given Gardner zero game time to help minimise the transition period
We've lost Motlop,and now we are looking to trade out Lang.
All the while holding onto spuds like Murdoch and Stanley
And what if the perpetually injured Cowan and Mc Carthy don't come up again ?
That squad is very very light on
Cowan delisted. I think you mean gregson

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Melbourne still need to complete a trade for either a future 1st or 4th round pick to make the Lever deal legal?
Have 2 3rd rounders so may be legal already

Name a club in the history of trade period who has done better. Since 1980.
Geelong 2015.

In: Dangerfield, Scott Selwood, Henderson, Smith, Pick 50
Out: Dawson Simpson, pick 9, 2016 pick... what was it, about 14?, Dean Gore, Josh Walker, Jarrad Jansen, Pick 28, Pick 53

Also from memory StKilda in 2000 landed Gherig and Hamill in the same trade period where they still took 1 and 2 to the draft (Riewoldt and Kosi).

Port have landed a bounty of players who all have a LOT of potential, but each also has a significant question mark. Could be anything.

An awful lot rides on Charlie Dixon and Paddy Ryder down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back