Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have 2 3rd rounders so may be legal already
Don't think that is how it works, look at Hawks deal from last year only worked because they traded in pick from the round they traded out

Damn. They have nothing to trade for him until gibbs gets done so if that goes to the wire it will block the Ablett trade up unless we trade for Ablett separately. Would have been way simpler if he picked GC.

Geelong 2015.

In: Dangerfield, Scott Selwood, Henderson, Smith, Pick 50
Out: Dawson Simpson, pick 9, 2016 pick... what was it, about 14?, Dean Gore, Josh Walker, Jarrad Jansen, Pick 28, Pick 53

Also from memory StKilda in 2000 landed Gherig and Hamill in the same trade period where they still took 1 and 2 to the draft (Riewoldt and Kosi).

Port have landed a bounty of players who all have a LOT of potential, but each also has a significant question mark. Could be anything.

An awful lot rides on Charlie Dixon and Paddy Ryder down there.

I'm very much a Dixon believer after seeing all Port games in 2017.

Yes a little, I don't think the kid we would get with a second, third round pick this year could ever give me as much joy as those three together in the middle for the cats, even if its just for a few games.

Duncan went at 28... you can get gems in the second round, so why should we be stupid enough to give up pick22 and a player, plus pay money to gold coast... If they do this deal, then we are completely soft...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes a little, I don't think the kid we would get with a second, third round pick this year could ever give me as much joy as those three together in the middle for the cats, even if its just for a few games.

If (big IF) there had been no hint that GA was seeking to return until this morning and we had a few hours to strike a deal it would be seen as an amazing acquisition to our list. The problem of human nature is when you have a long period to digest thoughts of a likely outcome the excitement becomes dull expectation and when you reach into your wallet to pay it's easy to feel ripped off. If GAJ was unrestricted and was happy to play with any club he'd command a top 10 pick from any club in the window of premiership.

I think Carlton have pick 40 and 58. Is that right?

Correct but 40 is tied up in the kennedy trade unless they get earlier picks for gibbs so i can see lang going right to the wire. The only good news is GC pick before carlton in PSD so i dont think carlton will risk lang to psd.

All 3 players Port have picked up have been more or less forced out of their original clubs, which is worth noting. Whilst they're good additions, it's important to take into account what a player costs in terms of draft picks to acquire, as well as their cost in the salary cap.

Getting Danger on significantly less than market value is one of the biggest trade wins ever. Port are probably overpaying Rockliff and Motlop, but that's slightly offset by Melbourne contributing to Watts salary. Overall it's an excellent trade period from them, but not without compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back