Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be a round two next year, or plus taylor
Taylor and we absorb some of his wage..?

R2 next year.. yes possible. I was thinking they would want our 12 for the 5 and then we get their R1 next year with one of our picks going back.. who knows it will probably be a salad of collateral... but yes something like that

Freo won't give up pick 5 for Kelly. The list manager would be fired and rightly so
A straight P5 ..would make the trade very clear... that why I'm thinking a salad bits a pieces... maybe even a third party to really blur the trade.

5 for Kelly and 12 .. is 600 odd points around P31..so they would have to add .. something.. maybe their R2 from 2019 etc..

But it gets down to if they really want him... its been made clear that they will have to pay.. Remember we are dealing with the club that got P2 for Weller.

If nothing happens ..great. The longer we keep him..the more likely he settles.

A number of comments from round the table the other night were that if Menz has a good game against Melb or at least one good final then we’ll keep him otherwise we wont. This maybe why no news etc.

Probably just another series of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A number of comments from round the table the other night were that if Menz has a good game against Melb or at least one good final then we’ll keep him otherwise we wont. This maybe why no news etc.

Probably just another series of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would certainly hope list management decisions made by the club are not made on one game alone. There is no way Wells and Co would operate like that.

I can't see Freo giving up pick 5 for Kelly. As good as Kelly is, he isn't worth pick 5 imo, particularly in this very strong draft. The only way pick 5 gets traded to us is if our current first rounder is going back their way imo. Freo may have to throw in another pick to sweeten the deal.

But from what I understand, Kelly has no interest in joining Freo anyway. We can't trade Kelly there without his consent, even if they are stupid enough to cough up pick 5. I think he'll request a trade to WC after our finals campaign, we will probably deny it and will trade him to the Eagles at the end of next year. But I'm just speculating like everyone else.

I would certainly hope list management decisions made by the club are not made on one game alone. There is no way Wells and Co would operate like that.

The club didn't blink last year. Nothing has changed this year. Menzel would have a deal in front of him. Up to him if he wants to accept it or seek a better deal elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Freo giving up pick 5 for Kelly. As good as Kelly is, he isn't worth pick 5 imo, particularly in this very strong draft. The only way pick 5 gets traded to us is if our current first rounder is going back their way imo. Freo may have to throw in another pick to sweeten the deal.

But from what I understand, Kelly has no interest in joining Freo anyway. We can't trade Kelly there without his consent, even if they are stupid enough to cough up pick 5. I think he'll request a trade to WC after our finals campaign, we will probably deny it and will trade him to the Eagles at the end of next year. But I'm just speculating like everyone else.
I hear he's preference is Freo.

That's certainly contrary to what is being discussed and reported, but I hope you're right. We are much more likely to get a better deal from the Dockers.
Would you be happy getting overlooked year after year by the club you had contact with and were being developed by and then getting overlooked with a further two picks before finally getting your chance?

I wouldn't.

From other clubs and vfl possible options:
-Stengle: small forward. Good scoreboard impact. Richmond are stacked for small forwards and I reckon he would walk straight into our team. 8th in the frosty with 31 goals from 17 games.

-nick larkey: North melbourne. averages 2 1/2 goals in the VFL winning the frosty. Only 20 and tall. Plays as a full forward but moves around well for a tall fella. I cant see him playing in the same team as brown.

Alex fasolo: will be cheap. Hits scoreboard hard at afl level. I would consider if menzel was to leave.

Corbett: Similar to Mitch McGovern. Moves well and has very sticky hands. 190cm but plays taller. Would be a handy CHF for us despite his height.

Sam weidman: From melbourne. Looked good at both afl and vfl level. Stuck behind Hogan and McDonald (48 goals this year). Would need a reasonable pick though

Great post! We lack genuine forwards of all sizes and each one of those listed could potentially add something.

Stengle has been on my radar for a while and wouldn’t cost too much. Weideman would be a great addition but cost might be a concern as you rightly pointed out. Pick 9 in the 2015 draft and has shown enough to justify his selection. I don’t know much about Larkey and Corbett but they sound promising. The only one I’m not keen on is Fasolo due to his injury history. Could potentially be the best recruit of the lot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geelong are only considering trading Kelly if it's too good a deal to pass up. The grapevine suggests that Neale might be willing to make a move to the Lions. Freo get pick 4 and Kelly and give up Neale and pick 5. They move up in the draft order and get their Neale replacement.

Geelong get a replacement for Hawkins in the draft.

I can’t follow this.

Fremantle:
Get - Pick 4 and Kelly
Give Up - Pick 5 and Neale

Brisbane:
Get - Neale
Give Up - Pick 5

Geelong:
Get - ???
Give Up - Kelly

I can’t follow this.

Fremantle:
Get - Pick 4 and Kelly
Give Up - Pick 5 and Neale

Brisbane:
Get - Neale
Give Up - Pick 5

Geelong:
Get - ???
Give Up - Kelly

Think its Freo trade Neale to Brisbane for P5

then Freo trade P5 to Geelong for Kelly

I dont think it will be a s clean as that .. but its all just a theory atm

Would you be happy getting overlooked year after year by the club you had contact with and were being developed by and then getting overlooked with a further two picks before finally getting your chance?

I wouldn't.

Agreed, but money does talk. Didn't someone on here say WC have apparently offered him in excess of $700k per year? Not sure how true it is of course. But Freo would certainly have the cap room to make a competitive offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back