Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf those numbers are very raw - as in not accounting for the number of games played. By averages

Hawkins 2.9
Menzel 2.3

Danger 1.1
Kelly 1
Menegola 1
Gaz 0.9
Murda 0.5
Stanley 0.4
Joel 0.3
Duncan 0.3

McCarthy 1
Ratugolea 0.9
Parsons 0.8
Parfitt 0.8
Narkle 0.8
Jones 0.6
Taylor 0.6
Henry 0.4
Buzza 0.3
Fogarty 0.3
Gregson 0.3

Also you didn't mention him but Crammers has 5 going at 1.3 per game

Putting together the best 6 forwards just by goal production would give us

Narkle, Ratugolea, Parfitt
Menzel, Hawkins, McCarthy

Noting that Crammers deserves a spot over and Parsons just by numbers could stand in for Narkle or Parfitt. But I think that's pretty close to our preferred forward line tbh. It would have a combined average of 8.7 goals per game or around 191 for the year if everyone played full seasons of 22 games and maintained their averages - though obviously that's pie in the sky stuff when Linc is listed.

Probably highlights how bad our forward line is by experience and numbers if we named that against every other finals side it would be one of the worst inside the 8.
Perhaps similar to Sydney.

Westcoast
Melbourne
GWS
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Richmond

I just think it needs perspective dangerfield is our ace.

Probably highlights how bad our forward line is by experience and numbers if we named that against every other finals side it would be one of the worst inside the 8.
Perhaps similar to Sydney.

Westcoast
Melbourne
GWS
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Richmond

I just think it needs perspective dangerfield is our ace.
I'm not going to run those numbers, but I kind of doubt we'd be particularly bad. Just a little lopsided with a heavier midfield contribution, but over the course of a season the averages become pretty marginal.

Surely there's also a few Stanley threads, who should be our #1 ruck threads and injury threads etc that also say the same thing

I stopped reading the CS thread until he was re-signed but read about our interest in Goddard in other places
oh theres plenty..
The Wells is shit thread
The GFC are idiots and get bent over at the trade table thread
The Stanley ruck thread

I could go on...

But yes, theres numerous bastions of "oooops"

Go Catters

Interesting group of VFL hopefuls...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...l/news-story/77990911a4748e60369d49b46c022695

Has someone seen and liked these guys ...

MARCUS LENTINI, COBURG

The first-year Lions midfielder had an outstanding season, collecting a league equal-best 509 disposals from 18 matches. No player had more contested possessions than the Northern Knights graduate’s 254.

01201556cc03c6952cc8dd73afb3156e

Coburg midfielder Marcus Lentini.

HAYDEN McLEAN, SANDRINGHAM

The 2017 Sandringham Dragons captain finished the season with fizz, getting in the best in five of the last six matches. His strong marking and kicking make him a forward prospect but showed his competitiveness and versatility by rucking late in the season. Will be on a few AFL draft boards given his height (198cm) and agility.

1a7b0234531ce960c8de04cd0bb45f59

Hayden McLean playing for the Sandringham Dragons last year.

Murdoch... a surprise for me.. but maybe they see something we dont.

I definitely see why. Next time you're watching a game on TV, look for him laying bumps, tackles and doing some nice grunt work.

Plus he has that wonderful left foot that can punch it 50-60m. That is invaluable in a press situation.

Improvement over the past 1-2 years has been very good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I definitely see why. Next time you're watching a game on TV, look for him laying bumps, tackles and doing some nice grunt work.

Plus he has that wonderful left foot that can punch it 50-60m. That is invaluable in a press situation.

Improvement over the past 1-2 years has been very good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree.
Have always liked Murdoch, and his weaponry is needed next Friday and beyond.

Murdoch is ok as depth. I don’t mind him staying on if he is on mimimal money. And he is durable. Would rather we axe guys who never leave rehab cause they give us nothing.

He gave us plenty last week, hasn't let us down since his return.
Kicks goals as well, the knockers are struggling atm.

I'm not going to run those numbers, but I kind of doubt we'd be particularly bad. Just a little lopsided with a heavier midfield contribution, but over the course of a season the averages become pretty marginal.

No it's been particularly bad for the previous two seasons. Its continued into this one it's our Achilles heel. Finding avenues to goal outside of Hawkins and dangerfield.

And if we were talking about specific Forward 6s. Savrat, Mcarthy, Parfitt, Menzel, Hawkins, Narkle

If that would be your projected best forward 6 for next season. Two under 10 games two injury plagued forwards in menzel, McCarthy. Plus Hawkins and parfitt.

That by experience and games played plus goal kicking is particularly bad

Dangerfield, ablett, menegola will spend time forward.

Last season finals we kicked 40 points vs Richmond. 98 vs Sydney when danger kicked five and 75 vs adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's been particularly bad for the previous two seasons. Its continued into this one it's our Achilles heel. Finding avenues to goal outside of Hawkins and dangerfield.

And if we were talking about specific Forward 6s. Savrat, Mcarthy, Parfitt, Menzel, Hawkins, Narkle

If that would be your projected best forward 6 for next season. Two under 10 games two injury plagued forwards in menzel, McCarthy. Plus Hawkins and parfitt.

That by experience and games played plus goal kicking is particularly bad

Dangerfield, ablett, menegola will spend time forward.

Last season finals we kicked 40 points vs Richmond. 98 vs Sydney when danger kicked five and 75 vs adelaide.
what we lack is the gunston and bruest type
etc

and thats where henry offers a point of difference
and for the final time, if jj and fogarty cant bring out poppy numbers in tackles and goals they are not locks

From other clubs and vfl possible options:
-Stengle: small forward. Good scoreboard impact. Richmond are stacked for small forwards and I reckon he would walk straight into our team. 8th in the frosty with 31 goals from 17 games.

-nick larkey: North melbourne. averages 2 1/2 goals in the VFL winning the frosty. Only 20 and tall. Plays as a full forward but moves around well for a tall fella. I cant see him playing in the same team as brown.

Alex fasolo: will be cheap. Hits scoreboard hard at afl level. I would consider if menzel was to leave.

Corbett: Similar to Mitch McGovern. Moves well and has very sticky hands. 190cm but plays taller. Would be a handy CHF for us despite his height.

Sam weidman: From melbourne. Looked good at both afl and vfl level. Stuck behind Hogan and McDonald (48 goals this year). Would need a reasonable pick though

From other clubs and vfl possible options:
-Stengle: small forward. Good scoreboard impact. Richmond are stacked for small forwards and I reckon he would walk straight into our team. 8th in the frosty with 31 goals from 17 games.

-nick larkey: North melbourne. averages 2 1/2 goals in the VFL winning the frosty. Only 20 and tall. Plays as a full forward but moves around well for a tall fella. I cant see him playing in the same team as brown.

Alex fasolo: will be cheap. Hits scoreboard hard at afl level. I would consider if menzel was to leave.

Corbett: Similar to Mitch McGovern. Moves well and has very sticky hands. 190cm but plays taller. Would be a handy CHF for us despite his height.

Sam weidman: From melbourne. Looked good at both afl and vfl level. Stuck behind Hogan and McDonald (48 goals this year). Would need a reasonable pick though

Fasolo is a free agent and already linked to Carlton with talk that he will sign a 3-year deal to go there

Lachie Neale is being linked to Brisbane for their P5 ... does this then give them picks to get Hogan or if Hogan doesn't want to move... maybe this pick gives them and us something worthy of discussion for Kelly.

Im sure there would be a range of of possible deals .. could we get a pick that early from Freo? Probably not by itself.. but it shows how it can all change quickly.

Lachie Neale is being linked to Brisbane for their P5 ... does this then give them picks to get Hogan or if Hogan doesn't want to move... maybe this pick gives them and us something worthy of discussion for Kelly.

Im sure there would be a range of of possible deals .. could we get a pick that early from Freo? Probably not by itself.. but it shows how it can all change quickly.
lachlan will be linked in with beams
watch this space

I would still be hesitant to trade Kelly for pick 5. Considering how well he’s playing and projected to play plus what the club has said it will need to be an offer you can’t refuse. Something like freo’s pick and 5 for Kelly and something back from geelong.
In 2 years time Kelly could be Geelong’s best player. If you’re offering him $700’000 plus you need to cough up for the trade. He’s already a better player than Polac who North will give a top ten pick for.

I would still be hesitant to trade Kelly for pick 5. Considering how well he’s playing and projected to play plus what the club has said it will need to be an offer you can’t refuse. Something like freo’s pick and 5 for Kelly and something back from geelong.
In 2 years time Kelly could be Geelong’s best player. If you’re offering him $700’000 plus you need to cough up for the trade. He’s already a better player than Polac who North will give a top ten pick for.

I understand all of that .. I have said it multiple times before ..Option One is sign Kelly long term.... but if he doesn't want to sign long term and we are a chance to move our pick that early plus get something else ... it would be interesting to see what we do. It would be our earliest pick since we got comp for losing players to Freo ..that got SKing. 20 something years ago.

Fasolo is a free agent and already linked to Carlton with talk that he will sign a 3-year deal to go there
Good..

Pass

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back