Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No way would I trade Kelly and pick 11 for pick 4. Freo don’t have a second round pick either. For me it’d be pick 4/5 plus something for Kelly. Picking up kids in the draft is great but against a known player so much can go wrong makes me nervous.
Can we get Pick 4 and 5 that would make me work out a trade.
Kelly and our future first
Or Kelly and this years pick

I’d still rather he stayed and the 3 players I’d be very keen on will most likely go top 3.

As good as the mids are .. we can get good mids even at 12 ... id say the risk is worth the speculation of fining a Hawkins replacement. Yes risk.. and MaxK is not a perfect player but he marks so strongly I doubt he is comparable to lighter weight KPF players

We won’t get max king with pick 5/6... he will go before that. Might get Ben King thought.

I think with pick 5/6 ( kelly scenario) and pick 12 we go for best available.

Our premiership team of 2007 was built off picking best availble at all times. If we went for needs we would have never picked up Joel Selwood.

He could be available at our current pick from what I’ve read.

The thing is .. "Could"... Im certain thats why Wells sometimes call a rainmaker.. he doesn't think they will last till the next pick. If you want a certain player then it probably means an early call.

There are quite a few handy looking players.. some have a heap of different talent that would appeal..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/3e632480d76f92ab844973d18586c028

Curtis Taylor for instance looks a Menzel replacement.

CURTIS TAYLOR

Half-forward/midfielder, 186cm, 79kg, Calder Cannons

Buckenara says: Taylor has a touch of class about him. He shows genuine footy nous and a good goal sense, while he can also push up into the midfield. He’s got good speed, is a long kick and can influence a game without winning a heap of the ball.

Plays like: Isaac Heeney (Sydney Swans)

and Connor Rozee

CONNOR ROZEE

Midfielder, 184cm, 72kg, North Adelaide

Buckenara says: Another South Australian who has really impressed, Rozee has footy smarts and is a good decision-maker with ball in hand. He shows great poise and is a really skilful player.

Plays like: Bryce Gibbs (Adelaide)

..but I think IF we found the Hawkins replacement .. it would be nice to find Joels replacement ..or at least a candidate for it..

XAVIER O’HALLORAN

Midfielder, 186cm, 82kg, Western Jets

Buckenara says: O’Halloran is a genuine ball winner. He’s a brilliant kick, is clean with his hands and makes good decisions on most occasions. Named Western Jets captain this year, so shows great leadership potential.

Plays like: Luke Parker (Sydney Swans)

Now he may be an early-ish call but adding more leadership options with ball winning and kicking ability..

We won’t get max king with pick 5/6... he will go before that. Might get Ben King thought.

I think with pick 5/6 ( kelly scenario) and pick 12 we go for best available.

Our premiership team of 2007 was built off picking best availble at all times. If we went for needs we would have never picked up Joel Selwood.

One does not really know... check these type of threads each year. There is always one or two guys that you are never going to get, bound for the first handful ..that slip. Marshall at 16 , Lever at 14 , Grundy at 18 , Darling at 26 even 2mp at 8 was later than many thought thru the year... Just saying id not be 100% certain... and on top of that we really dont know what the in draft trade are going to do this year..Have a look at the Buckenara article I linked he has Ben before him.

Geelong are only considering trading Kelly if it's too good a deal to pass up. The grapevine suggests that Neale might be willing to make a move to the Lions. Freo get pick 4 and Kelly and give up Neale and pick 5. They move up in the draft order and get their Neale replacement.

Geelong get a replacement for Hawkins in the draft.

I can’t follow this.

Fremantle:
Get - Pick 4 and Kelly
Give Up - Pick 5 and Neale

Brisbane:
Get - Neale
Give Up - Pick 5

Geelong:
Get - ???
Give Up - Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think its Freo trade Neale to Brisbane for P5

then Freo trade P5 to Geelong for Kelly

I dont think it will be a s clean as that .. but its all just a theory atm

It doesn’t read that way.

Im not sure what you mean .. read which post?

Nakia’s OP doesn’t read the way you suggested.

Fans really overrate draft picks. No way an I happy doing Kelly for pick 5 with the way he's stepped up in the second half of the year. As for a Hawkins replacement Ratugolea is more certain to be that than any draftees. Plan A is to get Kelly to resign this year. Plan B is to keep him for next year and convince him to resign. If all else fails we get what we can next year.

Nakia’s OP doesn’t read the way you suggested.

It all speculation I mentioned the idea of deal even before Nakia ... whether its this pick or that pick etc..is all too precise atm.. .. read some of the Freo posters on the Kelly thread ..there are still some that think they can get him for P22

Nakia's speculated idea the way I interpret it ..
..Freo have a R1 pick at 5.
They trade Neale to Brisbane for their R1 pick 4
They keep Brisbane's pick (one earlier) and trade their pick to us for kelly

and of course all the picks may move back one due to FA comp to GoldCoast

Last edited:
The thing is .. "Could"... Im certain thats why Wells sometimes call a rainmaker.. he doesn't think they will last till the next pick. If you want a certain player then it probably means an early call.

There are quite a few handy looking players.. some have a heap of different talent that would appeal..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/3e632480d76f92ab844973d18586c028

CURTIS TAYLOR

Buckenara says: Taylor has a touch of class about him. He shows genuine footy nous and a good goal sense, while he can also push up into the midfield. He’s got good speed, is a long kick and can influence a game without winning a heap of the ball.

and Connor Rozee

CONNOR ROZEE

Buckenara says: Another South Australian who has really impressed, Rozee has footy smarts and is a good decision-maker with ball in hand. He shows great poise and is a really skilful player.

..but I think IF we found the Hawkins replacement .. it would be nice to find Joels replacement ..or at least a candidate for it..

XAVIER O’HALLORAN

Buckenara says: O’Halloran is a genuine ball winner. He’s a brilliant kick, is clean with his hands and makes good decisions on most occasions. Named Western Jets captain this year, so shows great leadership potential.

Now he may be an early-ish call but adding more leadership options with ball winning and kicking ability..
I was really hoping we’d take Worpel last draft. I thought he could potentially take Selwood’s spot one day. Brownless and Scott have early leadership skills. And Constable seems like a player that if he can be a good afl player would be a very good leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really hoping we’d take Worpel last draft. I thought he could potentially take Selwood’s spot one day. Brownless and Scott have early leadership skills. And Constable seems like a player that if he can be a good afl player would be a very good leader.

I really liked Worpell as a bottom ager .. he stood out as a possible R1 pick.. then top age he was Capt of the Falcons had a less outstanding year and slipped. Obviously with all these guys we make judgements on what we see..and the clubs have a lot more to judge on.. but Id have liked him to. Im happy with the group we added ..and you cant have them all but Worpell , a Geelong boy , with leadership experience , plays it hard etc... and now playing with Haw. Headshake.

Thats done..but Brownless is one ..and we have a chance to add more. Joel is good for a couple more.. and the next Capt will probably be bridge to the guy after as I really dont see a long term Capt on our list atm. that is 22-26.

But what if Izak Rankine is in the mix? I mean isn't he the ultimate small forward option we desire? I mean he could push in the midfield for that x-factor also?

He will be around for Pick 5, if that's on the table for Kelly.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/a3d48805e72d3610244322815fb9dc5c

Lets face it ..who knows who will have what picks by the time of the names being called... If somehow the Crows managed to acquire P1 and P2 ..then they would take Luc and Rankine.

CURTIS TAYLOR

and Connor Rozee

CONNOR ROZEE

XAVIER O’HALLORAN

I got invited down to a Western Jets session earlier this year, met Xavier.
A fantastic young kid and the coaches said to me he’s the best leader they have seen down there.
Oozes class, don’t know too much about his playing ability but I would be happy to draft him at some stage just for his leadership qualities.

I guess it’s possible the suns take the King twins together. Which would leave lukosius and Rankine available at pick 4. If we could get Lukosius that could change things. I’d still be happier with something added to the pick maybe a player like Darcy.

Is there anyone left? May, Magovern, Moore, Neale, Hogan, Preuss, Wingard, Lloyd (Syd), Hanneberry, Wallis,

Good list, there are some handy players there, not sure we can afford any of them though which is the real issue and why I suspect we will be going to the draft.

Talk is the dees are heavily into Preuss, and he is sick of playing vfl. Can't see the point of him going there cause he is then stuck behind Gawn. Makes zero sense.

But it looks like he wants out. Do we look at him? We aren't giving up a round 1 pick for him though, so not sure what else we have. We have no 2nd round pick.

One does not really know... check these type of threads each year. There is always one or two guys that you are never going to get, bound for the first handful ..that slip. Marshall at 16 , Lever at 14 , Grundy at 18 , Darling at 26 even 2mp at 8 was later than many thought thru the year... Just saying id not be 100% certain... and on top of that we really dont know what the in draft trade are going to do this year..Have a look at the Buckenara article I linked he has Ben before him.

That’s quite interesting he has him ahead of max. I don’t follow the draft beyond dabbling in the odd thread for a read every other week.

Pre surgery they all had max ahead of Ben and a top 3 pick. Maybe that’s changed since operation and could be good for us.

That’s quite interesting he has him ahead of max. I don’t follow the draft beyond dabbling in the odd thread for a read every other week.

Pre surgery they all had max ahead of Ben and a top 3 pick. Maybe that’s changed since operation and could be good for us.

Ben was alway the backman... now he has shown he can play both end at that level.. so it would not surprise me if Max slips..history says its possible.

There is enough talent..in the top 10 to 15 that you get a good player.. its just do you get a rare talent or one you get a chance more often to pick up.

There is more chance of getting a mid/ute type post 20 than a star KPF. For every potential type like Sav.. there is Parfitt,Kelly, Stewart etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back