Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they see Hayes as a ruckman heir why did they sign Lycett for 5 years? Hayes would have to play forward IMO.

Hayes has just done his ACL, you can’t pin your #1 ruck hopes on him. Paddy Ryder has said Hayes is the next best ruckman at the club. In his first pre-season Ryder already had him ahead of Ladhams and Frampton. Frampton is also extremely weak between the ears.

Its not really its obvious he wants to stay but his mrs wants to go home and WCE have burned him many times. While I think him going back to WA in 12months is the most likely outcome it's far from certain.

Id put of box a magnums on it ... thats a big bet for me. we are not going to offer the type of dollars WC have imo.

Id just give him fair warning , we dont we to be the ones messing you around Tim.....if WC come knocking again... inform them that it will take an R1 min ..maybe some icing ..or we may have a stalemate yet again.. and WC do have a history of dropping you like a stone... of course your performance in 2109 will come into consideration.. if we feel that you have gone above and beyond , and if you and yours make an effort be harmonious ...then maybe we do it just for their r1.. he was close to winning a B&F this year... would not surprise for him to give a real shake if he can step up in 2019..

Last edited:
Hayes has just done his ACL, you can’t pin your #1 ruck hopes on him. Paddy Ryder has said Hayes is the next best ruckman at the club. In his first pre-season Ryder already had him ahead of Ladhams and Frampton. Frampton is also extremely weak between the ears.

but imo plays a good guitar ... but then again..you may not feel the way I do...

In a SA heavy draft..for them to pick a tall Vic would be gamble imo..considering its borderline whether drafting tall or targeting a tall in trade is the way to go
of course if one landed at Port and another at stk... waiklin twins again..

but imo plays a good guitar ... but then again..you may not feel the way I do...

In a SA heavy draft..for them to pick a tall Vic would be gamble imo..considering its borderline whether drafting tall or targeting a tall in trade is the way to go
of course if one landed at Port and another at stk... waiklin twins again..

I agree, the logical choice for them would be Rozee, they could stick him on the recently vacated Polec wing.

But all the chat is they’re going tall and they’re extremely keen on M.King. Doesn’t make sense given they’ve deliberately avoided VIC Metro kids for retention reasons.

The main reason to take Pickett TBH is that he's pretty plug and play which appeals to a flag window team and he would add the outside run that we don't have much of. He's not the only state league option there but he's s good one. The fact that he's close to Kelly and he'd be under contract at the end of 2019 which would force the Eagles to cough up something decent for both of them (assuming they want to go home together) is merely a bonus.

Be interesting to see where McHenry goes. I think top 25.
Do you think Wells will take Pickett at 50 or 51.

I can see McHenry going at 20 to the Eagles regardless of any potential Kelly trade.

Id put of box of magnums on it ... thats a big bet for me. we are not going to offer the type of dollars WC have imo.

WC are not going to have that much money. They have just signed up McGovern and Gaff to big money.

All the players that just won a flag that will need to be signed in the next 12 months are going to want more money.

The slice of the pie they offered Tim this year is going to shrink.

Agree, sounds like GWS are very keen. We’re continuously linked to RCD, Stocker and Valente, so I think it will be one of them. Against popular opinion, I’d take Valente out of those three. There’s a reason he won SA’s MVP ahead of Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee.

There is just not way we take Valente. Take that to the bank!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

XO's athleticism is legend and he's a big accumulator, underrated l reckon inside or outside.
Stellar combine results.
Like every year the draft will go nothing like people think.

I personally do not believe that this draft falls off dramatically after 10 as some make out and XD and XO are an example of this IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if GWS take one of these guys at 9 or 11.

XD, XOH, Valente and especially Bailey Williams are being overlooked by the fans but I doubt they are being overlooked by the scouts.

Like every year the draft will go nothing like people think.
Totally agree with this.

I personally do not believe that this draft falls off dramatically after 10 as some make out
No sure about this though, if it was a strong draft and there were good players to be taken in the 20's i'm sure we would have seriously looked at those 2 picks in the 20's that were offered up for Kelly, but because they were dismissed so quickly i'm leaning to this draft being weak after 10.

I want a tall mid, but one that does all that RCD struggles to do.
Jackson Hately has all those things in abundance not only that but he's 12 mths younger than RCD and already playing senior footy.
His averages in seniors are better than RCD manages at U18 level, who's really got more upside and he's just turned 18.
Yeah, have to agree. Hately is the better prospect between him an RCD.

I probably would oppose the RCD selection, but with Hately I am a bit indifferent. I have to admit neither excite me much either.

Hately is more likely to be a dependable type rather than an outright gun at AFL level. I think his pace may be a slight concern at AFL level. They say he is 190cm, not exactly Cripps 195cm size, but not bad either. I think his size will be less an advantage at AFL level as it had been at U18 level, as most sides have mids around the 188-191 size to match up against. He would have to be elite in stoppages/clearances to be effective at AFL.

Totally agree with this.

No sure about this though, if it was a strong draft and there were good players to be taken in the 20's i'm sure we would have seriously looked at those 2 picks in the 20's that were offered up for Kelly, but because they were dismissed so quickly i'm leaning to this draft being weak after 10.
I personally believe that this draft is ridiculously strong in that top 15 range.

I truly think that the GFC valued Kelly at a pick in that top 10 range and WC just couldn't come up with it.

The draft will be interesting due to geographical reasons (SA kids) and F/S and Academy/NGA bids.

Lukosius
Rankine
Rozee
Valente
Hately

Will be probably be gone by pick 10 IMO and if not, 16 at the latest.

Walsh
M.King
B.King
Smith
Jones

Will most likely be the top ten in some order IMO. (Without bids)

Blakey
Thomas
Quaynor
Briggs

All elite prospects IMO.

B.Scott
W.Kelly

A lot better than given credit for.

There are at least 7 bids in the top 40 IMO.

The top 10 + those 7 are 17 top tier talents, not including

RCD
Williams
Caldwell
Clark
Sturt
Hill
McHenry
Butters
O'Halloran
Dursma
Stocker
Smith
Taylor

30 good prospects there IMO and I'd be forgetting some!

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
B.King
Rozee
Smith

The quality of these guys is immense and overshadows the extraordinary talent of the rest of the crop IMO.

In 8 years I would not be surprised if Walsh was the best mid in the AFL

Lukosius the best third tall forward

Rankine the best small forward

M.King the best KPF

B.King the best KPD

And Smith was captain of his team.

I'd also not be surprised if Quaynor, Duursma and O'Halloran were not some of the best flankers or pockets in the league.

Duursma and O'Halloran are captaincy material also IMO.

This draft is deep through to our range IMO.

“We’ll be looking to improve our position in the draft if at all possible, even trading future picks on the night,” Wells said.

This is what I refer to when I think that we will trade up. Nothing set in stone but the last part implies something may happen

I would be happy if we could snare one of Caldwell, Clark or Butters. They look very classy with ball in hand, look like they make good decisions and have some pace about them. Butters especially looks like he loves to take the game on.

Yeah, have to agree. Hately is the better prospect between him an RCD.

I probably would oppose the RCD selection, but with Hately I am a bit indifferent. I have to admit neither excite me much either.

Hately is more likely to be a dependable type rather than an outright gun at AFL level. I think his pace may be a slight concern at AFL level. They say he is 190cm, not exactly Cripps 195cm size, but not bad either. I think his size will be less an advantage at AFL level as it had been at U18 level, as most sides have mids around the 188-191 size to match up against. He would have to be elite in stoppages/clearances to be effective at AFL.

Latest is he's 191/192cm very young at just turned 18.
runs 3.05 and a near 22 yoyo so speed no issues don't know his 3km time, but the yoyo endurance is elite.
Big guys don't bother him in the SANFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back