Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has huge performances across the season the knockers don't or won't acknowledge. If they scrutinized others to the same degree we wouldn't pick anyone.

I just don't want another 180cm mid with a very good pick opportunity.
Ely Smith is a monster mid with huge combine stas etc, who can say he won't be a champion? It's a raffle without the best of intel.
Not knocking Hately. Like the kid. Just want someone of quality.

I think it will be Sturt if we don't go for RCD or Hately. Pretty confident of that.

613-886354-300x300_original.png

I don't really have any problem with that. Some of the best running defenders in the game almost never defend. The absolute best at the moment Rory Laird never picks up a man.

Completely agree. It also happens to be the biggest hole in our list at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cal twomey in his podcast said that the hawks may look to trade 2019 1st rounder to eagles for pick 20.

That gives the eagles 2 round 1 selections next year to easily get the Kelly deal done.
Dont worry they will trade them both out just to screw Kelly for another year!!!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal twomey in his podcast said that the hawks may look to trade 2019 1st rounder to eagles for pick 20.

That gives the eagles 2 round 1 selections next year to easily get the Kelly deal done.
We should still ask for a future 1st over and above then. I hope Freo outbid them and give us the kitchen sink as well. I reckon they'll have it to give and if Lobb and Hogan look dangerous if they get another quality mid, they might throw in a bowl as well.

I think the opposite, I reckon Smith would be perfect to add that extra midfield spark
I think that we'd be lucky to get either.

Smith is the more likely to fall IMO.

He is likely to get consideration from St. Kilda at 4, GC at 6, the Doggies at 7 and GWS at 9 or 11.

I can see Ben King getting consideration from St. Kilda at 4, Port at 5 and 10 and the doggies at 7.

I could see it going

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
Rozee
Hately
B.King
Jones
Caldwell
Valente
RCD
Smith

He is likely to get consideration from St. Kilda at 4, GC at 6, the Doggies at 7 and GWS at 9 or 11.

I can see Ben King getting consideration from St. Kilda at 4, Port at 5 and 10 and the doggies at 7.

I could see it going

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
Rozee
Hately
B.King
Jones
Caldwell
Valente
RCD
Smith
Valente interesting...is there strong top 12 interest?

Now heres a bloke screaming ..give me a chance..

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...s/news-story/666b0370b50a25ff9cb04d88f7c3aa1a

“You play against AFL-listed players and you feel like you’ve smashed them or beaten them on the day and then they go up and play AFL the week after, so it can be a little bit frustrating thinking ‘if I was on an AFL list over the past few years, would I have been playing AFL instead of state league?’” Bolton said.

“You think ‘is it merely because I am not on an AFL list that I am not playing AFL?’ So I played against guys over here like Dom Sheed, and he has gone in and out and then he was a grand final hero, so you think if you have matched it with him or beaten him, it gives you confidence that I think I would be able to come in and contribute to an AFL club...

I could see it going

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
Rozee
Hately
B.King
Jones
Caldwell
Valente
RCD
Smith

You’ve missed Clark.

I really like the idea of Smith and/or King falling to us.

Ben King is exactly the type of player we need IMO.
It isn't likely, but one would think that because of the go home factor, Adelaide would be into Hately and could take him at 8. Bailey Smith could go to the dogs, but if King still around I reckon they'll go for him with the troubles they've had with big players. Boyd mental health, Roughead gone, Campbell couldn't make it, English still very young. Toss up between Smith and King for them. Then we wait and see if he falls.
If King got to us, we could work very hard to coax big Max from the Saints. If they don't pick up over the next 2 years, I reckon a lot of see you later will be happening for them.
Would love Smith though because we haven't had a real handsome factor since Jimmy retired. More women as members would be a good thing. Smith runs hard both ways which we have lacked.
Would love to see Smith, Parfitt, Cockatoo, Menegola, (Kelly??), Constable, Narkle, Fogarty running the middle in 3 years time. Danger up forward for his last couple of seasons
I would also like to see Ratagolea taking my old number (and Doug Wade if you want our second best number 23 in the conversation) and kicking the pants off the goals. Another hundred goalkicker in the 23. I reckon this will become more possible with the positioning to start next year. The Dangerfield bomb could become more effective.
We'll change the names to Ratagoalea and Menegoala

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back