Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The success of Jack Graham and James Worpel in the past two seasons leads me to believe these types will no longer slide down the order.

Graham and Worpel are different. There was never that much of a concern over their speed and spread to my mind. More their skills and Valente is the complete opposite.

I said last year that I would take Worpel as high as 12.

People might knock Valente but he'll probably be playing seniors next year and making a difference while upside players are coming to terms with the magoos.

To be fair as I have already said they are totally different players. One moves pretty well with decent speed and is super tough but has questionable skills. The other has question marks over his movement but never his skills.

Graham and Worpel are different. There was never that much of a concern over their speed and spread to my mind. More their skills and Valente is the complete opposite.

There was definitely concern over Graham's speed. I've seen a few experts compare Valente to Sam Mitchell recently, I don't personally see the similarities, though Valente does seem to get to great spots and read the play extremely well.

The draft is an inexact science.

Every recruiter would have a different big board and I imagine it would differ wildly from the media and posters like us.

Wells might consider RCD, Butters, Jones etc higher than Caldwell, Clark, Hately etc.

Lukosius and Rankine have both been touted as once in a generation talents, yet Walsh just had one of the most decorated junior careers of all time and is a lock to go number one.

Ben King just had a great season and yet is most likely to be drafted after his injured brother.

Max King is a lock for pick 4 IMO but if Ben King is not selected at 5 or 7 he might make it to 12.

Similarly, Bailey Smith is the main competition for M.King at 4 but might make it to 12, if he makes it past 6 and 7.

Caldwell might go at 6,7,9 or 11 IMO.

Jones might go at 6,8,9,10 or 11 IMO.

Hately might go 6,8,9,10,11,12,13 or 16.

I can see RCD as high as 9 and as low as 17.

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
Rozee
Caldwell
B.King
Jones
RCD
Hately
Clark
Smith
Valente
Hill

Or

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
M.King
Rozee
Smith
Caldwell
Jones
RCD
Hately
Clark
B.King
Valente
Hill

I have a feeling that if the picks stay as they currently are then GWS take Hately and Clark. One mid and one running defender. We can only hope that Butters is in their sights. If he goes in and/or Jones then we are a shot.

There was definitely concern over Graham's speed. I've seen a few experts compare Valente to Sam Mitchell recently, I don't personally see the similarities, though Valente does seem to get to great spots and read the play extremely well.

Yeah I never thought so. To me he was always somewhat of a power athlete and had good accelaration. I think the mitchell comparisons might be more bout how perfect he is on both sides of his body. He is literally exactly the same off both sides and can kick it 55 with either. I have seen him line up for goal on his left before.

I have a feeling that if the picks stay as they currently are then GWS take Hately and Clark. One mid and one running defender. We can only hope that Butters is in their sights. If he goes in and/or Jones then we are a shot.
I can see GWS bidding on Blakey at 9 (if WB don't at 7)

Jones
Hately
Clark
Butters
RCD
Valente

I can see two of these guys going at 9 and 11

One going at 8

And one going at 10

Butters is a real smokey IMO.

Trying not to get excited but if we can land Bailey Smith it will be a great day indeed.

I wouldn't get too excited. I can't see him getting to us under any scenario. If the Bulldogs don't take him one of the interstate teams will take a chance on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have been holding back in the sprints to keep bids down?

That's quite possible,
At the Combine he was fantastic in the endurance trials which to me is far more important than a tenth or two over a straight one off sprint for 20 mts
Football is really repeated efforts over varying stints so l reckon he's strong where he needs to be.

Last edited:
Most likely scenario
1. Walsh
2. Lekosius
3. Rankine
4. M.King
5. Rozee
6. B.King
7. B.Smith
8. Hately
9. Caldwell
10. Butters