Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we're chasing Josh Kelly for the next off season. Anyone else heard such rumours?
Haven't yet, but we wouldn't be able to match North under our pay structure anyway. Especially since they still have all that 'Gaff money' to play with.

For mine, I would really rather us have a crack at Coniglio if we could. He's exactly the type of player I want in the team. Full of grunt, never gets caught (seriously, he always somehow gets his boot to the ball lol), and influences games in a huge way. Would likely be cheaper than Kelly too. He seems pretty loyal though, so I doubt he'd leave. But I'd love it if we could grab him, as he's pretty much one of my favourite players to watch haha.

Haven't yet, but we wouldn't be able to match North under our pay structure anyway. Especially since they still have all that 'Gaff money' to play with.

For mine, I would really rather us have a crack at Coniglio if we could. He's exactly the type of player I want in the team. Full of grunt, never gets caught (seriously, he always somehow gets his boot to the ball lol), and influences games in a huge way. Would likely be cheaper than Kelly too. He seems pretty loyal though, so I doubt he'd leave. But I'd love it if we could grab him, as he's pretty much one of my favourite players to watch haha.

Reading the WCE board during the trade pros and the Kelly saga - seems that there's a good number of WCE fans who would rather chase Coniglio next year compared with Kelly; the want to see if he wants to return home to WA & they believe he would be the better long term option between the 2

Reading the WCE board during the trade pros and the Kelly saga - seems that there's a good number of WCE fans who would rather chase Coniglio next year compared with Kelly; the want to see if he wants to return home to WA & they believe he would be the better long term option between the 2

Yeah I've seen that. It would be the most hilarious thing in the world to me if Kelly got rejected an EIGHTH time, for another player. The 'they're just not that into you' memes, alone, would be incredible.

Yeah I've seen that. It would be the most hilarious thing in the world to me if Kelly got rejected an EIGHTH time, for another player. The 'they're just not that into you' memes, alone, would be incredible.
Little Timmy didn't want to go to Freo because of the Hill's apparently.
What if West Coast draft Hill?
What if both WA club have Hill's?
Is it a Hill too far?

Blicavs was a cat b rookie for 3 years

Just read into it here...

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/rookie-players

"IRISH ROOKIE PRE-SELECTION

Irish players can be signed directly to a club’s Rookie List under the International Player Rule and do not have to go through the draft. Previously, Irish players could not be listed as Category B rookies but took a spot on the main Rookie List.

Clubs can now list one Irish player as a Category B rookie but for each additional Irish player rookie listed, that player will be deemed to be a Category A rookie and the club will forfeit its last selection in the Rookie Draft for each additional player listed."

So suspect the signing of Okunbor meant they wanted him to be the B list guy, and given O'Connor has been a rookie for 2 years, he's had to be elevated.

The best part of those discussions was how some believe that by rejecting a trade for Kelly & chasing Coniglio instead it was also somehow sticking it to Geelong o_O

I think their idea was, "trade for Coniglio & we'll pick up Kelly in the draft".

I thinking that if WCE make no attempt to trade for Kelly next year, that Kelly may decide that entering the draft in the hope of getting to WCE may not be the best option as it provides no security of where he will actually end up playing

Last edited:
The list of delisted free agents is nothing exciting and I can’t see much that would add much to our team. Would potentially look at Goddard to help with future key defensive area but would prefer a rookie spot.

The list of delisted free agents is nothing exciting and I can’t see much that would add much to our team. Would potentially look at Goddard to help with future key defensive area but would prefer a rookie spot.
This may be a silly question - but across the league, have there been many delisted free agents who when picked up by a new team, have actually done something substantial at their new club or are they seen more as a top up option with a year or 2 before being delisted again?

Wow
Some list of talent on the delisted free agents compile
Josh Smith and Adam Oxley from Pies
Jesse Lonergan from Gold Coast
Tim Mohr and Lachie Tiziani at GWS
Brady Grey from Freo
Jake Neade from Port Adelaide
Nathan Freeman from StKilda
Harry Dear from Adelaide
Kieran Lovell from Hawthorn

For mine, I reckon Grey, Smith, Lonergan, Freeman and Mohr would be worth having a look at
For me no to them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little Timmy didn't want to go to Freo because of the Hill's apparently.
What if West Coast draft Hill?
What if both WA club have Hill's?
Is it a Hill too far?

You might say...that that would be a Hill-arious outcome...

More Hills for the wife to climb I guess...

Last edited:
no thank you
BACKGROUND
Originally taken by Collingwood with pick No. 10 in the 2013 National Draft, Freeman spent two injury plagued seasons with the Magpies before requesting a trade to St Kilda at the end of 2015.

The Sandringham Dragons product has been consistently sidelined by injury throughout his time in the AFL system

we already have that position well covered ........

BACKGROUND
Originally taken by Collingwood with pick No. 10 in the 2013 National Draft, Freeman spent two injury plagued seasons with the Magpies before requesting a trade to St Kilda at the end of 2015.

The Sandringham Dragons product has been consistently sidelined by injury throughout his time in the AFL system

we already have that position well covered ........

Bloke has lost all his pace, which was his big point of difference initially.

Be surprised if anyone picks him up.

This may be a silly question - but across the league, have there been many delisted free agents who when picked up by a new team, have actually done something substantial at their new club or are they seen more as a top up option with a year or 2 before being delisted again?
I think some have played some good games but I can’t think of any that have gone on to have good careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back