Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on who has what picks but i cant see stephens getting past freo/nth at 7/8 (both need wingers and better ball users) and i think flanders would appeal to adel/syd which is probably why the talk of us being keen on pick 3 or 4 is real.

Absolutely agree.

I like it because it might unlock the top 5 thing.
13 & 32 in for 17 and 24 out
14 + FR1 to Adel for 4 (if it needs a future 2nd or something thrown in to get it over the line do that).
36 and 37 to Freo for 22.
4 gets you Flanders 13 i would say is likely to get you one of c stephens robertson jackson (or kemp if you are lucky) and 22 and 32 left for sliders. Id be happy with that.

(22 is dead to freo bc of henry they would trade it for 36 and 37 (extra bid points) so you could get back in the 20s that way).
I don’t mind it but 13 + F1R isn’t getting four imo. By throwing in more it’s just not worth it for one player.

I’m that scenario I like 4, 14, 22, 32. Still we won’t have 4 picks this year unless we cut or trade an unexpected contracted player.

I like it because it might unlock the top 5 thing.
13 & 32 in for 17 and 24 out
14 + FR1 to Adel for 4 (if it needs a future 2nd or something thrown in to get it over the line do that).
36 and 37 to Freo for 22.
4 gets you Flanders 13 i would say is likely to get you one of c stephens robertson jackson (or kemp if you are lucky) and 22 and 32 left for sliders. Id be happy with that.

(22 is dead to freo bc of henry they would trade it for 36 and 37 (extra bid points) so you could get back in the 20s that way).

Like that scenario P_O.

4 - Flanders
13 - McAsey
22 - C.Stephens/Sharp
32 - ?

I don’t mind it but 13 + F1R isn’t getting four imo. By throwing in more it’s just not worth it for one player.

I’m that scenario I like 4, 14, 22, 32. Still we won’t have 4 picks this year unless we cut or trade an unexpected contracted player.

6 was 12 and 18 so i think its ballpark. I also think flanders is worth it.
List spots are an issue. Maybe we trade someone or we trade 32 for steven and a future pick?

Like that scenario P_O.

4 - Flanders
13 - McAsey
22 - C.Stephens/Sharp
32 - ?

I prefer jackson and robertson over mcasey but i dont mind that. Maybe taylor at 32? I also like oneill but we have a few of that type.

Anyone want to hazard a guess who we take with our picks if we don’t trade up?

14 - Kemp
17 - C.Stephens
24 - Taheny
36 - Riccardi
37 -

Don’t think we’ll take 5

My guess:
14 - Deven Robertson
17 - Jeremy Sharp
24 - Cooper Stevens
36 - Nick Bryan
37 - Jack Steven (Trade)

Flanders is a better forward than midfielder. Think Gray. He is close to Anderson on ability.

I wouldnt pick Taylor in the top 40. Struggled to turn up to footy in his own state

I have a feeling Robertson may be a bolter. Shredded some of the better names listed near the top of the draft

Robertson is hard to rank bc hes very good at everything without being elite at anything. He ranks very highly for character though which clubs like.

I agree flanders is a game changer.

Would have the dogs ahead on points value.
Gives them options to trade for Keath, probably 24 to Adelaide for Keath and Adelaides 49.

If the dogs trade for points it would be for future picks though i think not trading that way. I think they still want a R1 this year.

I think we'll end up delisting Cunico, Selwood, Smith & Buzza from the list and might see Henderson seek other opportunities. Four IMO is possible with Steven coming in.

We talking about D or C Stephens? D will go in the first 10 for sure. C is harder to predict - but his testing would allay the fears on some clubs. Thinking now 15-22 is his range.

Cooper Stephens i was referring to. Brisbane is the club that would worry me there-they prefer vic country over vic metro players.

I think we'll end up delisting Cunico, Selwood, Smith & Buzza from the list and might see Henderson seek other opportunities. Four IMO is possible with Steven coming in.

Zuthrie and Simpson have to be elevated though so all those guys out still only gives you 3 picks with Steven in unless you trade someone else. I wonder if anyone wants Henderson hes probably worth more to us than we would get in a trade at his age.

Instead of packaging up multiple picks in order to get a better pick, which players could we add instead?

We need to try and keep as many good picks as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree 10-20...if you could guarantee me he gets to 17 id happily trade 14 and a future 1st for a top 5 pick. Then youd get 2 potentially elite players.

I think people are getting way too obsessed with Cooper's combine numbers. He doesn't play the way he tests. Haven't seen much explosion from the contest or real speed on the field. Pretty ordinary kick as well. He's not one I'd be after but I guess that's the beauty of this time of year cause it's all subjective. I am really of the belief that these days if you aren't a great kick then I don't want you. Although that was the knock on Worpel so there you go I guess.

I think people are getting way too obsessed with Cooper's combine numbers. He doesn't play the way he tests. Haven't seen much explosion from the contest or real speed on the field. Pretty ordinary kick as well. He's not one I'd be after but I guess that's the beauty of this time of year cause it's all subjective. I am really of the belief that these days if you aren't a great kick then I don't want you. Although that was the knock on Worpel so there you go I guess.

I think it’s easy to be seduced by the guy that was rated quite highly as a bottom aged player who then gets injured. Feel like there could be a potential bargain to be had. The fact that he’s a local kid and is a contested beast makes him look fairly irresistible. But the vision I’ve seen of him wasn’t overly impressive. I assumed that I just caught a couple of his poorer days.

If there is any chance we can land Hill, I want us to go for it. Not worth $900k of course, but for $650-700k, I'm very keen. Outside run and a good ball use is just what we need. He has taken his game to another level the last 2-years. He's elite on the wing. If anyone doubts this, watch a replay of our game against Freo this year. He cut us up. Very good outside player and just what we need IMO.

If there is any chance we can land Hill, I want us to go for it. Not worth $900k of course, but for $650-700k, I'm very keen. Outside run and a good ball use is just what we need. He has taken his game to another level the last 2-years. He's elite on the wing. If anyone doubts this, watch a replay of our game against Freo this year. He cut us up. Very good outside player and just what we need IMO.

He is but only at the right price though and i think Freo will demand too much. No harm in asking though.

There are so many draft pick flops that are outside mids. Hill is a rare bread and worth paying a premium for so I wouldn't balk at 700-800k and 14 + 17 for him personally.

Hed have to take less money like say 650k etc...but we have the picks to get it done unlike stk. When wells said last week he liked jack martin but martin said no my first thought was we would try to get hill if he is willing to come here.

Really ..my first thought was to try Bennell.. Martinis not that far away from him ( or what he was ) .. its about list spots I guess..

Surely we could package 17 and WC 2020 1st to get into the top 10.

Top 10 pick + 14 + 24 + 36 + Jack Steven(37) is a massive win for us.
With the relative flatness of the group this year post the top 5 or so... Id be keeping the WC Rd 1 2020 for next year....

Trade up using 24, 36 and 37 if we need to - but a top 10, 17, and 36 this year and 2 x Rd 1 next year works for me. (using 14, 24 and 37) if need to get from 14 to 8 or so.

I still dont mined also keeping 14, 17, 24 and maybe getting 25-27 from 36+37 to use this year.

14, 17, 24 and 26 would be a great deal for Wells to work with plus 2 x Rd 1 in 2020.
GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back