Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would have already needed to ask for an exemption and we didn't do so prior to the trade period

I dont think we do it anyway ..but I havent seen any regs like that. We are the first club to be put on notice..Im not think the afl would love to then and give us an exemption .. but on what we have done with the picks I doubt they would struggle to argue against it.

I like it because it might unlock the top 5 thing.
13 & 32 in for 17 and 24 out
14 + FR1 to Adel for 4 (if it needs a future 2nd or something thrown in to get it over the line do that).
36 and 37 to Freo for 22.
4 gets you Flanders 13 i would say is likely to get you one of c stephens robertson jackson (or kemp if you are lucky) and 22 and 32 left for sliders. Id be happy with that.

(22 is dead to freo bc of henry they would trade it for 36 and 37 (extra bid points) so you could get back in the 20s that way).

If nothing else a few of these trade options mean that the next few days should be interesting...
Interesting outcome..
Flanders , CopperS , and a couple Wells types say Bergman... we will add some sort of tall at some stage..

If there is any chance we can land Hill, I want us to go for it. Not worth $900k of course, but for $650-700k, I'm very keen. Outside run and a good ball use is just what we need. He has taken his game to another level the last 2-years. He's elite on the wing. If anyone doubts this, watch a replay of our game against Freo this year. He cut us up. Very good outside player and just what we need IMO.
Yeah maybe if saints dont get it done then we can come in for their slops!! Wouldn’t Zac Jones tick some boxes for us and dougal Howard? Why aren’t we in for them? I know they nominated St.Kilda but surely we have some clout?
We are now below the pecking order behind st.kilda!!!
Let’s stop talking up 2020 right now!!!
Boy oh boy looking for scraps and slops and rejects from St.Kilda!!!
Cooked!

For all listed above - please remove any with chronic or severe injury or track record of behaviour issues
For any inside mids listed - remove any that don’t have either elite kicking or elite first metre speed
For outside mids, backs and forwards listed - remove any that don’t have BOTH elite kicking and elite first 20 metres speed
For rucks, KPD and KPF - remove and very skinnies and less than good off first 20 metres.

The implicit ‘must haves’ above can’t be trained or coached. If we stray from this list of ‘prohibitions’ for a first rounder then there is a big risk it will be wasted. Nearly all our first round fails in living memory also failed the list above, a number on multiple levels.
Yes totally agree

How are kids getting this far in the system without the basic skills,junior coached focusing to much on results and neglecting skills?
Because Danger is generally an ordinary kick and Thurlow is a beautiful kick...who do you want in your team? Getting the pill is and always will be numero uno. (Names just examples)

You are seriously underrating Hill. That is where we differ.

He is a solid AFL player but when you go through the actual depth chats hill is a long long long way down.

If you look at where he ranks he is pretty average. I get it though he is appealing to the eye and athletic can run it's an area Geelong lack. He is a well trained experienced player

But overpaying for mid-range players is not great for mine.

Hill was ranked around 80th for mids this year he even ranked below Langdon who was shipped off to melbourne.

Price and reward for that price I mean just never would brad hill come into any Geelong model with the way they pay and draft trade. I have even heard wells say anything over a 3 year deal Geelong needs clearance from the powers above to make the call. Hill wants 5 years!!!

You have your top Level outside guys J.Kelly, Whitfield, Gaff, Merrett, Walters these guys who are either full time mids are are capable of playing another position half back forward.

Then you filter down to brad hills output level

D.Sheed, S.Higgins, R.Henderson, S.Sidebottom, H.Mcgluggage, J.Billings, L.Hunter, Polecs, Shiels, Langdon, Parish, S.Edwards

All these guys were statistically ranked a bit higher than hill over the year 2019.

I get it though he is a more crucial player to your best 22 than that. And he runs a lot so he creates opportunities he requires attention.

Put you want to pay premium level prices for the output not for me

Here is a copy of the Menegola to Freo article - really doesn't say much

View attachment 763684

I have a feeling that this guy has put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. Freo are talking to Menegola but that doesn’t mean that we are any chance of having Hill as part of the trade. In any case Hill has nominated Saints so a three way trade may help facilitate the move rather than us trading directly with Freo.

I have a feeling that this guy has put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. Freo are talking to Menegola but that doesn’t mean that we are any chance of having Hill as part of the trade. In any case Hill has nominated Saints so a three way trade may help facilitate the move rather than us trading directly with Freo.

I think menegola is worth a first rounder

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌👌👌👌👌👌🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤👍

I just love that there's no quotes or anything actually from any party mentioned in the article - the only thing he's probably got right is that Freo delisted Menegola 5 years ago

Just reads like the Constable to St Kilda pre-finals talk and we know how they went once trade period started

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok it’s getting pretty wacky when Hill could be an option. Overall Saints in a real bind so we should hold tough on Stevens. What I don’t get is why we aren’t reported as enquiring about Riley Knight. He is 24 which is the age bracket we are thin in, and a genuinely first 22 finals side player. Maybe we feel we have his type covered in the list, but he seems very gettable and for a little bit of effort, one best 22 player from day one for the next probably 6 to 7 years.

OK OK OK... I'm going have to say it.
This lunacy of giving up a 2020 first round pick to move up 8 spots is ridiculous unless we are after Matt ROWELL.
Especially moving up for Sam Flanders... Yeah good kid... along with about another dozen that are pretty much the same.
Is he that much better than Dylan Stephens?? Miles Bergman?? Devon Robertson?? Trent Rivers?? Even going down further the So CALLED Draft Ranking TOTEM POLE... Dylan Williams, Cooper Stephens or Cam Taheny who were all hindered by the injury bug in 2019.
Be happy with the 5 picks between 14-37. Until that changes...
Let's talk about Picks around the 13-50 mark that could impact the team in 2020 and those who will do so from 2021 onwards.
You know... The Dyson HILDER The Charlie COMBEN The Harry SCHOENBURG

Cheers Boys!!
GO CATTERS!!!

Freo - 12, Menegola, 18, Saints F2
Geel - 22, Freo F3
Saints - Hill, 37 (Geel)

I think port wants

Saints 18- Howard, Ryder package

Zak Jones will need something in the mid 25-35 range apparently

Then you would be looking at what's left over for the saints

Pick 12 and futures + acres not sure how they get that deal done.

I'm more interested in the bulldogs pick 13 for 17+24 with cats receiving one in the 30's back can't remember which one

I think port wants

Saints 18- Howard, Ryder package

Zak Jones will need something in the mid 25-35 range apparently

Then you would be looking at what's left over for the saints

Pick 12 and futures + acres not sure how they get that deal done.

I'm more interested in the bulldogs getting pick 13 for 17+24 with cats receiving one in the 30's back can't remember which one

How the hell the Saints pull off all these trades is beyond me! Howard for 18 seems v generous. Is he any good?

He is a solid AFL player but when you go through the actual depth chats hill is a long long long way down.

If you look at where he ranks he is pretty average. I get it though he is appealing to the eye and athletic can run it's an area Geelong lack. He is a well trained experienced player

But overpaying for mid-range players is not great for mine.

Hill was ranked around 80th for mids this year he even ranked below Langdon who was shipped off to melbourne.

Price and reward for that price I mean just never would brad hill come into any Geelong model with the way they pay and draft trade. I have even heard wells say anything over a 3 year deal Geelong needs clearance from the powers above to make the call. Hill wants 5 years!!!

You have your top Level outside guys J.Kelly, Whitfield, Gaff, Merrett, Walters these guys who are either full time mids are are capable of playing another position half back forward.

Then you filter down to brad hills output level

D.Sheed, S.Higgins, R.Henderson, S.Sidebottom, H.Mcgluggage, J.Billings, L.Hunter, Polecs, Shiels, Langdon, Parish, S.Edwards

All these guys were statistically ranked a bit higher than hill over the year 2019.

I get it though he is a more crucial player to your best 22 than that. And he runs a lot so he creates opportunities he requires attention.

Put you want to pay premium level prices for the output not for me

Fair enough. Stats and rankings are a bit overrated these days IMO. Your Langdon example proves that as Hill is a significantly better player with hurt factor Langdon could only dream of IMO. All I know is Hill fills a genuine need for a team in premiership contention next year. If his run and carry and good finishing foot skills are the difference between a flag or no flag, I think you could trade 4 first round picks for him and he'd be worth it.

We lacked the exact things he brings to the table IMO, and although Freo are asking more than he's worth (fair enough given he's contracted), the aim of the game is to win a flag and strike while the iron is hot, and if he helps achieve that, the trade is a raging success no matter what the outlay is..

OK OK OK... I'm going have to say it.
This lunacy of giving up a 2020 first round pick to move up 8 spots is ridiculous unless we are after Matt ROWELL.
Especially moving up for Sam Flanders... Yeah good kid... along with about another dozen that are pretty much the same.
Is he that much better than Dylan Stephens?? Miles Bergman?? Devon Robertson?? Trent Rivers?? Even going down further the So CALLED Draft Ranking TOTEM POLE... Dylan Williams, Cooper Stephens or Cam Taheny who were all hindered by the injury bug in 2019.
Be happy with the 5 picks between 14-37. Until that changes...
Let's talk about Picks around the 13-50 mark that could impact the team in 2020 and those who will do so from 2021 onwards.
You know... The Dyson HILDER The Charlie COMBEN The Harry SCHOENBURG

Cheers Boys!!
GO CATTERS!!!

If we don't trade out any picks, I agree, we should keep our current picks rather than upgrading. The risk does get bigger if we just have pick 3-4 because if they fail, we've burned the pick. Every single draft there are guys picked up in the teens, 20's and 30's and in some cases much later, that turn out to be better than some of the top 10 picks.

When we look back on this draft in a few years time, it'll be no different, some of the top 10 will be failures or very average players. At least with picks 14, 17, 24 etc, we can maximise our chances of finding good, long term players.

Ok it’s getting pretty wacky when Hill could be an option. Overall Saints in a real bind so we should hold tough on Stevens. What I don’t get is why we aren’t reported as enquiring about Riley Knight. He is 24 which is the age bracket we are thin in, and a genuinely first 22 finals side player. Maybe we feel we have his type covered in the list, but he seems very gettable and for a little bit of effort, one best 22 player from day one for the next probably 6 to 7 years.

What sort of role do you think he fills?

For all listed above - please remove any with chronic or severe injury or track record of behaviour issues
For any inside mids listed - remove any that don’t have either elite kicking or elite first metre speed
For outside mids, backs and forwards listed - remove any that don’t have BOTH elite kicking and elite first 20 metres speed
For rucks, KPD and KPF - remove and very skinnies and less than good off first 20 metres.

The implicit ‘must haves’ above can’t be trained or coached. If we stray from this list of ‘prohibitions’ for a first rounder then there is a big risk it will be wasted. Nearly all our first round fails in living memory also failed the list above, a number on multiple levels.

You're going to have a very short list of names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back