Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo - 12, Menegola, 18, Saints F2
Geel - 22, Freo F3
Saints - Hill, 37 (Geel)

Thats a fair deal for us if we get 22 Steven and a future FR3 for Menegola and 37 but Freo going up from 22 to 18 is worthless to them bc its about where Henry gets bid which makes these scenarios difficult. I think stk will need 18 (contracted) for Howard anyway. Would you try and get Hill here?

any idea's on how Freo is going to get the hill trade done ..? And if we trade 36 &37 for 24 .... what do you see us using to get JackS ?
I wouldnt be shocked at the end of trade period to see Geelong do a 36,37 for 22. Gets Freo Henry guaranteed as long as a bid comes at 10 or after.

any idea's on how Freo is going to get the hill trade done ..? And if we trade 36 &37 for 24 .... what do you see us using to get JackS ?

No I dont. I assume Butler will be some random late pick Howard and Ryder will be 18 Jones the 30s pick they get for Steven and they are hoping to get 13 in the Bruce deal and offer 12 and 13 for Hill. But a) i dont think the dogs will offer that and b) unless Freo are certain Henry isnt bid before 12 they get a crap deal. I think we can offer a better trade for Hill than they can unless they are prepared to trade their FR1. On Steven if we did 36 and 37 for 22 id then do our FR2 for Steven and St Kildas FR4 (about what we paid for Gaz).

Thats a fair deal for us if we get 22 Steven and a future FR3 for Menegola and 37 but Freo going up from 22 to 18 is worthless to them bc its about where Henry gets bid which makes these scenarios difficult. I think stk will need 18 (contracted) for Howard anyway. Would you try and get Hill here?

To be honest I’m not interested in Hill for what it would cost which would be a bomb. Would rather use the picks on kids but can understand the alternate view as he’s a quality player.

A R3 is pretty crap next year and this draft is pretty even after the 1st round. Bad trade imo.
They will be bottom 8. So we essentially slide up 6 picks at the top this year and then slide down 10 picks from 36 but in different season. Big deal. Also I say again we will only be taking 3 picks unless somebody unexpected like Menegola goes.

Much rather be drafting at 18 than 24. Could be the difference in getting Cooper S.

I like it and it is by no means a bad trade as most immediately dismissed. Very fair.

McCartin is a bigger risk than Steven and a chance he won't play again due to the concussion issues

He might be worth a rookie spot but he wouldn't be worth trading for
when I brought up McCartin.. I was referring to the Swans variety

GO Catters

I wouldnt be shocked at the end of trade period to see Geelong do a 36,37 for 22. Gets Freo Henry guaranteed as long as a bid comes at 10 or after.
I assume you think Jack isnt coming? If he is which is 99% Maybe we could delist Menegola by paying out his contract and then redraft with at 24. As essentially that's what we would need to do.

We only have 3 list spots available and thats with Buzza, Hendo and Smith departing. Steven comes and we will be picking only thrice so bundling picks that leave us with 4 is pointless.

2009 was a reasonable draft - Duncan, Menzel, Christiansen. Vardy and Hogan to a lesser extent.

If only it was an exact science, hey?
Yep, three premiership players (vards at wce I think) and I’d argue Menzel’s two first qtr goals v Hawks in 2011 final, just before his injury, is what turned our campaign. I always see him as part of the 11 premeiership team.

I assume you think Jack isnt coming? If he is which is 99% Maybe we could delist Menegola by paying out his contract and then redraft with at 24. As essentially that's what we would need to do.

We only have 3 list spots available and thats with Buzza, Hendo and Smith departing. Steven comes and we will be picking only thrice so bundling picks that leave us with 4 is pointless.
36,37 for 22 reduces the number of pic we have... Not increases them....

I would like to keep our picks as they stand, even though the sales pitches - sorry, draft summaries - make every kid sound like a million bucks: "don't miss out ... your club needs this now". Yes Flanders (or whoever) sounds great, but better to have a bunch of players taken high enough to show a lot of promise, so we hope to get one star and two, maybe three best 22s, than chucking all our chips at a high number pick (14, 17, 24) and leaving crumbs (36).

The year leading into the draft is a bit like the HSC - you kill yourself to get there, then it turns out that it makes no difference whether you were the first in or the last.

And it matters who gets taken together: Hartman and Thurlow together a few years ago (2012?) at ... 19 and about 80?, for example, always looked risky. A group of four to six taken together provides value as a group, not just for the club but for each other. This is a once in twenty years chance to build a group from high value picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I’m not interested in Hill for what it would cost which would be a bomb. Would rather use the picks on kids but can understand the alternate view as he’s a quality player.

Hill is exactly what we need though (hello blitz on a wing anyone) but i agree it has to be at the right price. I would like to keep at least one of our R1s this year but next years draft is compromised if we can work a trade involving those picks and Sam id do it. I imagine it depends on Hill being prepared to take say 650 here though and Sam going the other way bc we wont have the TPP room otherwise.

We are not delisting Menegola thats nuts.
If we are tight for list spots we either trade 36 + 37 to Freo for 22 or we trade 37 for someones future R2/R3. Much better plan.

Would you guys do a straight swap Bradley Hill for Jordan Clark?

We’re not going to win the premiership next year, making you guys stronger to challenge West Coast and fuc.king St Kilda at the same time is fine by me plus I know Bell rates Clark very highly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re not going to win the premiership next year, making you guys stronger to challenge West Coast and fuc.king St Kilda at the same time is fine by me plus I know Bell rates Clark very highly.

You won't get much joy on that idea in here

Not a chance. And this sort of trade wouldn’t even be in anyone’s head.

Hill is exactly what we need though (hello blitz on a wing anyone) but i agree it has to be at the right price. I would like to keep at least one of our R1s this year but next years draft is compromised if we can work a trade involving those picks and Sam id do it. I imagine it depends on Hill being prepared to take say 650 here though and Sam going the other way bc we wont have the TPP room otherwise.

We do need outside run for sure. I’m pretty sure that the “right price” for us would be no where near the “right price” for Freo. Can’t see it happening. In any case Hill would be taking a fair haircut from the Saints offer to play with us. I’m thinking that a trade will be organised between those two clubs this year or next.

Its a fair swap but Clark doesnt want to go and we wont trade him. Any trade we offer for Hill will involve picks and Menegola i think.

Couldn't fit him in the cap even if we wanted him. He's a quality player but I don't think the cats would entertain that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back