Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the whole Tim Kelly debacle id just like us to draft Vic kids, stuff the interstaters, stick with Flanders etc. Not worth the risk of them wanting home to mummy after a year...unless they are like Clark and cant wait to get out of there.
Other than Kelly whose situation was vastly different to 99% of draftees, when was the last time we lost a player to the go home factor?

Would you guys be interested in 18, future 3rd & Jack Steven for 24, 36 & 37? Essentially points wise would be Jack Steven for 37 and you'd trade up the draft which I hear is what you want. We'd get chips for other trades.
I should clarify why I wouldn't... Next year's draft is meant to be the weakest in years, so you giving a future 3rd round is worth peanuts.. And I speak for majority cat's fans here, taking Jack Steven for anything higher what Wells wants to give is a huge risk... Why I say that Enter Mitch Clark, we gave up a guy called Varcoe who would of still been playing for us, as taking a risk with a guy who has Mental Health Issues is a huge risk where we could take a 18 year old or even a mature age player that could be long term better for us...
And if Jack Steven didn't have Mental Health problems he would be worth something alot more then currently what his worth.

Would you guys be interested in 18, future 3rd & Jack Steven for 24, 36 & 37? Essentially points wise would be Jack Steven for 37 and you'd trade up the draft which I hear is what you want. We'd get chips for other trades.

Depending on where your finish next year that could be an ordinary trade to a bad trade. It has a estimated deficit of 450 points so thats JS at around P37 .. at best about P48 if you finish near last. I cant see that trade happening ... I think you may have JS for another 12 months..

Other than Kelly whose situation was vastly different to 99% of draftees, when was the last time we lost a player to the go home factor?
Does Henry Playfair to Sydney count?

After the whole Tim Kelly debacle id just like us to draft Vic kids, stuff the interstaters, stick with Flanders etc. Not worth the risk of them wanting home to mummy after a year...unless they are like Clark and cant wait to get out of there.

No deffinetly not ... Im not an advocate for labelling 18 yo bed wetters or go home to mummy etc. ..that is the noise that comes out of Gold Coast at times.. and I get you would be sensitive if you are always leaking draft picks. There will always be the odd player who we lose ..its this era of football. .. but we have a very good history with interstate kids... would we really want to miss out on players like Joel Corey Enright , Mackie etc... and as you say Clark.
Im pretty sure all potential draftees would be asked to confirm their willingness to move ..

And Jordan Clark has signed an extension to the end of 2022.

Kelly was a one off. Very rare if that happens again, to any club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ho
Ratugolea, Narkle, Clark, Parfitt, Kelly, Henry (rookie pick), Constable, Stewart, Atkins, O’Connor, etc. etc. Wells hasn’t lost any touch, if you’ve been paying any attention at all.
How about from 08 to 15? Did he have the golden touch throughout these years?

Cant see how we get Hill on the dollars he would want

Hed have to take less $ than at Stk obviously but Wells did admit this week he was keen on Jack Martin and Hill is a better version of the same type of player so i figure at the right price we would want Hill.

Depending on where your finish next year that could be an ordinary trade to a bad trade. It has a estimated deficit of 450 points so thats JS at around P37 .. at best about P48 if you finish near last. I cant see that trade happening ... I think you may have JS for another 12 months..

Yeah i agree 18 is not enough for us to give up 3 R2s no way.

Ho

How about from 08 to 15? Did he have the golden touch throughout these years?

2009 was a reasonable draft - Duncan, Menzel, Christiansen. Vardy and Hogan to a lesser extent.

If only it was an exact science, hey?

Pretty good suggestion

We definitely want 18
Jack Stevens is worth approx 37-45
We need a future 3rd next year as we will have list spots to fill in 2020

Essentially we are getting 18 plus a future 3rd (46ish) for 24 and 36. Moving up to 18 is worth far more points than 200 points in the real world so who cares if we end up on the wrong side of the points slightly. I also think ppl are getting spooked by next year's draft and all the academy picks getting talked up. For every one taken a pick is used. Some go up and some evaporate so 45 would be very valuable next year on a number of fronts.

Leaves us with 14,17,18, this year and 2 first rounder, a second and a 3rd next year. Ppl need to remember we will only have 3 list spots free this year. We could also float 2 of the 5 1st rounders to get as higher pick as possible this year which everyone seems obsessed by.

Might end up with Flanders, Kemp and Jackson/Stephen yet. With Steven as well that is a pretty decent offseason.

Freo probably want Menengola, pick 14 & 17.

Henry probably gets bid there so i doubt it. Id offer a future 1st and menegola but if they want 2 firsts and Sam no deal. Unless Hill says hes open to coming to Geelong its irrelevant anyway.

Pretty good suggestion

We definitely want 18
Jack Stevens is worth approx 37-45
We need a future 3rd next year as we will have list spots to fill in 2020

Essentially we are getting 18 for and a future 3rd (46ish) for 24 and 36. Moving up to 18 is worth far more points than 200 points in the real world so who cares if we end up on the wrong side of the points slightly. I also think ppl are getting spooked by next year's draft and all the academy picks getting talked up. For every one taken a pick is used. So go up and some evaporate so 45 would be very valuable next year on a number of fronts.

Leaves us with 14,17,18, this year and 2 first rounder, a second and a 3rd next year. Ppl need to remember we will only have 3 list spots free this year. We could also float 2 of the 5 1st rounders to get as higher pick as possible this year which everyone seems obsessed by.

Might end up with Flanders, Kemp and Jackson/Stephen yet. With Steven as well that is a pretty decent offseason.

A R3 is pretty crap next year and this draft is pretty even after the 1st round. Bad trade imo.

2009 was a reasonable draft - Duncan, Menzel, Christiansen. Vardy and Hogan to a lesser extent.

If only it was an exact science, hey?
Duncan was a great get and shame about Menzel and his knee.

Was Duncan our last star draftee up until Stewart? Was awhile between drinks for the man with the golden touch.

If nothing else a few of these trade options mean that the next few days should be interesting...
Interesting outcome..
Flanders , CopperS , and a couple Wells types say Bergman... we will add some sort of tall at some stage..

I really want Flanders. Like those other names you floated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back