Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kemp a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his knee?
I agree about the risk as we have such a strong line up. But may as well go after a need than a hit and hope.

Thats sort of like saying a guy would have been first in the que if only he had arrived earlier. ... but potentially yes.

So we've got a 1st 3 2nds and a 3rd for next year. How many players are we expecting to leave next year? Rohan Dollhouse JJ Selwood.
Wonder what 27 and fr 2nd tied to Essendon or GWS would get us? 🤔
Sounds like if Olli gets to 15/17ish and we'll pull the trigger.

Dahlhaus signed a 4-year deal, he's contracted through to 2022 so doubtful he's leaving next year

As it currently stands, contract status next year includes
- UFA: Selwood, C. Guthrie & Bews
- RFA: Kolodjashnij

- Senior list - Constable, De Konning, Evans, Z. Guthrie, Henry, Jarvis, Jenkins, Kreuger, Miers, Narkle, Ratugolea, Rohan, Stanley, Stephens, Taheny,

- Rookie list: Atkins, Brownless, Close & Henderson

- Cat B: Okunbor

In terms of who may leave at the end of next season, would think that the names Selwood, Jenkins & Rohan are in that discussion from the senior list; while guys like Constable (?), Narkle & Z. Guthrie are probably in that make or break season

Could potentially see a clean out of our rookie lists - think Close will be safe as the club was prepared to elevate him to the senior list this post-season if list numbers required it. Others, including Okunbor may be year by year considerations

Dont mind a change up in our medical department, think they have left a fair bit to be desired myself.
like the mostly full list we had all year and pretty much any player available at season end?

GO Catters

like the mostly full list we had all year and pretty much any player available at season end?

GO Catters
So much focus seems to be around the injury battles of Cockatoo, McCarthy & Vardy and to a lesser extent Fogarty - I'm not completely up on their pre-draft careers, but how many had injury concerns or issues prior to us selecting them?

I don't recall Fogarty having a history of injuries, but feel like the other guys did injury issues prior to being drafted

And crazily enough, I've got a feeling that one of the few years Vardy didn't deal with injury concerns was he's last year with us - congrats to him in being a premiership player at WCE, but he's racked up a decent list of injuries over the years

Anyone know much about Sam Berry?

Seems like a wellsey sort of pick, diamond in the rough type.

Looks like a bigger bodied mid which I think would complement the likes of stephens and parf moving forward. Not on the same level as cocky at his best, but brings the same sort of pressure and has the ability to move forward and kick a goal.
Possibly look for some more speed with our picks in 2021.

I'd be quite happy if we walked away with berry and highmore from 27 and 51.

Knightmare has been pumping up his lad as an even comparison to a few of the potential single figured picks for a while now.

So we've got a 1st 3 2nds and a 3rd for next year. How many players are we expecting to leave next year? Rohan Dollhouse JJ Selwood.
Wonder what 27 and fr 2nd tied to Essendon or GWS would get us? 🤔
Sounds like if Olli gets to 15/17ish and we'll pull the trigger.

Dahl is contracted for 2022.
Selwood Jenkins Rohan and Hendo would all be chances to go plus possibly Stanley retiring. Make or break year for CC Narkle Zuthrie Atkins OB Jarvis and Okunbor.

I think the issue is the top 10 picks will be hard to get and i can see Essendon or North (11) picking Ollie. Gws might prefer to take him with one of their teens picks than trade with us (not sure what our relationship is like with them). If by some miracle he is still there at richmonds pick (17) i reckon we would get on the phone and try and trade with them but i think hes gone by then so i think its unlikely we get him.

Does adding music to a players highlights makes him more appealing ? Anyway ..Highmore... again another guy who looks tallish in his comp but can he do it at afl standard

I definitely think he is worth a look with a R2/R3.

Age article saying Richmond want to trade pick 17, sounds like an opportunity for us if we want it.

Reckon we could definitely look at that. I'd say our Essendon Future 2nd will be about what that ends up after academy bids. Even if we didn't grab Ollie with that one, we could definitely get Ford if we were interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^Apart from Eggmolesse-Smith there's not anyone remotely appealing there imo
I reckon Paul Ahern showed quite a bit of talent pre injury and young brad lynch too. Really surprised me the dogs let him go. I guess with Treloar coming on board it didn't help his prospects.
I think Gleeson from the bombers also would give us something

Reckon we could definitely look at that. I'd say our Essendon Future 2nd will be about what that ends up after academy bids. Even if we didn't grab Ollie with that one, we could definitely get Ford if we were interested

I think ford will get to 27 though anyway. Id only want to trade for 17 on the night once we know ollie is there...assuming cox and reid are gone chapman (if he slides) bruhn macrae poulter and carroll i would be keen on at 17.

You would hope essendons FR2 straight up would get 17...or our FR2 (tied to us) plus 27 for 17..something like that.

I get all that ..I can read between the lines...

.... but not every player drafted is pure as the driven snow .. and if a player is talented enough its amazing how clubs can find ways to be accomadating... and if a player is just a good player then he better not be adding to a clubs issues.

Say again..im not wanting or advocating him... but was he any more of a cancer than the big 4 over at wc years ago. I doubt if Kelly was any less than what he developed into that he would have got drafted... but once his performance elevated ...he was drafted. No he may has a heap of stats playing wafl.. but does he have hurt factor that would translate..? Id say what ever his issues, his talent is not enough to compensate having to deal with them.

We are in a climate of 1000 players nominating for the draft and 50-60 will get drafted. You better be squeeky or be very very good.
I would love to see him get a chance again.
It is not as though he hasn't worked really hard to get another shot.
And he has talent.
Geelong have the culture that could turn him into something special
He clearly wants it

Dahlhaus signed a 4-year deal, he's contracted through to 2022 so doubtful he's leaving next year

As it currently stands, contract status next year includes
- UFA: Selwood, C. Guthrie & Bews
- RFA: Kolodjashnij

- Senior list - Constable, De Konning, Evans, Z. Guthrie, Henry, Jarvis, Jenkins, Kreuger, Miers, Narkle, Ratugolea, Rohan, Stanley, Stephens, Taheny,

- Rookie list: Atkins, Brownless, Close & Henderson

- Cat B: Okunbor

In terms of who may leave at the end of next season, would think that the names Selwood, Jenkins & Rohan are in that discussion from the senior list; while guys like Constable (?), Narkle & Z. Guthrie are probably in that make or break season

Could potentially see a clean out of our rookie lists - think Close will be safe as the club was prepared to elevate him to the senior list this post-season if list numbers required it. Others, including Okunbor may be year by year considerations
I think we can probably get it 66-75% right ..but as shown this year by Simpson..players can pop and surprise. We need to see SDek and Stephens play some footy but my guess is they are safe ..and with his name mentioned several times in the Cameron trade recipe we probably need to get him extended asap. The one who one would think are under heat CC , JJ, Narkle, Rohan and to some degree Stanley. On the Rookie list Henderson. Atkins and Brownless as well.

I think ford will get to 27 though anyway. Id only want to trade for 17 on the night once we know ollie is there...assuming cox and reid are gone chapman (if he slides) bruhn macrae poulter and carroll i would be keen on at 17.

You would hope essendons FR2 straight up would get 17...or our FR2 (tied to us) plus 27 for 17..something like that.

I think we’d definitely be looking at getting 17 on draft night too. 17 + future R2 (Richmond) for our 27 + future R2 (tied to Essendon) would be reasonable. Keeps our strong presence in R2 next year in a deep draft. I think we’ll be chasing one of the falcon boys (Bruhn or Henry) with 17; we probably have the greatest amount of info on them in a draft where there are lots of unknowns. I also believe we’ll trade for 17 early on draft night; Henry is rumoured here to be a big flight risk for any other club to pick him and having a presence at 17 may ward off other clubs from picking him. There’s also a reasonable chance that Bruhn will slide to 17; MVP in u16s but not much info on him since then. My 2 cents

I would love to see him get a chance again.
It is not as though he hasn't worked really hard to get another shot.
And he has talent.
Geelong have the culture that could turn him into something special
He clearly wants it

Again.. my post was not specifically about him , more about why a player may be over looked. I remember when Pods was taken by us ..there was commentry about the mindset of recruiters... not being picked , sometimes , meant that you were considered a little off... a sort of..if no one else has picked him , then there is something wrong.It was more that when he trained with us against Scarlett that he stood out as someone we need to draft.

Considering age of our list , id prefer to add a younger player because I doubt a fringe player will be able to break in. Close for example is fine he is young, mature players in the age group will be more patient imo.

Pretty much...but if the phantoms are right ..henry will be gone by 17...

Again.. my post was not specifically about him , more about why a player may be over looked. I remember when Pods was taken by us ..there was commentry about the mindset of recruiters... not being picked , sometimes , meant that you were considered a little off... a sort of..if no one else has picked him , then there is something wrong.It was more that when he trained with us against Scarlett that he stood out as someone we need to draft.

Considering age of our list , id prefer to add a younger player because I doubt a fringe player will be able to break in. Close for example is fine he is young, mature players in the age group will be more patient imo.
Fair, but don't think close would win wafl bronlow equivalent twice and get best and fairest and best on in losing grand final. If we're in it for the now, he could be a difference maker

I think we’d definitely be looking at getting 17 on draft night too. 17 + future R2 (Richmond) for our 27 + future R2 (tied to Essendon) would be reasonable. Keeps our strong presence in R2 next year in a deep draft. I think we’ll be chasing one of the falcon boys (Bruhn or Henry) with 17; we probably have the greatest amount of info on them in a draft where there are lots of unknowns. I also believe we’ll trade for 17 early on draft night; Henry is rumoured here to be a big flight risk for any other club to pick him and having a presence at 17 may ward off other clubs from picking him. There’s also a reasonable chance that Bruhn will slide to 17; MVP in u16s but not much info on him since then. My 2 cents
You think so? Maybe trading for 17 early might incentives other clubs to pick Henry to screw us over?

I agree we would want either henry or bruhn and trade up if they get to 17 i do think both will go by 15 though so we will just miss out.

You think so? Maybe trading for 17 early might incentives other clubs to pick Henry to screw us over?

You do it on the night live at that pick not now..partly for the reason you stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back