Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Gibbs on the rookie list?

Adelaide are rookie listing him for admin purposes as he is still contracted so part of the contract can be paid outside the cap. He wont have any involvement with the club.

Adelaide are rookie listing him for admin purposes as he is still contracted so part of the contract can be paid outside the cap. He wont have any involvement with the club.

Someone else drafting him would have no effect on any payout he agreed to with Adelaide. The team that drafts him would be on the hook for the base rookie wage.

So Carroll is a royal butterfly?

The kid is not what id call an Iron Butterfly ... but the way he reads , reminds me of an other WA talent we gobbled up in the late 20's..

Next under the microscope in our AFL Draft watch is East Fremantle prospect Jack Carroll, a classy midfielder who uses the ball cleanly moving forward. Having cut his teeth across half-back and on the outside, the 17-year-old has also proven his ability to find the ball as a centre bounce feature in 2020. Carroll’s clean hands and agility allow him to weave through traffic and release efficiently via hand or foot, while his potent left side comes to the fore on the outer. With some promising WAFL Colts form this year, the top-ager has risen into first round calculations as he knocks on the door of senior promotion.

PLAYER PAGE:
Jack Carroll
East Fremantle/Western Australia

DOB:
December 20, 2002

Height: 188cm
Weight: 79kg

Position: Midfielder/Half-Back

Strengths: Poise/class, efficiency, agility, versatility, scope
Improvements: Inside game

2020 WAFL Colts averages: 7 games | 22.9 disposals | 3.9 marks | 3.4 tackles | 3.6 inside 50s | 0.9 goals (6)

Someone else drafting him would have no effect on any payout he agreed to with Adelaide. The team that drafts him would be on the hook for the base rookie wage.

True but i dont think anyone will draft him.

There is the old tale about the person with the butterfly net who ran around expending energy and effort swing wildly at anything bright and fluttery... till after expending all their worth, they collapsed under a tree into a state of catatonic stillness , and in that state , the brightest fluttery butterfly came to rest on the persons shoulder......

Perhaps by doing nothing ... a player like Carroll may slide thru to us .. and who knows , he may endup being the best in the bunch. This year..would it really surprise anyone if in years to come , that the best player comes from the 20's or later..?
For sure, I think there's going to be plenty of dud firsts this year and some kids who get past even our p51 who end up quality. I say leave it where it is and take what's on the table when we get there

Dahlhaus signed a 4-year deal, he's contracted through to 2022 so doubtful he's leaving next year

As it currently stands, contract status next year includes
- UFA: Selwood, C. Guthrie & Bews
- RFA: Kolodjashnij

- Senior list - Constable, De Konning, Evans, Z. Guthrie, Henry, Jarvis, Jenkins, Kreuger, Miers, Narkle, Ratugolea, Rohan, Stanley, Stephens, Taheny,

- Rookie list: Atkins, Brownless, Close & Henderson

- Cat B: Okunbor

In terms of who may leave at the end of next season, would think that the names Selwood, Jenkins & Rohan are in that discussion from the senior list; while guys like Constable (?), Narkle & Z. Guthrie are probably in that make or break season

Could potentially see a clean out of our rookie lists - think Close will be safe as the club was prepared to elevate him to the senior list this post-season if list numbers required it. Others, including Okunbor may be year by year considerations
My apologies for Dollhouse his actually younger than I thought. His only 28 🤔
I think we'll go after a gun mid with Joel retiring. We'll have ample coin burning a hole in our wallet

Outstanding at combine testing ..but limited football exploits ....

Liam Kolar says draft combine was like his grand final ahead of AFL Draft

The St Mary’s junior clocked an elite 6.02min 2km time trial, the third fastest time in the nation, and a wind-assisted 2.87sec 20m sprint, third fastest at the Vic Metro combine.

As a raw 195cm key forward prospect with plenty of upside Kolar was already on AFL watchlists.

A talented junior athlete, it might be no surprise Kolar models his game on a particular Geelong star, and believes his endurance will be his biggest asset at AFL level.

“I’ve been pretty athletic since I was younger, that’s helped a lot, having a strong endurance base it holds me in good stead in footy,” he said.

“I would say I model myself more on Mark Blicavs, coming from that athletics background and having the endurance base.

“When I watch him I really enjoy seeing how he hits the contest and how competitive he is around the ball, so he’s a player I look at in my development.”

OK - hear me out, Aaron Black has nominated for the draft. Before he did his knee, he was more than serviceable as a key (ish) back. Could he be rookied as a back up in case Hendo gets injured?

OK - hear me out, Aaron Black has nominated for the draft. Before he did his knee, he was more than serviceable as a key (ish) back. Could he be rookied as a back up in case Hendo gets injured?
How old is he now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a few recruiters will get cold feet on draft night with lack of information. It may be a case of finding the recruiters not willing to make a call on the night, especially if their target players have already been drafted, and start trading up the draft order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we sure there is just not someone else called Aaron Black. Got to be a common name out there. Coming off a knee injury, no local footy this year and effectively not played for over 2 and a half years. Surely not. Has to be a better option from the SANFL/WAFL.

A 30 yo old who is average at best... NO thanks.
SDK will play next year to most peoples surprise IMO.

There was a guy called aaron black in the wafl so it wouldnt surprise me if it was him.
Our aaronblack is 30 so i doubt it...from what o understand he was more interested in transitioning to coaching and business work anyway.

I reckon a few recruiters will get cold feet on draft night with lack of information. It may be a case of finding the recruiters not willing to make a call on the night, especially if their target players have already been drafted, and start trading up the draft order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've been tracking players since the junior days, rep sides, state sides etc. They'd have plenty of data available to them.
One year out of footy I personally think will have a massive advantage with rested bodies and more time away from the game. The down side would be lack of game time which players won't be expected to break into the senior side immediately.
Players would have focused on education and personal development not to mention they still had there training schedule.

Some of the Adel board seem to think that the good oil is that Sth Australian Kaine Baldwin will be taken by us at 27.

Would be some gamble. Top 5 talent but the odds just stacked so far against him now.

Very few nail Geels selections pre draft so I’d be surprised if that was a genuine leak.

Outstanding at combine testing ..but limited football exploits ....

Liam Kolar says draft combine was like his grand final ahead of AFL Draft

The St Mary’s junior clocked an elite 6.02min 2km time trial, the third fastest time in the nation, and a wind-assisted 2.87sec 20m sprint, third fastest at the Vic Metro combine.

As a raw 195cm key forward prospect with plenty of upside Kolar was already on AFL watchlists.

A talented junior athlete, it might be no surprise Kolar models his game on a particular Geelong star, and believes his endurance will be his biggest asset at AFL level.

“I’ve been pretty athletic since I was younger, that’s helped a lot, having a strong endurance base it holds me in good stead in footy,” he said.

“I would say I model myself more on Mark Blicavs, coming from that athletics background and having the endurance base.

“When I watch him I really enjoy seeing how he hits the contest and how competitive he is around the ball, so he’s a player I look at in my development.”
And that is the kind of kid that might have got exposed more if the season wasn't shut down. Perfect late pick that could be a really bargain as guys with little exposure fall. Not at 27 but at 51, yeh, have a go.

There was a guy called aaron black in the wafl so it wouldnt surprise me if it was him.
Our aaronblack is 30 so i doubt it...from what o understand he was more interested in transitioning to coaching and business work anyway.
It said he was from Geelong in the article

Some of the Adel board seem to think that the good oil is that Sth Australian Kaine Baldwin will be taken by us at 27.

Would be some gamble. Top 5 talent but the odds just stacked so far against him now.

Very few nail Geels selections pre draft so I’d be surprised if that was a genuine leak.

It wouldnt surprise me if we take him.

Be happier if he was 197cm..

It wouldn’t be that surprising if Black got another go. But I’d think it would come next year after playing some state league. He played some good footy and judging by the coaches comments when he was injured was well liked at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back