Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Highmore for me.

I liked highmore from what I've seen..good hands and might fit in well in our defence..like Ford more though...and in the 50's I'd risk it and take Baldwin...which, given my past prognostications means neither will be selected..

Most clubs would asses our Fr1 as late teens... what sort of pick in the R1 are we going to get?... I think we accept Henry is out of reach this year and we try to get him ..in 2021;2022 etc... in the mean time. we look at someone who we think can add something in the range we can get to without too much pain..

I think it was Gee Class Loco that mentioned this kid but I do like the way he reads... captain, animal, goal kicker, missed footy ... that reads like the kid is driving in the Swells boulevard

Luke Pedlar (Glenelg/SA)

Midfielder/forward, 182cm, 80kg

The Prince Alfred College captain missed a lot of footy through injury this season but, on the back of a standout opening month in the under-18s and a brief stint for PAC, he’s still received plenty of interest. “He makes his teammates play harder and feel safer. He’s an animal who wins the ball through grunt, toughness and a want for physicality,” state coach Tony Bamford said last week. And that’s what clubs love about Pedlar, who wasn’t a part of the SA Academy Hub. But he also spreads well, breaks lines – most often after he’s broken a tackle – and is terrific around goal, booting six goals in his four SANFL under-18 appearances.
He has Wells written all over him. Cal saying he might have pushed inside the top 20 on the chat today

Looks good but is he KP at AFL level?

I think he can be. But key defender or third tall he would be pretty plug and play in an area where we need depth next year.

Given we picked up a development Ruck, key forward and some outside class. Probably would be a good idea to add depth to the Rohan/Jarvis role with someone like Eddie Ford with that Pick 27.

Aside Ford, I do like the sounds of:
Isiah Winder
Brodie Lake
Charlie Lazzaro
Luke Pedlar
Fraser Rosman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid can play but realistically how many men let alone kids make it after two ACLs to the same knee. It’s a romantic story but an incredible risk.

Depends at what pick..in the top 10 no but in the 20s/30s its worth taking a risk on the talent that good..id rank him in the top 10 on talent.

That was my thought as well.

He is not not my favourite player..and I have no idea how he went at combine , I maintain we rarely pick players who are poor at running... but sliding into the 40's ..he is starting to look value. He reminds me a bit of Constable , who we picked with poor combine data but if we take him then its to fill the Fogarty spot ..so be it.

Cal on the chat also said that there is now no real appetite for any club to trade back in this years draft. He did say potentially GWS, Melbourne or Rich would consider 1st round picks for next year but only Collingwood has expressed an interest in that space.

He has Wells written all over him. Cal saying he might have pushed inside the top 20 on the chat today

All I will say ... atm the top 20 has about 30 odd players in there. The kid Stone is coming with a rush .. and apparently Richmond are looking at Kolar ..probably trying to go the Balta approach again..

Cal on the chat also said that there is now no real appetite for any club to trade back in this years draft. He did say potentially GWS, Melbourne or Rich would consider 1st round picks for next year but only Collingwood has expressed an interest in that space.
Do you get the feeling we may be able to trade a FR2 for a late R1?

All I will say ... atm the top 20 has about 30 odd players in there. The kid Stone is coming with a rush .. and apparently Richmond are looking at Kolar ..probably trying to go the Balta approach again..
He said Adel want him but it looks likely that he’ll go inside their current picks at the start of the 2nd round. Same as Stone.

He is pretty good with these whispers. Guys like Bergman, Pickett and Day etc he got info in the last week before the draft and moved them up into his top 20 seemingly out of nowhere.

I don't follow the WAFL so don't know if he has improved much since but I remember him as a limited goer when he was a rookie at the Pies. He is 28 now too.

Jye Bolton (born 3 March 1992) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for Claremont in the West Australian Football League (WAFL). [1] He previously played for Werribee in the Victorian Football League (VFL). He is a highly rated midfielder known for his contested ball wins, tough endurance, elite running and determination to win the ball.[2][3]

Bolton grew up in Geelong, Victoria, and played football for Drysdale Football Club and Leopold Football Club in his early life.[1] He was drafted to Collingwood Football Club as a rookie under Nick Maxwell's high recommendation in the 2011 rookie draft.[1] [4] Bolton played in the VFL for Werribee Football Club from 2012 - 2015. During this time, he was named in the Victorian Football League Team of the Year in 2014 [5] Bolton was also selected to play for a VFL representative side against Ireland in an International rules practice match in 2014. [6]

Bolton then moved to play with the Claremont Football Club in the West Australian Football League competition in 2016.[7] Since then, he has won the Sandover Medal for the best player in the league twice, in 2016[8][9] and 2018. [10] [11] He has also represented Western Australia four times and received the Simpson Medal three times. He twice won it as the best player on the ground in interstate matches, in 2016 against Tasmania, and in 2018 against Victoria, and also in the 2020 WAFL Grand Final, when he was awarded Best on Ground in a losing team.[3] Bolton is only the seventh person to do so, and the first person in thirty- five years to claim the medal in a team that lost by only three points.

He has also won the EB Cook medal for the Claremont Football Club best and fairest player twice.[3] He has been named in the WAFL Team of the Year five times from 2016 to 202

THAT APPEARS IMPRESSIVE TO ME

Jye Bolton (born 3 March 1992) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for Claremont in the West Australian Football League (WAFL). [1] He previously played for Werribee in the Victorian Football League (VFL). He is a highly rated midfielder known for his contested ball wins, tough endurance, elite running and determination to win the ball.[2][3]

Bolton grew up in Geelong, Victoria, and played football for Drysdale Football Club and Leopold Football Club in his early life.[1] He was drafted to Collingwood Football Club as a rookie under Nick Maxwell's high recommendation in the 2011 rookie draft.[1] [4] Bolton played in the VFL for Werribee Football Club from 2012 - 2015. During this time, he was named in the Victorian Football League Team of the Year in 2014 [5] Bolton was also selected to play for a VFL representative side against Ireland in an International rules practice match in 2014. [6]

Bolton then moved to play with the Claremont Football Club in the West Australian Football League competition in 2016.[7] Since then, he has won the Sandover Medal for the best player in the league twice, in 2016[8][9] and 2018. [10] [11] He has also represented Western Australia four times and received the Simpson Medal three times. He twice won it as the best player on the ground in interstate matches, in 2016 against Tasmania, and in 2018 against Victoria, and also in the 2020 WAFL Grand Final, when he was awarded Best on Ground in a losing team.[3] Bolton is only the seventh person to do so, and the first person in thirty- five years to claim the medal in a team that lost by only three points.

He has also won the EB Cook medal for the Claremont Football Club best and fairest player twice.[3] He has been named in the WAFL Team of the Year five times from 2016 to 202

THAT APPEARS IMPRESSIVE TO ME

From what I personally have heard and know about him, I would be surprised if he ever got onto an AFL list again. Although I was surprised he was on one in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back